VOLT

VOLT Employer Reviews

Typical Staffing Company
QC Lab Technician (Contract) (Current Employee), Seabrook, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Typical Staffing Company.

offer direct depsoit, good pay, nice office, everyone is friendly and helpful..
Great pay
Journeyman Splicer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: contractual job
I've learned a lot from working for Volt Telecom. From training and being out on the field doing the actual work.
Job Placement
Instructional Deisgner (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Volt finding a job opportunity out of state was great, however, that opportunity was awful.
I am an educated person with a Master's degree. I had no idea I'd be placed in a very cramped office ( 9 of us each with dual monitors in a room no larger than 20' x 15' ) basically being a "hall monitor" in a virtual environment. The temperature in the room alone was enough to make me leave! I made less than 20% of what my industry "average" was and I was expected to do redundant powerpoint presentations about homerooms, attendance, and community builders all while using a template that was out of date and useless. I used nothing from my degree and I felt my brain ROT on a daily basis.
A recent meeting confirmed that I was in QUOTE "dead end job" (this was from a program lead from GDIT). The management in the placement, in my opinion, was immature and had no idea how an office should be run. Daily conversations of "Tinder" actions were discussed by higher ups. Everything was very secretive except for the fact that they kept up to date records of our personal data including resumes and user IDs and PASSWORDS, (that were required by upper management for us to comply with) which are in direct violation of several state & federal laws.
The manager for this program is a complete joke and I hope I never cross paths with the leads.
Was a good learning experience.
CAD Technician (Former Employee), Mossville, ILJanuary 7, 2015
Working through Volt at Caterpillar was a good learning experience and a great opportunity.
Productive workplace
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2015
Setup properly with the employees in mind to better provide quality customer service.
Fun Job with a lot to learn
Xbox Live Tier Three Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Issaquah, WAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great team!
Cons: temp work, no security
Solved technical problems for a major gaming platform, Great environment, awesome team attitude. This position was very far from home for me, so I accepted a closer job.
TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT SERVICE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orange, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: very nice people.
VOLT WAS A TEMP. COMPANY THAT WAS HIRING FOR HARTE HANKS. THE PEOPLE WERE VERY NICE AND HELPFUL IN PLACING YOU IN A POSITIN THAT MET YOUR NEEDS.
Great Temp Ageancy, Very Attentive to their workers.
Temporary Employee For Hire (Current Employee), Lakewood, CaJanuary 5, 2015
This Agency is always welcome to any contact from their employees and makes sure that they are being treated fair at the work assignments given to them.
Volt Review
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 4, 2015
There is no room to move up within the company, no incentives, benefits comes out to be more than you make. Ready to find something i can make a career.
fun workplace
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 3, 2015
My first job as a teen .. Fun place to work with nice people. My supervisor worked with my school schedule and I was still able to get hours.
Worked on one crontract with them, barely saw the reps or communicated with them.
Technical Contractor (Former Employee), Spokane, WADecember 31, 2014
Pros: usually plenty of contracts to choose from
Cons: very limited interaction beyond getting you a job
Most of the reps are friendly enough, except for one, but i barely saw them unless they had something significant to say. Appearances included handing out paychecks until direct deposit was sorted, informaing us that we couldnt transport certain client assets in personal vehicles, notifying us that the contract had been extended, and an official appearance when the contract ended.

They send out monthly emails asking if there are any concerns, no idea if/how quickly they would act on any major problems.

Processing of expense reports is apparently outsourced, and getting a reimbursement can take quite a while, at least a month and sometimes far longer.

That said, they do seem to be a major staffing firm in the area, so they can usually find you work. After that, i barely interacted with them.

As employers go, they could be better, but they could be a lot worse, too.
all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.
Pace / AT&T Customer service representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 30, 2014
Pros: consistent hours
Cons: bad policy, bad management, no advancement opportunities
If you're in a pinch and need a job by all means this is not a bad place to go, working here got me kicked out of school and missing VA appointments. The overall work attitude is not bad and culture and communnity at the office I was at was nice, but the management and the HR department don't seem to pay much mind to their employees needs and concerns.
Fun workplace with amazing coworkers
Recruiter (Former Employee), Roseville, CADecember 29, 2014
Full cycle recruiting
Learned time management
Excellent coworkers
Day at Volt
Tech Support Rep. (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: no assigned seats, clean desks
The day starts off logging in on time once logged in you are on the clock. I learned customer service, and a was able to get sales experience. Co-workers were respectable and friendly. The hardest part of the job was a irate member, but I learned patient's empathy and assertiveness to defuse the problem. The most enjoyable part of working there were team meeting I was given tips and ideas on how to help the member and methods to promote sales, and common equipment issues.
Call Center
Tier 1 Tech Support (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2014
was a ver laid back call center. training was very nice, and the job environment was satisfactory.Managers were OK. it was all Stats, and the way you spoke to the customer, Was a nice facility, only cons were sitting for so long.
Don't back up employees
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 18, 2014
Pros: work
Cons: management
Job is Ok ..Company is not employee friendly. They don't protect employee over customer disputes, despite employee's exemplary performance.
The work was challenging and an excellent learning environment.
Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Covina, CADecember 16, 2014
Volt was very helpful and found me the right job. They were professional in conduct and services. The Quality Manager at the work site was very patient and taught me well. I found the work to be very challenging, learned a lot of new skills and I very much enjoyed the job they found for me.

Will
Small staff, Lots of responsibility
Contract/Consultant Work Manager (Former Employee), Orange, CADecember 12, 2014
Pros: salary adequate, benefits excellent
Cons: excessive hours
Coming from a production past, this assignment posed many new and interesting requirements in my career.
"ok"
Production Worker/Assembler (Current Employee), visalia, caDecember 11, 2014
Pros: local
Cons: need better staffing at work sites
ok company to work for.. its nothing great!! a job that pays thats it. needs better communication with there employees. needs to pay there employees Holiday pay. Need to get treated like an employee, not a temp.needs more staffing workers on site
Tester
Tester (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 8, 2014
A typical day at work working for Volt consisted of getting a contract for a specific test case and then running the same test case until the contract was finished. The hardest part about the job was the monotony of the task since it usually wasn't particularly challenging. The best part about the job is that it had its days where you would get a contract for something really fun and it would make it almost not even feel like work. The co workers change rapidly since their turnover is based on show up per contract. Management was generally helpful and fun to work with. All in all I would say I didn't learn much other than about non disclosure agreements while working at volt but i had a good time doing it.

About VOLT

Volt Workforce Solutions is one of the world’s leading staffing and workforce management companies, connecting qualified, – Read more