Vonage Employee Reviews

good place to start
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJDecember 10, 2017
company set standards to high to obtain.. unreasonable work load at times. absolutely no room for advancement. not enough staff working in call center
Slow
Meeting daily sales goals (Former Employee) –  virginiaDecember 7, 2017
vonage was mostly for people that called over seas Didn't enjoy much as i did t mobile The people working there was always late . management where good people.
Pros
It was in the mall
Cons
no one likes house phones anymore
The Worst
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJNovember 28, 2017
If you are thinking about applying...don't do it!!! Cut throat co-workers, and customers who are very abusive. Management does not look out for employees.
Great place to work great people
Chargeback Analyst - Revenue Assurance (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJNovember 28, 2017
Great place to work great people. Always cared about the employees. Never negative vibes. It was like family rather than just co workers. Plus they had star bucks in the office and gym and café everything you could need and want at a job.
The Atlanta location for Vonage Business has a lack of business management. The leaders there are more likely to create drama then to diminish it.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 24, 2017
This company is built on lies and scams. Every month there is a break or outage in the system of Vonage and many people lose business which means they also lose money. The Vonage culture weighs more heavily on bringing people in rather than keeping the ones there.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
High turn over rate regarding employment.
Good Company
REGIONAL CHANNEL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 22, 2017
Strong Leadership, and a clear vision of what they would like to accomplish.

I was a remote worker, and as a result, it was difficult to become immersed in the company culture. The CEO is a former Google executive and they are attempting to emulate that a bit.
nice place to work
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJNovember 16, 2017
Nice place to work lots of fun people and plenty of opportunities to grow into a management position. I enjoyed working here I was a contractor for about a year.
Meal benefits
Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJNovember 1, 2017
Vonage gave you meal benefits that renewed monthly. They also gave you free snacks and coffee with sodas too. They have a lot of incentives for workers and many celebrations for holidays and to motivate workers to do well. The only thing is that they change all the time and it was hard to keep up.
Pros
Meals and snacks with drinks for free.
Cons
A lot of changes, important things are kept from workers until the end, then they find out. Mass layoffs, some promises not kept.
Decent place to work.
Voice Provisioner II (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 31, 2017
Good company culture towards employees but little documentation to help with the actual job. Nice environment for day to day operations. Very focused on meeting "the numbers" over customer experience.
Fun Workplace
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2017
Vonage is a fun work environment, however if you looking to make the big bucks in IT this is not the way to go. Low compensation for the industry but lots of perks.
Pros
Free Snacks and Food
Cons
Low pay
Fun place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJOctober 20, 2017
I worked at the company for 14 years; I had an extremely positive experience overall. The best part of working at Vonage was the people that I worked with.
Early on the opportunities and compensation were great but so was the work load as it was a rapidly expanding company, later on, as the industry caught on, things got a bit stagnant and with the addition of the usual Telco management red tape increased while favoritism and politics started to increase. Promotions were fewer and had longer gaps while compensation continued to fall behind market rates.
Still the company had excellent benefits and work life balance was well maintained making it a good place to work.
Great Opportunity to learn
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJOctober 17, 2017
The customer service department was somewhat overmanaged. Too much micro-management. They could have let qualified employees manage their own work by adding classes for leadership roles.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement
Vonage
Quality Engineer II and system administrator (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJOctober 16, 2017
Not much to say about the company. Made some friends while there. Had good summer picnic and the holidays parties were always very nice, I do not believe I would have stayed if I had the chance Job was a great learning experience though.
I am only a contractor
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJOctober 10, 2017
I am only a contractor but for all the work I do I should be an employee. I don't get paid enough for all the work I do. Nor do I get paid holidays.Some of the people are really nice and it would be sad to leave. But I feel they through too much work on me and wonder why it doesn't all get done.
Pros
great people
Cons
under paid
Vonage Review
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJOctober 7, 2017
Very good company to work at with great job culture, up to date leading technology and good work and life balance. Constant communication between employees and management.
Good breaks schedule within the day, in-house cafeteria and gym
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJOctober 2, 2017
A typical day at Vonage is first logging onto your PC. This notified the Command Center that one is available for inbound calls.
I learned to be patient with callers and their issues were about Vonage and not me personally.
Management always treated me fairly especially since I was able to resolve issues 97% successfully on their first call.
The workplace culture was a team effort environment. Management was always available to answer questions.
The hardest part on the job was when calls came in one after the other.
The most enjoyable pat of the job was the comradeship of all working at Vonage.
Pros
Vonage supplied an In-house cafeteria was an ample selection of food as well as an in-house gym.
Cons
Cannot describe any cons.
Vonage
Customer Retention Specialist (Help Desk Support) (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJSeptember 23, 2017
I worked in the helpdesk retention department. I must say that particular group was very stressful. Because of the stressful position, and poor management Vonage had a high employee turn over.
Many benefits aat a growing company
Executive Response Team (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJSeptember 20, 2017
It was great being apart of a company that was growing leaps and bounds. The environment was very comfortable and the goals were attainable. My co workers were like family
Pros
The campus
Underpaid and Unappreciated
Customer Trainer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 19, 2017
Good people but that's the only positive. I was overworked, underpaid, left without management or guidance for long periods, and cast aside unceremoniously.
Too many lay offs and no advancement
Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Vonage but there was constant lay offs and no advancement opportunities. i directed many positive changes to the facility & operations but there was not a lot of support from above.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vonage. Our community is ready to answer.