Volunteer Behavioral Health Care System Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Nurse Practitioner
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 30, 2017
If you want a job that's just focused on doing whatever to keep a client happy then this is the job for you. Get your script pad ready for writing lots of C2 and C4 medications. Management is not supportive for appropriate substance abuse screening and treatment. There were times when I saw 30 patients per day and they still tried to put more on my schedule. My advice is stay far away from this place.
Pros
Cons
Adversarial work environment that's fear driven
Demanding and inefficient place to work for.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 12, 2017
The management for VBHCS doesn't take their roles seriously. It was the most unorganized place to work at, and all they were concerned about was numbers. Doesn't matter about the client or yourself as an employee, if you don't meet quota you find yourself being threatened consistently of being fired. It was a stressful environment with little to no help (except from a couple other case managers who understand the struggle and hardships of the job). I do not recommend Johnson Mental Health as a good place to work at.
best place out of college.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 24, 2017
I hate I had to leave this company. They were good to me and reasonable expectations. Staff and management were very helpful and I learned a lot. I only left because I move.
Training
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Gallatin TNMarch 14, 2017
There was no training provided at the Gallatin Location. There is no room for advancement. I worked there for five years never did get pay increase. Case load is horrible.
Pros
Pto
Cons
no raise
Volunteer was an excellent place to work.
Grant Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 23, 2017
I absolutely loved my job at Volunteer Behavioral Health. I worked there for 15 year and would have retired from there had my husband not taken a job in Florida and we were forced to move. I worked totally independently which I enjoyed. I got to work in accounting like I love. People were appreciative and respected one another for their time and their knowledge. I learned a lot there and was promoted several times. The CEO was okay, but my direct supervisors were wonderful. I was over the Alcohol and Drug state billing and I met deadlines for that every month. I hope to get another job like this eventually.
Pros
Great management, good benefits and enjoyable job.
Cons
Employees only received raises every 5 to 6 years.
Undergrad Intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 27, 2016
A good place for undergrad interns to learn if they want to be in the psych field. They are provided with some autonomy, but mostly follow a supervisor.
Starts with low pay, then decreases pay and adds more work (former employee)
Consumer related (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 1, 2016
I didn't go to college to deal with unorganized chaos for no pay so there is no respect for your hard earned college degree and you will never make enough money to pay off your student loans. I've never gotten a raise. Productivity here is hard when your clients decide not to come in and then you are blamed for not making productivity. They reward with a bonus and then take it away. Caseloads for everyone are too high. The people who make the most money never ask what you think and don't seem to care about you unless you are making money for the company. Since money is their main focus they should stop calling itself non-profit. STAY AWAY!
Pros
Can look for another job because of flexability
Cons
Low pay, no raises. No concern about employees. Can't get out fast enough
Assisting others to move forward in all areas, ex education, work, community and self
Supportive Employment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, TNNovember 23, 2015
I was hired in as assist manager for this adult program, it was rewarding to watch and see others change their lives for the better. This was a grant funded program, it didn't appear to be enough training, structure or attention from the Company to keep it going or to keep their employees.
Pros
The work, and location
Cons
job security
Good Benefits & flexibility in hrs
Records/Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 22, 2014
The company offers flexibility in hrs. as best it can. By that I mean, if your position will allow & you need to come in late & work late to get your time in they will work with you. Holidays, vacation & sick leave is generous. I also like the fact the vacation & sick leave is separate. If you have a problem relating to working conditions management is willing to listen.
Pros
Casual work environment, Pharmaceutical Reps free lunches
Cons
understaffed & not enough training for new employees
Horrible place
Psychiatry technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 6, 2014
I used to love working at VBHCS for their crisis stabilization unit... until they changed managers. She was good in the beginning but as time went on, everything just went downhill. Not just for me. It got to where it wasn't even about caring for the patients. If we were supposed to be doing a group or setting up for meals, it was more important to our unit manager to stop whatever I was doing, to admit this new person so we could get paid more. I also had a situation where I was threatened (also in a sexualmanner) by a patient and I tried to express my concern to the unit manager, she brushed me off. I called in the days that that patient was there and they told me that when I came back that I would receive a write up because my absence wasn't justified. I was so shocked.
Pros
Free food, great techs and nurses
Cons

Want to know more about Volunteer Behavioral Health Care System?

Ask a question
Good team work experience.
Assessment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 9, 2014
Work on the phones, triage calls for psychiatric crisis, receive calls from clients, client's family, hospitals, Doctors and Law Enforcement, to include jails.
Work well individually on each call, and work well as a Team, especially in a suicidal situation.
Great Supervisor, any concerns or problems are handled in a timely fashion.
This position has taught me how to deal with people in psychiatric crisis situations, conflict resolution skills.
Pros
Great Team members to work with, all have great personalities, and skills for the position.
Cons
Can be stressful if too many phone lines are ringing, without enough employees to handle calls.
Productivity Driven
Case Management Assessment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 4, 2013
Able to have control over daily work schedule.
Scheduling clients and meeting with them twice ad providing community resources as needed.
Completing assessment and assigning clients for services needed.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No company advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volunteer Behavioral Health Care System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5