Volunteers of America Greater New York Employee Reviews in United States

Helping the clients was the best part, but top management did not care about clients or staff
case manager/case manager supervisor (Former Employee) –  new york cityOctober 6, 2013
Top management only cares about getting more contracts, instead of paylng the staff so that they provide excellent services. No pay raises for staff for 10years. I don't recommend to my worst enemy.
Pros
you get to help people in need
Cons
terrible pay, horrible top level management, very high turn over rate and demoralized staff
To help others in need
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wards Island, NYMarch 21, 2013
Handling a case load of 25 homeless males obtain housing.
How to not prejudge a person.
I managed a case load of 25 males for housing and employment.
My coworkers and I got along well.
Managing a case load of 25 and attending unscheduled meetings.
When a client diagnosed with mental health issues camd to my office upon receiving housing looking and talking like he just graduated from Yale University.
Pros
communting had its chanllenges
Cons
to help others was worth it.
A great place for the community
Assistant Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 7, 2012
A typical day at work consist of billing and updating spreadsheets for the 3 schools I handled.

I learned how to bill for early intervention and creating monthly spreadsheets of the schools budgets and the percentage of services provided to the children with learning disabilities.

My co-workers were wonderful this company had a great teacher staff.

The hardest part of this job was getting correct information from contacts at the board of education.

Most enjoyable was working in a pre-school with different cultures the experience was wonderful.
Pros
pleasant working enviroment
Conscientious and self motivated. Meet all time and quality goals
medicaid service coordinator (Current Employee) –  1911 richmond avenue, staten island nySeptember 19, 2011
average company,Flexible regarding assignments, hours and the acquisition of new knowledge and skills.
Possess an excellent memory; skilled in working with others.

2.4