Volunteer State Community College

Volunteer State Community College Employer Reviews

Always hetic but students were happy to be there
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Gallatin, TNAugust 30, 2014
Enjoyed teaching but I never knew where classes would be located.
A very exciting opportunity to work closely with and help othe rstudents
Peer Instructor and student (Former Employee), Livingston, TNJune 26, 2014
Pros: life experience
Cons: no pay
A typical day was always beneficial to me. I had the chance to make new friends and help students prepare for class homework and tests. I felt I made a difference with many of the students.
Amazing Experience
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee), VariousJune 4, 2014
I helped a group of students several times a week. I enjoyed being in front of a classroom helping them learn difficult concepts.
Great work enviroment
IT Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, TNJanuary 29, 2014
I truly enjoyed this job. The educational environment was exceptional. I also loved being able to help the staff and students with any IT needs they may have had.
My typical day involved checking all equipment to be sure they were functioning properly. Ordering any supplies that was needed. Making myself available to any student of staff member who – more... may need IT assistance. I also kept the equipment and all the labs cleaned and organized.
I learned my thirst for knowledge will never be quenched.
My co-workers we amazing, I still maintain relationships with them today.
The most difficult part of my job was that it was a part time position and that it was contract. Other than that I loved it. – less
Always nice to be in a professional/business type workplace.
IT Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, TNOctober 21, 2013
Pros: not very strict
Cons: some of the people
A typical day at work consisted of answering calls, transferring calls, making appointments, and helping with IT problems. I did however learn how to work the multi line phones, and how to transfer the calls. The management is ok, just depends on which campus you are at. The co-workers for the most are pretty good but its like most jobs, you always – more... have those few people who are never in a good mood. The hardest part of the job, was having to deal with the people always in the bad mood. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the students and potential students – less
Great way to help pay for school and learned clerical skills.
Office Worker (Former Employee), Gallatin, TNJuly 17, 2013
Pros: met and was in contact with a lot of different people.
Cons: had to quit due to transportation issues and needed more money.
I would work between classes and when they needed me. Answered the phone, graded papers for teachers, made copies and delievered mail.
Education is a world unto itself.
Director, Medical Laboratory Technician Program (Former Employee), Gallatin, TNNovember 15, 2012
Teaching what I love was a great opportunity that taught me a great deal about myself and the world around me.
A
Temporary Scanner (Former Employee), Gallatin, TNJuly 27, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, good relations with management and co-workers
Volunteer State Community College provided me with nearly 2 years experience as a temporary scanner, where records from previous years were being transferred into an image storage system. This enabled me to acquire another skill, and also allowed me to use my research ability while reviewing document files for discrepancies. I worked as part of a team – more... with other temporary staff members, and also closely with a permanent staff member who helped coordinate our efforts. Management was open to discuss any situations that needed further attention. I truly enjoyed the time spent working at the college, and look forward to future opportunities for employment with them – less
Wonderful place to work as stated below
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Gallatin, TNMay 31, 2012
Very comfortable and accommodating place to work. Adjunct faculty members have the flexibility to manage subject matter presentation and assignments on an individual basis. Adequate instruction is given by department heads to insure all legal mandates are met for accreditation purposes. Most students enrolled at the college are dedicated to completing – more... the course of study and many are first generation college students or returning to school after many years of raising children or working in jobs with little future advancement potential.

Can't say enough good things about the mission of the school and the wonderful way it serves its market. – less