VOLUSIA COUNTY SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Great Environment to Help Students
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Volusia County, FLJanuary 16, 2018
If you desire to help children/students to succeed and feel like you are really contributing to making a better future for our community then Volusia County Schools is the place for you.
Productive and fun place to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLJanuary 3, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Volusia County Schools. I worked with amazing teachers and administration. The only reason I left was my choice of becoming a stay at home mother. I would recommend working for this school district.
If you like kids and serving them. This is a good job, Hard but good
Baker (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 2, 2017
I enjoyed my job. I loved to bake . I loved working with the kids The kids liked me and never gave me trouble. I loved to see how they grew into respectable human beings.
Speech Assistant
Speech Paraprofessional III (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 9, 2017
Worked with students needing speech assistance and Speech therapists as well. Prepared Speech materials for Speech students. Prepared Speech schedule for Speech therapist.
Pros
Worked with students
Cons
low salary
Fun work place
Office Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLOctober 4, 2017
I had a great time working there. I was able to meet a lot of wonderful people.If I had the opportunity to work there again I would. The school that I was at allowed be to help out in other areas.
Typical public school environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLSeptember 19, 2017
Love teaching and most colleagues; administrative pressures, evaluation process and expectations tedious, stressful and unproductive; inadequate resources.
Fun Place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLSeptember 13, 2017
I loved working for the school board. Very understanding company with great leadership and very caring about the children and the employees. I would recommended anyone to work for them
Pros
Free Lunch
job security
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 18, 2017
Learned a lot with the computer class given at no charge. Teacher's were great. registering new student, making schedule for high school student what classes they need for graduating. Dealing with parents, students, and teachers was typical.
Pros
paid sick leave, paid holidays, paid vacations time.
Cons
sometimes students were rude
Enjoyable and welcoming staff
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Volusia County, FLAugust 15, 2017
At VCS every school is encouraging, easy to work with and makes you feel great when working with them. Every school i have attended have been nothing short of welcoming and excited to have me for the day. I thoroughly enjoy working for VCS.
School System that cares for the Student
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLAugust 9, 2017
The Volusia County School System really cares about their students. Being a part of this school system gives you a feeling that you are really giving back to the community and contributing to the future of our country with the wonderful students that you work with and for.
Ever changing dynmics
Office Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Deltona, FLJuly 25, 2017
Busy office, clinic and campus. High parent participation. Many special events and activities held by the school. Year round events providing education and fund raising.
Pros
Focus in on making the students better through bettering the learning environment.
Cons
Often the hands of those who want to provide growth are tied.
I loved the job !!
School way cafe assistant (Former Employee) –  Holly Hill, FLJuly 22, 2017
I loved working at the school and working with the children .It was very fulfilling job . I liked cooking and serving my day would just fly by. You stayed busy at all times, there was no time for play you had to work a very fast pace. The managment was awful , it was getting worst by the year. It made working conditions almost unbearable. The manager of the kitchen has since been demoted to a assistant due to very poor management skills .
Pros
great benefits, Loved the work
Cons
manager, and county ways ..
school setting
School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLJuly 3, 2017
This was a school setting that was extremely big compared to the eastern schools up north. Many people leave at the end the school year due to the shear size of the school system
Pros
free liunches
Cons
incrained work culture
Exciting
Geometry Teacher (Former Employee) –  New Smyrna Beach, FLJune 29, 2017
A typical day in the life of a geometry teacher was very simple. I would get to school early so that i may set up my classroom for the start of each new lesson. I was provided with a great support group filled with years of knowledge on teaching.
Vcs
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 19, 2017
Perfect for at home moms. Teachers are awesome to work with. Set your own schedule. Has a retirement plan. Not perfect for those who need childchare though.
good place place to work
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLJune 19, 2017
Weird hours part time below average pay great benefits good people to work with lots of time off maybe to much. Summers and all holidays off. Must like children
Pros
great benifits
Cons
low pay
A cool job if you like being busy.
Extended Day Enrichment Program Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Holly Hill, FLJune 6, 2017
After a long day in the classroom the bell rings and your off to your second job. Meeting up with students that are excited to share there day with you whether it is homework,lunch time stories or just recess. This job requires you to be flexible and to think and plan on your feet. Homework help is a mandatory aspect of the after school program. Once students are done with homework the fun begins. Arts and crafts, sports, movie time, free play and of course the educational extension of Kidz Literature program a reading comprehension an vocabulary.
Pros
Great job
Cons
The pay is not the best and need more highly qualified caretakers
I loved my job
SOA (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLJune 6, 2017
I absolutely love working for Volusia County Schools. The position that I had allowed me the flexibility I need to take care of my ill child. The best assignment I had was working with the ESOL students.
loved teaching
Educator (Former Employee) –  Sugar Mill ElementaryJune 6, 2017
willing seek job outside of education. During college years , worked in food services, selling retail, and tutoring. Previous experience during Race Weeks at Daytona International Speedway, selling various items, ice cream, sunglasses, various vendors. Also worked as field supervision for parking.
Excellent
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 24, 2017
excellent Organization and they have a strong management which allow all employees to work with a perfect manner and atmosphere . Looking forward to see similar organization