Volt Employee Reviews

Recruiters who only see the company point of view
Contractor (Current Employee) –  New Brighton MNSeptember 28, 2017
Staffing agencies such as Volt primarily want to receive their commission for how many accounts they close and really are not trained nor equipped to know how to match employment candidate with company.

Many times, they are not even fully familiar with the company they are doing business with, it's management nor company culture therefore, they create much confusion in the employment process.
Cons
recruiters are not fully familiar with company cultures
Prefer Permancy
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2017
I love the company and the job that they found for me! However, I would like to find something more permanent and have the opportunity to have paid vacation and sick days.
Contract Jobs
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 28, 2017
This company is a contract company and will not provide sick time, more than 5 days of vacation, and has the minimum acceptable healthcare approved by Obamacare.
Pros
They work with good companies
Cons
No sick time, bare minimum health benefits
Stressful
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Constantly dealing with technical issue with iOS device & Mac OS devices paid training but it was self guided not hands on a lot of favortism goes on management is horrible. Not treated equally not respected as tenured advisor people made the same pay as people were making that had been there for 5 years and advisor would get hired get the same pay.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Not organized short breaks communication
My Work Place Review
Raley's Call Center Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 27, 2017
Working for Volt was great. They were very helpful when I had any questions with the job. They communicate well and keep you updated on anything that you need to know.
Pros
Great salary and flexible hours.
Cons
Temporary job which meant my time there was limited.
Volt is a temporary job service
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 26, 2017
They gave me temporary jobs until I found a permanent one. They are a good temporary work agency. They worked quickly to find me a job. They were friendly and supportive.
Pros
good for temporary work
Cons
they are a temp service
nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 26, 2017
wiling to return to volt for employment. I never had any issues with this employer and any time I needed to speak with the manager for whatever reason all of my emails were responded to in a timely manner.
good job
CAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 26, 2017
Worked as assistant network engineer along with Lucent Technologies. Learned many skills with computer hardware and software. Network and computer configurations. Store room inventory kept and new workstation setup and maintenance performed.
Fast paced work place
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJSeptember 23, 2017
It was a great experience to grow and learn new procedures. Management was great with working with my personal life(kids).
The culture was great. I earned a lot from one of the top 5 recruiter in New Jersey.
informative good management
Customer Service Technical Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Assisted customer that would be calling inbound and provided technical support for their tv, computers, game consoles. Upgraded packages upon request and also set in home technician support when needed
Pros
gained more knowledge about the technical field
Cons
temp assignment
Great people and good communication
Leader/inventory management/buyer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 19, 2017
Great place to work. They will find you a great job and will also follow up with you . I had a great placement coordinater whom communicated with me .
Pros
Shifts
Cons
Oay dates and having to drive to get your check
Pleasant Workplace
Trade Promotions Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 18, 2017
I was contracted out so I did not have everyday contact with Volt. The few interactions I had with them were pleasant. I would refer them to other people looking for contract work.
Cons
Benefits are not competitive
This was a 6 month contracted position
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CASeptember 18, 2017
Contracted position established KPIs, set up production board, acted as liaison with subcontractor to insure work performed correctly and timely with daily inspections at their location.
The client was great
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2017
I didn't have an issue with the company I work for though Volt. I have issues with Volt paying me when there suppose to. The person for contact doesn't always return call either.
Introduction to Recruiting
Recruiter/Sourcer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 17, 2017
This position was an Entry Level Position that allowed me to gain experience in the field of Recruiting. I learned how to Source as well as Recruit for different companies as well as check resumes.
Volt has your back
Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Volt will do everything they can to find you work. I would get e-mails and phone calls when something came up. They found me a job in Baytown, TX. Definitely would have stayed there long term.
Pros
3 days off
Cons
night shift
good environment
SOURCING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 14, 2017
great place to work if you want to learn a lot about the business world. management seems like they really care about their employees. hardest part about recruiting seems to be getting candidates to show up! It can be fun but also very stressful. Not sure if recruiting is for me personally.
Pros
Great boss, great location
Cons
temp to hire
productive and fun place to work
Consumer Affairs Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 14, 2017
fun place to work. stressful at times but enjoyable.
Sometimes long hours but good team players to work with.
Supervisor was very professional but strict.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Short breaks and long hours
bad job
Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2017
terrible people they fired me because i had a brain tumor and missed work because of complications of the surgery. it was the worst experiance of my life.
Pay every week
Volt Temp (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 13, 2017
The best part is the pay I prefer people with no kids or a lot of help with they're kids to work here that's it I worked there for a while it was really tiring for me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volt. Our community is ready to answer.