Vonachen Services Inc. Employee Reviews

Laughable company
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Mosinee, WIOctober 14, 2016
This company is worse then the one it bought out. Management is a joke and only care about themselves and the company's bottom line. Short staffed, long hours, and little pay are only a few of the perks you will enjoy. The management is so worthless it will only be a matter of time before they run this company into the ground. Look elsewhere!!
horrible company
Laborer (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 23, 2016
This is a company that could care less about there employees wont give you a raise there management is so poorly ran its unreal.They could care less about the hard workers that they have and cater to the ones that are known for not doing there jobs and ignore multiple reports of people sleeping on the job just so they don't have to deal with it I wouldn't recommend anyone to waste there time on applying its honestly a joke.
Good Job
Janitoral (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 11, 2016
I love VSI Ive been at Vsi for a year now and yes i went from 8.50 and hr to 9.50 and i love my supervisor and the lead in my building. The easiest job everr
Not that bad of a company
lead (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 21, 2015
I've worked for vsi for two years it's true the pay isn't good for the type of work they expect but if you apply and get hired knowingly there's no need to complain, this is to some people a stepping stone until you find better unless retired and just wanting to get out the house.As for management at almost any job there is terrible or unorganized management. Do what your trained to do and maybe a you could get a raise or advance to a better position like I did.
Cons
Pay, and uneducated management
Fast paced day to day operations manager
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 5, 2015
A typical day involved fielding and disseminating work orders to a 3 shift crew, providing cost analysis for special projects requested by the customer, providing industrial safety training for all crew members, providing forklift and aerial boom lift training for all crew members, providing monthly budget analysis for the customer, purchasing equipment and materials for projects requested by the customer and for day to day operations, providing progressive counseling reports for employees on an annual basis as well as for corrective actions, established a safety program that resulted in over 400 days injury free
Pros
Overtime, annual bonus, health and dental benefits
Cons
Health and dental benefit costs
Terrible
janitorial (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IlJune 29, 2015
Save yourself time and apply elsewhere. The management doesn't communicate well, the pay is to low for the work, and the building I worked in was always understaffed. I would never recommend working here and I have no clue how they stay in business.
Pros
nothing
Cons
little hours, low pay, poor management
busy work place
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 19, 2015
I learned how to clean quickly yet efficiently. This job was really simple and there wasn't really a hard part about it. The most enjoyable part of it was that I was able to listen to music while I was working.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
terrible pay and boring
janitorial (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 2, 2015
Very low pay. Never paid for the extra work and time you give them. No paid sick days, holidays, vacations etc. The management is terrible they have no clue how to be a boss. Very boring. They cant keep employees after they start once they see what its really like, its a no where job.
Pros
Cons
everything
McDonalds has better management.
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 9, 2015
Horrible company to work for.
If you're working at the couple hours a week places it isn't so bad, but their big accounts are atrocious.
The management is horrible and slack, they will curse and yell at you if you have questions about things being run bad.
For example, 96,800 dollar a year building, they have 3 custodians to run this building. That's it. The building alone is worth $25 mil. If that says anything.
They refuse to get help in here when needed, or to even come in themselves, and force you into working over and killing yourself.
They will revoke your days off or vacation at will because they can, and there are no paid sick days or vacations.
Oh, and they are prone to change your schedule at will because it suits them.
And they break the rules as they see fit, between giving raises(not allowed according to handbook, used as bribery to keep employees) threatening termination if an employee takes vacation, and much more. But I've said too much already.
Basically, only take this if you're desperate, and if you have a family, make sure they can bear with you on it. You will also even on days off be called and texted constantly, when they allow days off.
Pros
A paycheck.
Cons
Everything.
Horrible Company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IllinoisFebruary 10, 2015
Management is so poorly handled it's ridiculous. The supervisor(s) complain about being behind in work, but fail to help out. Expected to do other peoples work if they dont want to pick up there slack. 8.25 for what you have to do is way underpaid, and along with putting up with horrible management, you might as well say no to applying here. Keep looking and you will find something way better because anything is better than here.
Pros
Easy Boring Job
Cons
Just about everything you can think of
Worst place in Pontiac, il. To work.
Office (Former Employee) –  Pontiac,ilAugust 4, 2014
Never raises, never treated right, don,t care about anyone. They have no respect for there workers. This is a very poor company to work for. Do yourself a favor and don,t apply here!
Lousy
former housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSOctober 28, 2013
lousy place to work, lousy pay.. it stated in its job that it would pay $8.25, instead it started out at $7.25 and you we were expected to clean your area and anybody else's area that they didn't have coverage for.... DO NOT APPLY
Horrible-Trashy workers-only the worst of the worst here!
n/a (Former Employee) –  Peoria,ILFebruary 14, 2013
In the 20 years I have worked around this horrible cleaning contractor I have never met any good ones. They curse, smoke all over yr property, hate their jobs, are rude, mean, lazy and usually hide, goof off and use cell phones rather than work. The turn over rate is almost 100% and the Supervisors are just as bad or worse.
Cons
ummm do not use these cleaners
busy
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, ILJanuary 19, 2013
VSI will keep you very busy with their work. They work long hours, sometimes six or seven days a week. They tell people sometimes that you can only take a day off every thirteen days. Some of their jobs are very difficult some are not so difficult.
Pros
breaks are paid.
Very nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 17, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my day was getting all of my work done before the end of my shift allowing me time to help out other employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vonachen Services Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2