informed employee 6 months ago
Unless you really want to be demeaned, do NOT bother with their Bellevue, WA office. It was the WORST experience I have ever had with ANY temp agency. Treated me as if I was brain dead & I have a BA degree plus decades of work experience.
SourcerDude 7 months ago
Do you work at Volt? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?
Any advice for someone trying to get in?
MzStone 12 months ago
Dealing with this agency is a waste, they never reply and all they do is collect resume "Do They Have Jobs?"
Ali Emami in Kirkland, Washington 15 months ago
Typical scenario for how a group at Microsoft fills a contract position:
- The group Program Manager (PM) will attempt to secure budget money to fill this contract position. They will get preliminary approval and begin the process.
- The PM will contact Volt and describe the position. Microsoft only hires temps through a handful of providers (Volt, Excel, etc.). The PM will rarely contact more than one provider â€“ and it is usually Volt. The PM will negotiate an hourly rate that they will pay Volt. The MS contract with Volt guarantees them a MINIMUM percentage markup so they make a profit. Volt is free to negotiate ANY rate with the contractor.
- Volt will attempt to find a group of candidates that just barely meet the requirements with the minimal amount of experience. These types of employees typically can be obtained for a lower rate.
- Volt will order these candidates by lowest cost to them and present a few at a time to the PM. The PM will schedule interviews and/or ask for more candidates.
- The PM will want to schedule interviews after a delay as budget money is not yet signed off on. Eventually the money shows up and the interviews begin.
- Since the worst candidates interview first the interviews will be disastrous. MS still uses their archaic process of throwing the poor candidate at tons of people. None of these employees have the time or desire to interview people. Volt will SLOWLY send more qualified (more expensive) people. It is not uncommon for a group to interview 20 people for a postion.
- The MS employees will complain how no good candidates are available. How we need better schools and how H1 Visa limits should be increased. Eventually they will become exhausted with interviewing and hire the contractor that will probably work because there is nobody better available.
Brandi 25 months ago
Just curious what it's like to work for this company. Do they drug test for call center employees? does anyone on here know anything about the San Antonio locations? I was told I would be working at a newly opened call center on the south side of town doing tech support. Any opinions or wisdom to impart?
Dana in Charlotte, North Carolina 48 months ago
Has anyone ever taken the technical pre-screen for Volt to submit your application to Microsoft? If so, what is the pre-screen exam? What type of questions?
pebcle in Cleveland, Ohio 66 months ago
Why are there temp agencies when we have the Internet with job boards? Each company has a HR department. Why don't the HR departments do their job and post the jobs themselves, with the name of the company.
I have the same beef with realtors, there has got to be a better way to do a for sale buy owner and providing access to the house.
Take out the middle man. We don't need them. Not to our benefit. I can see why democrates claim to have such a distrust of companies.
foo fool in Bellevue, Washington 75 months ago
I currently have a Volt position in Redmond at a large software company. The manager here has a contract employee through Volt Bellevue that they really like. The managaer wanting to keep resigning this employee contacted Volt and told them he would like to pay the employee more $ per hour. Of course the Volt rep said great. Later the company manager found that the Volt rep didn't pass on the raise to the employee but kept the money for Volt/himself.
acctinfo in Wilmington, Delaware 83 months ago
Anybody have a line on good headhunters or agencies in Delaware?
Big software company contract at Volt in Bellevue, Washington 83 months ago
What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Volt?
What do you like best about working at Volt? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?