Volt Employee Reviews

Found 1,806 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun working experience
Financial Analyst/ Intern (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYJuly 19, 2017
Coworkers were fun to be around. The team always communicated with each other. I enhanced my knowledge by working with financial statements. Experienced staff were helpful on explaining work to be done.
Great place
Technical Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2017
Volt is a wonderful company, we are always learning more and challenged everyday. My coworkers are always happy and positive to be here. We all look out for one another and help each other out.
For a Temp Agency, the pay was GREAT!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJuly 18, 2017
Because this employer was located in Tennessee, there was not any personal interaction, but the recruiters were very knowledgeable. They offered pay that was hard to turn down.
I had my own office
Daily customer service/ Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2017
I liked working here i was pertty much my own boss, the manager trusted my work exprience. I can say i didnt have a hardest part of my job. I pretty much keeped myself very busy.
Pros
My own office
Cons
Only when cusstomers didnt want to pay on time
Investment Banking
Selling Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2017
The past at this company it was not very diversified as far as employees. The recruitment for diversity was not an important factor to management and it directly affected staff.
Amazing Job Placement
Temporary Agent (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 18, 2017
A Great Company to work for.
Very professional and friendly staff that tries very hard to place you in positions that are currently available based on your previous job skills and qualifications.
Fun and interesting environment.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2017
The work environment was relaxed and enjoyable. Everyone was pleasant and eager to help and the atmosphere was relaxed, even when there were technical issues.
Temp employee
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 16, 2017
Great staff! They work hard to help temps find work. Will continue to go through Volt for as long as I need to find work. If you need to stress a concern about the company your working at, Volt will help and keep your complaint confidential.
Organized work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 15, 2017
The environment of work is organized and easy to learn, but it could be easier and smoother if they have a better management in the security check.
Some unfair treatment that it's possible to get fired if you forgot your phone in your pocket and walked in.
Employment Agency more for the client that the employee
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 13, 2017
Worked there for almost a year and they were never able to reach or try for an agreement with company, I was treated unfairly even after a good performance with company.
Pros
Cons
they do not work for you
Easy to work with
Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJuly 13, 2017
Volt is great because they seem to do all the work for you. This is not meant to sound like a great place of employment for lazy folk, or is meant more to show that Volt works hard, even with being a very large agency, to get you hired!
Great work place with great staff
Chargeback/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 12, 2017
Review, evaluate, and make decisions regarding ACH exception-handling within required deadlines and strict compliance. Responsible for research and resolution of customer charge backs. Make phone calls and respond to inquiries from customers, banks, government entities and internal departments regarding ACH transactions.
has potential
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2017
i was there at a weird transistional time so i dont really know what its like to work there. i had a great time at corporate training though, met a lot of cool people.
Pros
freedom, nice people in the office
Cons
no leadership at the time
Great working for this company, but only part-time (temp. services)
Office Support Person (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 11, 2017
Nice and friendly atmosphere at work. People were pleasant and inviting. Pay was so, so. The company did try to call me back to work there, but I was engaged with another project, at the time.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
temporary position
great work
Temp Hire in the palletizer department (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CAJuly 10, 2017
Productive and busy, good amount of hours, good amount of responsibilities.
Learn multiple skills
Management is Fair and looks to always improve production and safety
The hardest part is to get hired on
The most enjoyable thing is the people you can meet
Pros
get at least 5 days a week
Cons
Very difficult to get fully hired on
Complexed environment
Forklift Operator/Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2017
There are no issues with Volt itself. There are issues with the work environment of some of its accounts. Two areas that I worked in were seriously micro-managed by people who were either not in a supervisory role, or treated unfairly by some of the people managing its workplace.
Pros
There will be work
Cons
Deciphering who is encharge is a problem
Screwed up paycheck
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  DelawareJuly 10, 2017
Volt screwed up my paycheck, I worked 2 days on an assignment, and notified them right away of the problem, it took until I called the main office headquarters several times at that, and 5 months to get corrected. I would never work for VOLT again.
Pros
Are no pros
Cons
Unorganized
Productive and fund work place
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 9, 2017
A career at Volt Information Sciences, Inc provides great benefits and opportunity for career growth. Personal advancement is greatly encouraged at Volt Information Sciences, Inc.
Manager of Specialty Training Programs (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 8, 2017
Good place to work. Coworkers interactive. Many coworkers stayed in the company. Use to recruit workers from former employers.

Company formed in 1950 by 2 brothers,, the Shaw's, with $13 cash. Grew into a multi million dollar company and a leader in the staffing
industry.

I learned that Staffing is a very complex industry. recruiting the very best candidates bring on new excellent candidates.

The most enjoyable part of the job is bringing on excellent candidates with thier networks of excellent candidates.
Pros
Liked the work place environment
Cons
N/a
I love that I was free to have different hair color
Contract employee for Apple Tech Support (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 8, 2017
the training isn't great and when struggling I felt that there wasn't much encouragement to succeed. I love the environment and acceptance of other peers.
Pros
save money
Cons
by bringing lunch because going anywhere wasn't an option

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volt. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval