Volvo Employee Reviews

Great Pay and Benefits
Parts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 7, 2017
Very competitive pay and benefits
Can be stressful
have to be self motivated
You can have longevity if you are willing to stay in the same department that you were originally hired for
Great Internship Experience
FINANCIAL ANALYST INTERNSHIP (Current Employee) –  Dublin, VANovember 2, 2017
Worked with a great group of people that were extremely helpful with any questions I had. Learned about manufacturing and Volvo as a company which I would recommend to anyone.
great place to work, but the management is poor.
Heavy duty diesel technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2017
it's a great place to work with some great people, but the service advisors are far from efficient, constantly getting pulled off jobs and they alter our time so we cannot get an efficiency bonus. It makes the shops efficiency look great. We are required to maintain an 85% rate but it is virtually unattainable due to the moving of our time.
Pros
great people
Cons
poor management
Stressful job
Logistics supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MD 21742October 28, 2017
Very difficult to reach the results and accomplish daily tasks. Entirely to many meetings throughout the day. Time management is difficult with the daily tasks given.
Volvo
Shipping/Export Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Byhalia, MSOctober 23, 2017
Is a good place to work. Could be better. New warehouse and company so there are many issues but that is expected with anything new. Management needs a lot of training
Pros
location
Cons
Security
Lots of opportunity, very political...
Truck Sales & Marketing EMEA (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 20, 2017
I loved working for the international division of the Volvo Group. I traveled all over Europe, Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East. I met amazing people and had challenges I never thought I would face. And we were very successful.

The US organization is less dynamic and quite 'old school' in its mentality. Not nearly as engaging or entrepreneurial. Slow to make decisions, and then the decisions made are not in tune with what the business is requiring. Amazing people, amazing brands, poor leadership.
great job as far as benefits and compensation
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDOctober 20, 2017
This job would be an overall great place to work. The benefits are excellent by far the best that I have ever received from an employer. The compensation is also very stupendous with seemingly an unlimited amount of overtime making the cake that much sweeter at the end of the week. Not to mention the pay frequency is weekly not bi-weekly like most companies. On the other hand the management is poor. There is a lot of micro-managing which in my opinion slows productivity. I mean the environment is filled with fully capable individuals to get the tasks at hand completed. I do realize that there are a select few individuals who aren't but I'm sure there are other ways to address that issue besides micromanagement.
Working Environment is perfect for intern
Engineering Internship (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 19, 2017
Everyone is very helpful and full of talented people to learn from and fun to do projects with. I felt like I was being treated fairly by everyone at work
Depending on the department a great place to work
BACKORDER RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 14, 2017
Good to work at but if you do not have a college degree you will never move up in the company even though they say you can. Too many people upgraded with degrees but other people who were more qualified passed over due to no degree
i loved it
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Byhalia, MSOctober 11, 2017
Volvo was laid back in learned so much in so little time its a great company to work for. Work was busy easy an very the hardest part of this job was going home
Not the best management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAOctober 8, 2017
They offered to pay me a certain amount and then they go back on there word saying it was a mistake. If it was a mistake then why did it take so long to correct.
Pros
Good comany picnicts, free food, good benifets
Cons
management, employees
Secretary
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 5, 2017
I guess it's a cool place if you really like working around the whole car dealership world. There seemed to be a lot of turnaround at the location I was working out of.
diesel technician volvo trucking and sevice
Diesel Mechanic ( Externship) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 4, 2017
I was only doing extern at Volvo trucking and services and the days were busy. Learning new things everyday was a great feeling. Management was fair very respectful to all. There was nothing hard about the day but most enjoyable part of the day was seeing you could do the work just as well as other technicians
Amazing co Workers
Cost Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAOctober 3, 2017
Everyone is super nice, friendly, and willing to help. You will work with SAP a lot, as well as learn time management skills to get reports done in a timely fashion.
Busy
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXOctober 2, 2017
Honest and fare company. Equipment is top notch. You will receive all the support you need. If opening was available in my area I would definitely apply.
Fleet Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 28, 2017
The work environment was very competitive and provided a valuable learning experience into the life of professional truck drivers on the road. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn about how diesel engines work.
Volvo going fully electric in 2 years, better have your Hybrid tools handy!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 26, 2017
The dealership I used to work for did very little to help the service department when I was there. Didn't see the new GM until I put in notice. Four months and I didn't know his name. Lots of promises to fix things, they never happened. Got out at the right time. Volvo going full electric vehicle by 2019. Probably going to be the end of Volvo in the US.
Excellent company.
Technical Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 21, 2017
The company was an excellent place to work. My managers were fantastic, my coworkers were outstanding. The company took good care of me on the road, meal compensation, hotels, rental cars, airline tickets, etc. I really enjoyed working there, the only downfall was the travel, I was on the road a lot.
Pros
Company, management, coworkers
Cons
Lots of travel.
A typical work day
Cycle Counter (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 14, 2017
Volvo Powertrain has been an incredible experience for myself thus far. In a typical day at work I will always learn something new pertaining to my job, and I am challenged as a Co-Op as well.
great opportunity
Senior Recruiter, Volvo Staffing for Tomorrow (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Great opportunity that unfortunately was cut short due to the economy. Enjoyed working with dealers and everyone within Volvo. Flexible and great work life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volvo. Our community is ready to answer.