Volt Employee Reviews

Found 1,545 reviews matching the search
Productive place
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers.
Very fun place to work and to learn.
From start to finish, this company has what I was looking for. The culture is unlike any other, the people here are great and push each other for success and actually like each other. This is not the place for someone who doesn't want to work hard. Office is awesome -
I recommend this company and am glad I can be a part of it
Great experince
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 20, 2016
At Volt, I first had experience with Excel Reporting, and I enjoyed so much, that I realized i was good at this, so I will make a career out of it.
Pros
professional
Cons
paid
Great fun place to work at
Tech Support / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2016
It was overall amazing and get to meet great new people often unfortunate they closed.
They was always help available to you & they always were sure that you fully understood everything .
Pros
Tons of overtime availble
Cons
They are shutting down Sept.30th
I love play pool and ping pong.
Electrical Contractor (Former Employee) –  Multiple locations in USSeptember 19, 2016
I love to work for Volt Workforce Solution, but, it was challenge to deal with each individual because their office locations are in many places.
Very good career oprotunities
Administrative Aid 2, SCE Edison (Former Employee) –  Chino, CASeptember 19, 2016
I absolutely loved using this temp agency, they got me work very quickly. They also didn't take much of my pay as there fee for using there hiring services. I would highly recomment volt staffing agency to any one.
Receptionist / Data Entry
Clerical/Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 17, 2016
Personable, reliable, prompt, courteous and flexible.

Welcome walk-in customers/clients; answer multi-line phones and direct accordingly. Order office supplies, make coffee and keep common areas clean. Ship and receiving product shipments, etc.
Pros
Helping people obtain needed information
Cons
None.
productive work place
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 16, 2016
Volt was a great place to work, i would assist people in troubleshooting tv, internet and phone services. I learned how to control calls to keep them within the time allotted per call and how to describe things easier for people to understand. My management and co-workers were all great they are all friendly and very positive which made it a more positive work place for me. The hardest part of this job was handling irate customers who would not cooperate or troubleshoot along with assisting the elderly with email issues. What i loved about VOLT was that the majority of the time the customers were friendly and amazing to work with over the phone.
Pros
positive work enviornment
Cons
no sense of job security, contract could be dropped from AT&T at any time
Variety of Careers with Big Companies
Event Staff, Tester, Administrative Professional (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 15, 2016
I filed documents and folders, put the folders into storage. Test cellphones and software. Company event staff. Edit documents on adobe. I did not learn very much. Most of the management were great to work with. Most of the coworkers were great to work with. The hardest part of the careers was that they were not long term and one of the managers made threats. The most enjoyable part of the careers was that I worked at big well known companies sometimes in office environments.
I would work for this company again
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 15, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working. I had the pleasure of working with some very sweet, caring and helpful people. Even though it was a temporary job, I really enjoyed my assignment. It gave me the chance to learn something new and different.
Pros
Huge lunch room with alot of space.
Cons
My job assignment ended to soon
Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2016
Manage students in a classroom setting, also when not teaching I helped my manager with other classes going on or other projects. The job wasn't hard.
productive
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2016
management was terrible, no management whatsoever, i learned to handle and prepare copper and aluminum wires for delivery. my co-workers were great, very friendly people
Terrible Company
Temp (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RISeptember 13, 2016
Tried to get a job through this company, they refused to pay for workmans comp benefits, and demanded that they come from the company you are working for and not from them. No company i have ever worked for while a temp has ever allowed that.
Being new to the consultant world, they were to hands off .
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vale, CASeptember 13, 2016
As a consultant there was no contact with volt managers after I was hired. No follow up no questions answered what so ever.
Pros
good money
Cons
no communication
It was ok
Apple Technical Support Adviser (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 13, 2016
I felt the people were nice, but it is a temp agency, so you you do not get much. I did feel they did a good job with the on boarding and they answered all my questions. What a I did not like, were all the over-the-top metrics we all had to follow.
Need to invest more time in their managment
Warehouse Work (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CASeptember 13, 2016
I signed a 3 month contract with volt stating that i would work at a warehouse for Apple. While i was there, i was discriminated, segregated, and even after talking with Volt management no corrections were made.
Pros
Great company, Love the workers in office
Cons
need to invest more time in checking on management
Met alot of new people
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Taking calls all day. have to meet unrealistic requirements daily. Short breaks and you have to sit down all day. I did enjoy helping people solve their problems.
Nice place to work.
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 4, 2016
Volt was a great place to work. I liked all the employees I worked with. It was nice working Monday through Friday. I am currently I'm retail and am not happy at all
Agency position
Senior Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 4, 2016
Flexible, family oriented position with great opportunities. Great pay but lacked benefits. Each day was satisfying with direct access to management for assistance when required.
terrible company comuication, so bad i never got paid
Game Tester (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 1, 2016
I worked as an on call game tester, the actual job its self, and the work connected to it are not bad. however dealing with the different offices and different office locations, in and out of state was the worst employment experience I have ever had and will ever have. The company missed multiple weeks of my hard work and repaid me by not answering my calls, misinforming me on multiple occasions and lastly accusing me of skipping shifts after I had already been telling several people in the company, close to 10 different people that I was not receiving payment thus not available or willing to work for free. Overall the work was fun but the company surrounding it may have been one of my worst experiences to date, if at all possible I would give them a zero star rating, overall a horrible employer.
Pros
actually test cases were "fun"
Cons
everything about the company, not the work, was negative and a horrible work related enviornment caused by such a poor lack of communication
Awesome co-workers, management is another story
Presentations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 1, 2016
I had high hopes thinking this job would help develop my career since it has been around for over 65 years and employees have been here for a long time. Ironically, this staffing company has been losing its employees since I started working here. It is a sinking ship and no matter how they try to fix it, it doesn't seem as if it will thrive any longer. Work environment is tense, dynamics is off, and people are worried losing their jobs.

My managers keep changing and the current one I have, has no idea what she's doing in her role, which makes things harder for myself and other co-workers in the department to learn and grown. Also, lots of favoritism towards certain employees that is apparent.

Benefits here are the worst thank goodness I'm on my spouse's plan.

The only enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers. They try to be positive and still work hard, but are aware what the end result might be.
Pros
Co-workers and awesome teamwork
Cons
Management, healthcare, vacation and sick days - benefits, revolving door occurs every quarter

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volt. Our community is ready to answer.