Volt Employee Reviews

Found 1,843 reviews matching the search
Long hours and little pay
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNAugust 2, 2017
I worked for Volt Solutions for a short period of time and the work was easy most of the time but the hours were very long 10-12 hours per day and the pay was below average for what was expected of you. This would be a great company for a college kid that needed flexible hours.
Pros
Paid Over time
Cons
Long hours/little pay
Typical Staffing Agency
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  North Mankato, MNAugust 2, 2017
Staffing agencies are a dime a dozen in Mankato, though Volt seems to work primarily with Taylor Corp agencies. That being said, you can expect just over minimum wage for working here, unless it leads to permanent employment.

The benefits package is standard enough, providing insurance and PTO if needed depending on hours worked.
Pros
Decent benefits package
Cons
Low to mid pay, and the sense that you're little more than a statistic
A Good Place to Work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 1, 2017
The environment is pretty relaxed for the most part. Filling is a breeze, and the organization process is very simple. Can get a bit boring at times, but overall nothing too strenuous.
Bad experience
Sr. Technical/Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 1, 2017
Company is not great to work for. There is lots of favoritism in the company and micro management. Manager was not a good fit for the position. Management is not very open to its employees.
This was a temp service
Senior Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2017
Working with this company was the worst temp agency I have ever experienced working for. However I was able to start off with and become a Vanderlande employee.
Volt Workforce Solutions
Apple Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 30, 2017
I found working for Volt Workforce Solutions very enriching in the fact it truly taught me how to have a responsible work ethic. I would assist customers with technical issues for their apple devices and was always required to maintain a friendly, professional attitude by a friendly management.
Pros
A friendly environment
Cons
Short Breaks
Good company to work for
Contract worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 29, 2017
Pays weekly.
if your missing a payment though it takes about 3 weeks to get it.
I only worked at activision but it was good, easy money. They always have a volt representative on site so its helpful when you need paper wok etc from hr and don't have time to drive to the other-side of town.
Great place to work as a Contractor
Sr Admin Asst, Sourcing -Rockwell Collins (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAJuly 28, 2017
Very good place to be represented through. Very helpful, paid on-time, met all my personal and professional expectations as my contracting representative.
Great company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2017
Shift meeting and then work begin for the day or night. I learn how to drive an sit down forklift and scan gun. The management was very support and caring. The atmosphere was good to work and grow in the company. The hardest part was getting use to working over night again and the most enjoyable was meting new people.
Pros
Set shifts
Cons
I guess working every weekends
The worst place to ever work for.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mag retail Louisville KyJuly 28, 2017
I will be suing volt for not paying me my paycheck in Louisville Ky . After being let go they are trying to not pay me my last two checks. I have a civil lawsuit planned
Pros
Cons
They try to hold your money
Temporary Contractor
Training Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 27, 2017
No manager - 3rd party vendor. It was a fill in company while being at the previous company. Was a contractor until a new position was ready for me. No real comments of good nor bad.
Very good place to work with.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 27, 2017
Volt sent me to a lot of jobs. All over Sacramento area. And west sac. The jobs they sent I drove forklifts. I had a good job advisor. She was the best at finding we jobs.
Pros
No free lunches.
Cons
No health I had my own.
Performed documentation for this corporation.
Year 2000 Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYJuly 26, 2017
This company had a normal workplace culture. A large system change was performed due to the switchover to the year 2000. I had minimal interaction with other employees. My job was to review reports and verify that they had been successfully altered to reflect date change to the year 2000.
Startup engineer
I&C Startup Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHJuly 25, 2017
I loved during the startup at Seabrook. I was assigned as the I&C Westinghouse 7300 system startup engineer which consisted of preparing calibration folders which included scaling calculations to support the scaling. The folder were then handed to the I&C technicians that would then go and calibrate the equipment to the scaling calculations in the loop folder.
Pros
Paid for all overtime
Cons
Great company that provides excellent work/life balance
Account Manager/ Lead Recruiter - GKN Aerospace (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2017
Great company to start your career. Everyone is very friendly and career driven. Unfortunately, the company has gone through a lot of management changes which caused a decrease in the employee morale
Pros
Cons
Motivation
Nice place to start work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 22, 2017
Well organized,good place to start and have learned a lot of things like making assembly and disassembly.I enabled to work with diverse group of people ..Through this work learned how to work under a supervisor and in a team .A group that work well together can achieve much more than individual working in their own with efficiency and accuracy.
Pros
Nice colleagues, good working hours
Cons
No stability
Great assistance in placing me into a great work place
Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2017
They helped me get into company that I really wanted to be with. No benefits really to speak of, but I understood that. They will try to get you a competitive salary.
Productive and organized.
Volt/VMC (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2017
Great job, steady hours, and nice employees. The workflow is easy to get into and focus on, not too simple, but not too challenging. I would highly recommend the position to my friends.
Productive and fun working experience
Financial Analyst/ Intern (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYJuly 19, 2017
Coworkers were fun to be around. The team always communicated with each other. I enhanced my knowledge by working with financial statements. Experienced staff were helpful on explaining work to be done.
Great place
Technical Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2017
Volt is a wonderful company, we are always learning more and challenged everyday. My coworkers are always happy and positive to be here. We all look out for one another and help each other out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volt. Our community is ready to answer.