Volvo

Volvo Employer Reviews

Great place to make a career
Procurement Analyst - Materials Planner (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: everything, would recommend to anyone
Cons: none at all
Best job EVER. Excellent training, benefits, working conditions, management, and career path.

state of the art equipment. Co workers were helpful and the best. All became friends. It is like home away from home.
Productive fast paced environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Pharr TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: bbqs
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work, days were exciting with different situations everyday. This workplace is family orientated and helpful to fulfill customer needs.
Retail Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Great place to work, amazing managers, opportunities for advancement
Great equipment manufacturer
Region Operations Manager, Sales Manager (Former Employee), Asheville, NCJanuary 8, 2015
Fantastic management
Co workers were always willing to help
Sorry to see it end
Eastern Regional Credit Department (Current Employee), Iselin NJJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: close to my home, excellent benefits & a nice group of people to work with
Cons: no advancement opportunity
an average work day consists of running reports & following up with customers credit limits, receivables & maintaining a constant workflow. I get along very well with my co-workers, I felt the company did a fair job of analyzing candidates & deciding who the team players were. The most enjoyable part of the job was the growth in portfolio in terms of new accounts & growing business. The hardest part of the job will be leaving, the company has decided to relocate. I learned how to deal with people from all over since my position was at the regional level.
The benefits were great but not great management relations.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Asheville, NCJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: great facility and benefits including half of our gym memberships.
Cons: economic downturn moved office to pennsylvania.
I learned great SAP skills and meet some great people!! The people were the best.
The benefits were great. The corporation's attitude was toward the good health of their employees and community.
The size and mentality of the corporation was great for possible advancement.
The business was reduced during an economical downturn and about a third of us were laid off. The office was moved to Pennsylvania.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Radford, VADecember 22, 2014
Great place to work.A summary of my skills include proficiency with hand and power tools, forklift, and straight truck driver. I am a team player with the ability to lead and work with many types of people at different skill levels. I am also familiar with computers, cash registers, ordering, shipping and receiving.
Construction equipment rental
Flatbed Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Seabrook, TXNovember 25, 2014
Management team out of the Seabrook location is some of the best you will find in the rental business. Equipment is well maintained and the shop foreman is one of the best I have encountered.
Auto Sales
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee), San Jose CANovember 23, 2014
As an Internet Sales Manager, I was responsible for closing deals, prospecting, and overcoming objections.
Created new relationships with new and potential customers, setting up at least 10 new appointments weekly.
Received “Sales Professional of the Month Award” for 6 consecutive months at Stevens Creek Kia.
Consistently maintains top Customer Satisfaction Index and scores of 100%.
Very nice place to work.
Design Engineer (contract) (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 19, 2014
Good People, Good Work.
Would be hard to find a better company to work with.
If you like to accept challenges at work then this is your place
Product Design and Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Shippensburg, PANovember 18, 2014
Most of decisions are made fro Head quarters and managers here are only communicators. But if you like to accept challenges at work and will make things work then this is your place.
Benefits are average.
not a good place for agency workers
temp worker (Former Employee), Shippensburg, PANovember 12, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: fulltime employees target temp agency workers
If you are hired as an Intern they will treat you very well as if you are their own child.
If you are hired fulltime volvo employee you will work hard but be one of them.
If you are hired as a temporary agency worker
expect to be constantly setup by your co-workers in your own group
and other groups with questions to gather as much information about your personal life
and previous jobs you have worked . It will seem like polite conversations at first to
having several people and managers standing around you later to put you on the spot
so you feel pressure. They may tell you they do this to test you and even ellude
to a long term position at volvo. This information will be used later in less than a year to
get rid of you. If temps stay too long the fulltime employees get nervous. Volvo employees will be sent over to insult you to see if u try to start a fight. They will try to intimidate and humiliate you, remind you can quit. Dont take a job as a temp agency worker here.
Good Place to Work
Employee (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2014
Overall a good place to work, can be stressful and commutations is not always the best. Benefits are good and the interpersonal interactions are positive.
good
buyer, (Former Employee), swedenOctober 28, 2014
love enjoy working. i dn;t know when it started and how fast it ended,
Not good company to work for
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TXOctober 26, 2014
I did not find this company to respect their employees. They were mistrusting and hateful.
the best place to work
Inbound lead (Former Employee), York, PAOctober 23, 2014
i loved this job and never wold have left but it was a 1 year temp job
Being part of the solution
Alternative Fuel Product Platform Director (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 22, 2014
My main goal is to make things happening in the field of Alternative Fuels for Volvo.

Working globally with people, both internally and externally around the globe is the most exciting part of my job. This requires high level of flexibility (start early when you are based in the US) but is extremely rewarding when you're able to drive synergies among people that never met or worked together before

Most recently I have been heavily involved in one of the most promising Alternative Fuel, named DME. Volvo has been on the forefront of this technology for years and we are now ready to bring to the market.
Fun fast paced job.
Shipping and Receiving mgr./Parts Counterman (Former Employee), Edison, NJOctober 13, 2014
Great company with good benefits. Overall nice environment.
not a good work place
purchasing (Current Employee), Shippensburg, PAOctober 11, 2014
I will not suggest people working there
but if you just want to get paid and don't care about what you do. that's different story.
People work there like to talk. if you are a talker, you will be liked.
A great company with a great product.
Sales Desk Coordinator (Former Employee), West Nyack, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours and a heavy work flow.
A company that helps you learn and grow. I enjoyed meeting wonderful people. Overall I had a good experience at this company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Volvo

Drivers looking for the iconic boxy station wagon beware; these Volvos don't haul families. Volvo Construction Equipment North – Read more