Volt Employee Reviews

temporary work staffing
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2017
I never really had any contact with the people at volt so I have nothing good or bad to say about this company I just came and picked up my checks when they were there
Staffing agency in Nashville,TN
Sourcing Specialist/Onsite Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 7, 2017
A typical day at work could seem stressful because there is no structure within the office. Everyone seems to come and go as they please. There is really no training at all. They expect you to just pick things up and hit the ground rolling without any assistance. Very cut-throat environment.
not fun and bad
Operator (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 6, 2017
Build catheters and follow procedures. physical count of good and scrap parts and I learned how to build different catheters. Management are not good at communicating and the work culture is kind of diverse. The hardest part about the job was trying to make numbers when my whole team is not there and I have to do multiple procedures. I really did enjoy learning new things about different catheters but i don't enjoy working for a company that takes advantage of me.
Pros
good lunch breaks
Cons
health benefits suck
Work here if you like being sworn at on your first day on the job
Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 4, 2017
Training was a joke, management was a joke. Team lead swears at you when you make just a little mistake. No option to advance. Poorly staffed and high customer volume
Pros
Free pop
Cons
Lots
Takes care of pursuing workers
Order Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2017
Volt has always placed me quickly in fields that fit my skill set. The staff is always friendly and works with you to find a position you are comfortable with.
I had fun working at CFS
Production (Former Employee) –  North Mankato, MNAugust 3, 2017
A fun and enjoyable work place( the jobs that Volt finds)The places that Volt finds for me are very enjoyable. I worked at Cards Fulfillment Services through Volt, I would put letters and gift cards in envelopes address to customers.
Pros
Having work every day
Cons
Short breaks, and on the twenty-third of December getting laid-off.
very streesful
Warehouse Supervisor, (Current Employee) –  pomona caAugust 3, 2017
Temp agency very stressful place to work for. I got fired by the owner for taking a nap on my break. I didn't go over but that what they can do when you work for a temp agency
No will follow up
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNAugust 3, 2017
Calendaring, office moves, mail, ordering office supplies, travel, PO's, helping with assets data base, planning group activities

Slower pace

Worked in the lab and enjoyed as more laid back atmosphere
Pros
Did get foot in door of 3M
Cons
No benefits
Long hours and little pay
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNAugust 2, 2017
I worked for Volt Solutions for a short period of time and the work was easy most of the time but the hours were very long 10-12 hours per day and the pay was below average for what was expected of you. This would be a great company for a college kid that needed flexible hours.
Pros
Paid Over time
Cons
Long hours/little pay
Typical Staffing Agency
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  North Mankato, MNAugust 2, 2017
Staffing agencies are a dime a dozen in Mankato, though Volt seems to work primarily with Taylor Corp agencies. That being said, you can expect just over minimum wage for working here, unless it leads to permanent employment.

The benefits package is standard enough, providing insurance and PTO if needed depending on hours worked.
Pros
Decent benefits package
Cons
Low to mid pay, and the sense that you're little more than a statistic
A Good Place to Work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 1, 2017
The environment is pretty relaxed for the most part. Filling is a breeze, and the organization process is very simple. Can get a bit boring at times, but overall nothing too strenuous.
Bad experience
Sr. Technical/Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 1, 2017
Company is not great to work for. There is lots of favoritism in the company and micro management. Manager was not a good fit for the position. Management is not very open to its employees.
This was a temp service
Senior Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2017
Working with this company was the worst temp agency I have ever experienced working for. However I was able to start off with and become a Vanderlande employee.
Volt Workforce Solutions
Apple Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 30, 2017
I found working for Volt Workforce Solutions very enriching in the fact it truly taught me how to have a responsible work ethic. I would assist customers with technical issues for their apple devices and was always required to maintain a friendly, professional attitude by a friendly management.
Pros
A friendly environment
Cons
Short Breaks
Good company to work for
Contract worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 29, 2017
Pays weekly.
if your missing a payment though it takes about 3 weeks to get it.
I only worked at activision but it was good, easy money. They always have a volt representative on site so its helpful when you need paper wok etc from hr and don't have time to drive to the other-side of town.
Great place to work as a Contractor
Sr Admin Asst, Sourcing -Rockwell Collins (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAJuly 28, 2017
Very good place to be represented through. Very helpful, paid on-time, met all my personal and professional expectations as my contracting representative.
Great company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2017
Shift meeting and then work begin for the day or night. I learn how to drive an sit down forklift and scan gun. The management was very support and caring. The atmosphere was good to work and grow in the company. The hardest part was getting use to working over night again and the most enjoyable was meting new people.
Pros
Set shifts
Cons
I guess working every weekends
The worst place to ever work for.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mag retail Louisville KyJuly 28, 2017
I will be suing volt for not paying me my paycheck in Louisville Ky . After being let go they are trying to not pay me my last two checks. I have a civil lawsuit planned
Pros
Cons
They try to hold your money
Temporary Contractor
Training Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 27, 2017
No manager - 3rd party vendor. It was a fill in company while being at the previous company. Was a contractor until a new position was ready for me. No real comments of good nor bad.
Very good place to work with.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 27, 2017
Volt sent me to a lot of jobs. All over Sacramento area. And west sac. The jobs they sent I drove forklifts. I had a good job advisor. She was the best at finding we jobs.
Pros
No free lunches.
Cons
No health I had my own.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volt. Our community is ready to answer.