Volunteer State Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to work
Call Center for Advising (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNNovember 1, 2015
This is a great call center for advising. It is a very busy place during registration. The day is filled with interaction with college students looking to advance their education. The salary could be a lot better for my financials.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Student of the Game while Learning
Student in Learning (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMay 14, 2016
To get somewhere, one must first learn deep the tool's needed for one's toolbox to complete mission's daily? This School was not a place of work, it was a place of learning in hopes of furthering my career endeavors. Classes pushed one, Knowledge gained useful, now, it is time to put it to test of strength and creativeness to tasks at hand wherever I might be employed?
Great
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNApril 18, 2016
No Issues. Great place to work. Administration is very helpful. This has always been good with work-life. All aspects of this job has always been good.
Good Position to Work for a Full- or Part-Time Student
Supplementary Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJuly 9, 2015
Very fun and relaxing work setting. The job allows the instructor to demonstrate relevant skills and knowledge within the subject and to also refresh their previous understanding. It is a really helpful job to help a full-time student with this institution also make some side-income. However, pay was based on if you had students attend, which was not always certain.
Pros
Flexible hours, use of relevant skills and knowledge, informal work setting, supportive management
Cons
Pay was partially based on attendance of others, not able to work full-time
Fine place to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNSeptember 7, 2015
Great place to work to develop communication skills as well as learn as much about Information Technology as possible. Great balance of learning and communication.
Very productive and exciting
Peer Instructor and student (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TNJune 21, 2015
I was a student here and it was the best experience I have had. I would recommend and still do, that students consider this facility.
Excellent opportunity to gain education experience and succeed
Supplemental Instructor; Language Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNDecember 17, 2014
Aiding students willing to seek out help outside of class
Effective communication with teachers/management
Constantly creating new ways to help students study
Education experience even as a student
Relaxed but professional environment
Apprecation for new education techniques and class activities
Pros
relaxed but professional environment
A
Temporary Scanner (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJuly 27, 2012
Volunteer State Community College provided me with nearly 2 years experience as a temporary scanner, where records from previous years were being transferred into an image storage system. This enabled me to acquire another skill, and also allowed me to use my research ability while reviewing document files for discrepancies. I worked as part of a team with other temporary staff members, and also closely with a permanent staff member who helped coordinate our efforts. Management was open to discuss any situations that needed further attention. I truly enjoyed the time spent working at the college, and look forward to future opportunities for employment with them
Pros
flexible hours, good relations with management and co-workers
Wonderful place to work as stated below
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMay 31, 2012
Very comfortable and accommodating place to work. Adjunct faculty members have the flexibility to manage subject matter presentation and assignments on an individual basis. Adequate instruction is given by department heads to insure all legal mandates are met for accreditation purposes. Most students enrolled at the college are dedicated to completing the course of study and many are first generation college students or returning to school after many years of raising children or working in jobs with little future advancement potential.

Can't say enough good things about the mission of the school and the wonderful way it serves its market.
Always nice to be in a professional/business type workplace.
IT Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNOctober 21, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of answering calls, transferring calls, making appointments, and helping with IT problems. I did however learn how to work the multi line phones, and how to transfer the calls. The management is ok, just depends on which campus you are at. The co-workers for the most are pretty good but its like most jobs, you always have those few people who are never in a good mood. The hardest part of the job, was having to deal with the people always in the bad mood. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the students and potential students
Pros
not very strict
Cons
some of the people
Great work enviroment
IT Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNJanuary 29, 2014
I truly enjoyed this job. The educational environment was exceptional. I also loved being able to help the staff and students with any IT needs they may have had.
My typical day involved checking all equipment to be sure they were functioning properly. Ordering any supplies that was needed. Making myself available to any student of staff member who may need IT assistance. I also kept the equipment and all the labs cleaned and organized.
I learned my thirst for knowledge will never be quenched.
My co-workers we amazing, I still maintain relationships with them today.
The most difficult part of my job was that it was a part time position and that it was contract. Other than that I loved it.
A very exciting opportunity to work closely with and help othe rstudents
Peer Instructor and student (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TNJune 26, 2014
A typical day was always beneficial to me. I had the chance to make new friends and help students prepare for class homework and tests. I felt I made a difference with many of the students.
Pros
life experience
Cons
no pay
Great way to help pay for school and learned clerical skills.
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJuly 17, 2013
I would work between classes and when they needed me. Answered the phone, graded papers for teachers, made copies and delievered mail.
Pros
met and was in contact with a lot of different people.
Cons
had to quit due to transportation issues and needed more money.
Always hetic but students were happy to be there
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNAugust 30, 2014
Enjoyed teaching but I never knew where classes would be located.
Amazing Experience
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  VariousJune 4, 2014
I helped a group of students several times a week. I enjoyed being in front of a classroom helping them learn difficult concepts.
Education is a world unto itself.
Director, Medical Laboratory Technician Program (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNNovember 15, 2012
Teaching what I love was a great opportunity that taught me a great deal about myself and the world around me.

4.4