Vonage

Vonage Employer Reviews

good working environment
Retail sales associate (Former Employee), el paso texasMarch 23, 2015
excellent work environment, opportunities to learn new techniques of sale, but in my opinion deveria have an early opportunity to be employed full time
Pretty Good
RBD SALES MAKERS (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: mean customers
It was a pretty good job,not the best one ever but I liked working there because the pay was pretty good and the commission..oh man whooo boy !!
Working hard to grow into new markets
IT Realization Manager (Current Employee), Holmdel, NJFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free lunch ($100/month). free gym. extra 2 week vacation at 5-years.
Cons: struggling to overcome vestiges of traditional management mentality.
Vonage initiated its transformation to agile methodology in 2014. To date, approximately 70% of the development teams have adopted scrum practices. The outlook is cautiously optimistic.
Retail Business Development, Horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: everything
Manager NEVER came in. often times i was the only employee to show up for work. The recruiter lied about how much money I'd get for training.
it is ok
Vonage Sales Rep (Current Employee), San Fernando Valley, CAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: plus commission
Cons: terrible commission rates
it is a good company to work for if you like the color orange and if you want to get paid. it would be a good first job but i would not make it a career.
Very fast paced and good company
NOC Operations Engineer / Shift Manager (Current Employee), Holmdel, NJFebruary 2, 2015
Very fast paced and good company to work for. You get to learn a lot on various platforms. The level of access given to you as a NOC employee is really grand. The number of software apps, hardware devices, and access to the data center you have awesome.
long hours of standing flexible schedule
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Miramar, FLJanuary 31, 2015
standing around for 8 hours trying to convince people to buy a home phone becomes really tiring and frustrating. after about 3 and a half hours my back would start to hurt. i get so many rejections and my boss is so tough on me especially on my first week. this is not a reliable job at all only take this job if you are looking for experience or if you really love being a sales representative
Good environment
Customer Assistance Account Manager (Former Employee), Edison, NJJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Helping customer set up phone service helping with porting numbers over, answering billing question. People were friendly will to help if had a problem
Pretty cool job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Vonage is a home phone service since 2001. Vonage locations do not own its own store, so its locations are in Sears, Walmarts, and K-marts. My location was a Sears , in UTC mall , my duties were to open and close, hit the daily sales goal which was 4 boxes a week. While working for this company we had to approach customers so every work day I was able improved my selling skills and social skills as well.
Used to be a great place to work
Call Center Manager (Current Employee), holmdelJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: nice facility
Cons: no innovation anymore. automotonic work place. its a shame because it used to be great
I started with Vonage at the beginning when it was located in Edison, moved to the new new facility in Holmdel. They replaced the whole senior management team within a year of the move in anticipation of going public. The brought in managers that obviously failed at other telecommunication companies (cable and phone giants) and started running the place like the same old telecomm giant.. Jobs were outsourced to India and our clients complained, The beauty of building a company from a couple thousand clients to over two million was that we were a new industry , edgy, and different. Our management and employees cared about what they were doing and our customers. Once we decided to go public we became like everyone else... I've been there ten years and there's very little innovation and caring left and most of my colleagues feel the same. I dont care if my bosses see this. I am already out the door
Vonage...
Account Manager (Former Employee), Holmdel, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Vonage is a company that needs to be redirected. The only way for advancement is to be an butt kisser. The people that come to work and do their job often get looked over. Management is a mess.
Good employer
Business Analyst (Current Employee), New JerseyJanuary 11, 2015
Being along term employee I've had an opportunity to learn and grow with the organization however; just as it is with other rapidly growing companies, once the growth peaks so do opportunities and forward advancement. Pay is decent but the disparities are quite huge, advancement opportunities do exist but are hard to realize due to various factors.
productive but not fun.
Salesperson (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2014
Pros: light work load for 10.00
Cons: the atmosphere was very high school-ish
A typical day at work consist of setting up my work station, meeting with my co-worker on expected sales for the day, sale phones, activate them and clean up my work space and close.
n/a
na (Former Employee), Holmdel, NJDecember 4, 2014
the best thing about working here is the $100 a month towards the cafe...
Technical Support (Current Employee), Holmdel, NJNovember 17, 2014
Assist customers who use VOIP phone service.
Co-workers are great to work with
Decent Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Queens, NYNovember 14, 2014
Offering customers with Vonage home phone services. Duties include helping
customers identify their need and match them with the available Vonage products and
services. Effectively present the products and services that is being offered. Conduct
presentations and educate the potential customers about the products. Meet and exceed
company sales objectives.
Enjoyed working for Vonage
Retention Agent (Former Employee), Holmdel, NJNovember 7, 2014
Pros: benefits, location.
Cons: set breaks -
Facility top of the line - quotas must be made or termination to follow.
Good training for a real job
Retail Business Development (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 25, 2014
It is a good entry level management experience... they would hire anyone who has a car. Their lack of resources is so big that managers get trained very well for other companies because they realize that they do too much for the company that they are working for
Ambitious company, many areas of interest
Advanced Operations Engineer II (Current Employee), Holmdel, NJOctober 8, 2014
Technology company covering a wide variety of telecommunications-focused products.
productive, safe, friendly environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: type of environment, service, professionalism
overall this was a great place to work at. The people there are really friendly and reliable. You can pretty much count on everyone for assistant. It's a teamwork type of job. Everyone helps out everyone. No one is ever alone in this.

1 2 3 4 5