Volt Employee Reviews

Found 1,540 reviews matching the search
Good pay, terrible health insurance option
PC Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMay 26, 2016
Volt didn't provide employee benefits like other contract companies did.
I didn't like my Technical Recruiter. She had poor customer service skills. If I could, I would have asked for a different one.
Employee forms needed to be done on paper and mailed. No way to just fill out employee forms online, like other contract companies provide.
Everything else was fine. No problems with paychecks, and HR was responsive to my inquiries.
Pros
Functional
Cons
Health Care
Failing Endeavor
IOS Tier 1 Team Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 11, 2016
This company is failing and is unable to make the necessary changes to succeed because of the poisonous culture that has costed the company over 200 employees in the last 60 days. You can be number one and that will not secure your position...along with the non-existent pay raises and extra work that always finds its way to your desk, Volt would be the last option to accept employment from because of the instability of the upper management...be very AWARE if you accept a management position because they are known to demote without notice or actual cause to meet their agenda. Don't go unless you live across the street and have no other choice! Most people don't make it 90 days...what does that say to you?
Overview...the projects that they manage are not that great and have menial pay. They are always firing and there isnt much lateral movement at this time. Beware! This is not a family company and they have one of the most HORRIBLE HR departments I have ever witnessed in action. Again, avoid this trap at all costs!
Pros
Laid back Culture
Cons
Job Stability
Productive and fun workplace where people make a difference
Tier I Tech Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 24, 2016
Typical day was mainly helping customers with various issues with Apple products. I learned how to ensure the issue was understood, how to empathize with the customer, and to give customers piece of mind that their issue will be solved. Management was decent, and was willing to help out with performance issues. Co-workers were ok in the fact that I didn't have any issues with them. Hardest part of job was dealing with the fact that I wasn't always able to assist customers with their issue and took it personally at first. The most enjoyable part of the job was the occasions where a customer was satisfied with service provided and it can be heard in their voice.
Pros
Up-to-date equipment, Fun environment, occasional food trucks and catering
Cons
Not much floor support, no real chance for advancement
productive work place
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 16, 2016
Volt was a great place to work, i would assist people in troubleshooting tv, internet and phone services. I learned how to control calls to keep them within the time allotted per call and how to describe things easier for people to understand. My management and co-workers were all great they are all friendly and very positive which made it a more positive work place for me. The hardest part of this job was handling irate customers who would not cooperate or troubleshoot along with assisting the elderly with email issues. What i loved about VOLT was that the majority of the time the customers were friendly and amazing to work with over the phone.
Pros
positive work enviornment
Cons
no sense of job security, contract could be dropped from AT&T at any time
Fantastic Place To Work! Great Manangement! Great Co-Workers! Room for Advancement
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 17, 2016
Great Company to work for! Global Marketplace.Volt cares about its employees! Great benefits, compensation, and pay raises/bonuses for those who work hard and provide results!
I was promoted from Admin. Asst. to Sourcing Specialist within 90 days and given a large increase in pay along with the promotion!
Was given the opportunity to learn, as well as showcase my abilities and was rewarded with commendation, and several bonuses. Many opportunities for advancement within Volt. They are loyal to their own!
Pros
Great Employers, Great benefits, compensation, bonuses, opportunity for advancement
GREAT Company, Poor Work/Life Balance
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  SCMarch 14, 2016
I LOVED working for Volt Information Sciences/Volt Workforce Solutions (a salaried employee, not a temporary associate). My management team was awesome, very supportive (when available)...but there is a poor work/life balance. Weekly work hours ranged between 48-60 hours a week. There is no down-time, it's always Volt time. Overall, it is a great place to work for someone who has no family/social life.
Pros
Benefits Package, Management, Culture
Cons
Work/life balance, burnout
Good for in between jobs
Clerical shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2016
It depends where you placed. This is a temp agency, so they are going assign you a work assignment depending what kind of experience you have. You are only a contractor, not a permanent employee. It thought me other skills, to compete in the work place. Management is not bad , they do have an open ear, and a easy to work with. However, as far as getting jobs for the contractor, they have to be a little more proactive. The coworkers were good, easy to work with and a built a strong team environment. The hardest part is being you are contractor, noting is guaranteed, and you may not be placed with an employer on a permanent base. Benefits are really not great. The most enjoyable part was learning about different places you were placed at as a contractor.
Pros
learning about differet work environments
Cons
May not always be placed on a work assignment
fun work place with great co-workers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  hopkin south carolinaJune 16, 2016
As soon as we get to work we exercise which I love because it gets you ready and stretched out to work for the day. I have lovely and nice co-workers. This was not hard of a job at all. I learned how to read blueprints and match them with the product.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
compensation
Working on contract to Mitsubishi Motors of North America
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 31, 2016
Working on contract for Mitsubishi Motors of North America. Should have been hired in 6 to 8 months. The auto industry slowed down and caused a hire freeze at Mitsubishi. I was stuck working for the contract company for 4 years. The pay and benefits were terrible.
Variety of Careers with Big Companies
Event Staff, Tester, Administrative Professional (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 15, 2016
I filed documents and folders, put the folders into storage. Test cellphones and software. Company event staff. Edit documents on adobe. I did not learn very much. Most of the management were great to work with. Most of the coworkers were great to work with. The hardest part of the careers was that they were not long term and one of the managers made threats. The most enjoyable part of the careers was that I worked at big well known companies sometimes in office environments.
Good entry level job for management
Activision On-Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 13, 2017
I was hired as an temporary on-site coordinator without much management experience but I was given the tools I needed to succeed. My co-workers and my boss were awesome,friendly and very helpful.

The begging of the season was difficult because my team and I were new to a client and we had to learn how to use a program called smart-sheets and we had to learn the program and make sure we were up to par with our clients expectations.

I also had to do office tasks like interviewing answering phones some data entry running backgrounds and doing on boarding with new hires.

Overall it was a great experience I am glade I was giving the opportunity to handle so much responsibility and help my team out.
Pros
Managment
Cons
Client had unreal expectations
First contacted Volt an entire year ago.
Prospective Worker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 27, 2016
Volt staffs big name companies but they aren't looking out for you specifically. For every position they get an interview for you they are also sending 6-7 other candidates. After about 4 interviews (most of which they thought I was too qualified for since they were entry level positions which I was okay with accepting) they have probably just dropped my resume since I haven't heard from them in months. They also take weeks in between to find a position for you to interview for so if you're in a hurry to find a career don't look here. Overall very disappointed after being talked up so much in the beginning.
Pros
Good opportunities available.
Cons
Not looking out for individuals specifically, unresponsive.
good work environment with good contumer service an good pay an hours
general Labor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 25, 2016
everything is organized and co workers work as a team. Volt is a place i enjoyed working because everyone get alone and supervisor help when needed an appreciate each person.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
no health care benefits
Good Company for the Short Term
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMay 25, 2016
Volt is Great if you are looking for something short term, I was with this company for 3 years, they are terrible with upward promotions and there is a huge culture of Favoritism there. Do not expect to work for this company and move up you will be disappointed. Employee Relations There is also Hard to work with and not very good at returning emails. Also they do not work with home life or transportation issues at all...So if times get hard and it becomes hard to get to work because of Health or Transportation issues...Be prepared to get fired no matter how long you worked there.
Pros
Great Pay, Laid Back enviroment
Cons
Terrible Management, Favoritism
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 19, 2016
Providing excellent customer service to U-verse customers in a timely manner
Providing resolution to complex issues that customers brought to my attention.
Explained billing information to customers with billing questions. Providing credits were needed
Utilized multiple programs that were provided to me by the company to assist with any troubleshooting problems customers had.
Answered each call in a timely manner, to prevent customer's having to wait long periods to speak with a representative.
Up sell products with customers when needed. Providing options to customer that would better suit their needs.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Temp agency
Productive place
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers.
Very fun place to work and to learn.
From start to finish, this company has what I was looking for. The culture is unlike any other, the people here are great and push each other for success and actually like each other. This is not the place for someone who doesn't want to work hard. Office is awesome -
I recommend this company and am glad I can be a part of it
Temp service
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 19, 2016
For Temporary work Volt was very good to work for.
Management was very easy to deal with and there whenever you needed them.
As with most temp work there are not benefits or room for advancement.
Volt provides a great service to many companies
Senior Editor/Writer (temp) (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAApril 8, 2016
Volt is helpful to both those seeking temporary staff and those seeking temporary employment. At times, there may be opportunities for a more permanent position.
Pros
They vet the employer, offer benefits
Cons
Sometimes difficult to contact with person managing your account.
might be a good place if you are an entry level recruiter.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2016
Might be a good place if you are an entry level recruiter. You don't want to be there long term. The company has been on a wage increase freeze for a long time. If you want to make more money, you need to produce more in your recruiting efforts. They won't ever give you a base increase. Volt has not downsizing a long time and they continue to loose money rather than make money. It won't be long until this company is sold and acquired by another recruiting company.
Pros
Volt has a good brand name.
Cons
company won't give out raises.
No Longer in Columbus Ohio
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 17, 2016
The company closed the Columbus Office, the nearest office is in Cincinnati. The company hired me and got me a great job. I would recommend it, if it were still in Columbus
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Took some time for responses to concerns, no paid time off, health benefits could have been better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volt. Our community is ready to answer.