Vonage

Vonage Employer Reviews

Used to be a great place to work
Call Center Manager (Current Employee), holmdelJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: nice facility
Cons: no innovation anymore. automotonic work place. its a shame because it used to be great
I started with Vonage at the beginning when it was located in Edison, moved to the new new facility in Holmdel. They replaced the whole senior management team within a year of the move in anticipation of going public. The brought in managers that obviously failed at other telecommunication companies (cable and phone giants) and started running the place like the same old telecomm giant.. Jobs were outsourced to India and our clients complained, The beauty of building a company from a couple thousand clients to over two million was that we were a new industry , edgy, and different. Our management and employees cared about what they were doing and our customers. Once we decided to go public we became like everyone else... I've been there ten years and there's very little innovation and caring left and most of my colleagues feel the same. I dont care if my bosses see this. I am already out the door
Vonage...
Account Manager (Former Employee), Holmdel, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Vonage is a company that needs to be redirected. The only way for advancement is to be an butt kisser. The people that come to work and do their job often get looked over. Management is a mess.
Good employer
Business Analyst (Current Employee), New JerseyJanuary 11, 2015
Being along term employee I've had an opportunity to learn and grow with the organization however; just as it is with other rapidly growing companies, once the growth peaks so do opportunities and forward advancement. Pay is decent but the disparities are quite huge, advancement opportunities do exist but are hard to realize due to various factors.
productive but not fun.
Salesperson (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2014
Pros: light work load for 10.00
Cons: the atmosphere was very high school-ish
A typical day at work consist of setting up my work station, meeting with my co-worker on expected sales for the day, sale phones, activate them and clean up my work space and close.
n/a
na (Former Employee), Holmdel, NJDecember 4, 2014
the best thing about working here is the $100 a month towards the cafe...
Technical Support (Current Employee), Holmdel, NJNovember 17, 2014
Assist customers who use VOIP phone service.
Co-workers are great to work with
Decent Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Queens, NYNovember 14, 2014
Offering customers with Vonage home phone services. Duties include helping
customers identify their need and match them with the available Vonage products and
services. Effectively present the products and services that is being offered. Conduct
presentations and educate the potential customers about the products. Meet and exceed
company sales objectives.
Enjoyed working for Vonage
Retention Agent (Former Employee), Holmdel, NJNovember 7, 2014
Pros: benefits, location.
Cons: set breaks -
Facility top of the line - quotas must be made or termination to follow.
Good training for a real job
Retail Business Development (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 25, 2014
It is a good entry level management experience... they would hire anyone who has a car. Their lack of resources is so big that managers get trained very well for other companies because they realize that they do too much for the company that they are working for
Ambitious company, many areas of interest
Advanced Operations Engineer II (Current Employee), Holmdel, NJOctober 8, 2014
Technology company covering a wide variety of telecommunications-focused products.
productive, safe, friendly environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: type of environment, service, professionalism
overall this was a great place to work at. The people there are really friendly and reliable. You can pretty much count on everyone for assistant. It's a teamwork type of job. Everyone helps out everyone. No one is ever alone in this.
TD
LNP Supervisor (Former Employee), Edison, NJOctober 1, 2014
I arrived before my teams shift begins. Ensured all new orders are assigned. Ran daily reports for all pending orders, check backlog and request updates from assigned agents.Scheduled training for agents.

check daily monitor for time and attendance to ensure accurate couch and cou
jobs
Sale Representative (Former Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 28, 2014
I really worked with customer service and with selling vonage phone services
Good start
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: flexible, good pay, can wear jeans
Cons: sales is a big component.
Perfect for someone interested in a sales career. good hours, good pay, but SUPER focused on sales. not easy selling home phones. managment knows about as much as you do. no REAL training. they basically tell you what the job entails then throw you into the world! if you cant sell, if youre shy, and if you have a bad memory DO NOT APPLY. hours will be cut if you are not selling. Have yet to be paid some of my commision.
Productive and fun place to work
Sr. Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Former Employee), Holmdel, NJAugust 18, 2014
Management is good. Great work environment.
Job can be challenging at times.
Blah
Technical Support ll (Former Employee), Holmdel NJAugust 4, 2014
disgusting ethics. Deceptive management. Surveys sent to customer were pushed on employees for corporate issue. Employees were responsible for corporate's short comings even when ranked high for individual scores on surveys by callers. Just flat out wrong.
Fun and relaxed place to owrk
Executive Response (Former Employee), Holmdel, NJAugust 3, 2014
Pros: state of the art cafe
Cons: ethics
Excellent co workers. Hard to advance in desired positions.
great sales job!!
Sales rep (Former Employee), belleville ILJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great commission pay. great boss.
Cons: you always have sore feet.
On a normal day we would go out to local wal-marts and sell Vonage phone lines. Sometimes if your a sails vet you would traing the new members witch is one of the fun parts. Vonage was always hiring new members to make money and learn new sails teqs that peole can use anywhere they go. The hardest thing about Vonage is keeping the drive that is necessary to make sells after the first 4hrs. The part I enjoy the most was the competition. Vonage give all the reps a goal to win more money fast. Needless to say you have to work hard for it.
Voice Over Internet Phone Company
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), Holmdel, NJJuly 23, 2014
Pros: no review
Cons: no review
This Voice Over Internet Phone Company is a great place to work. However, I do not wish to publicly review my employer any further at this time.
Good company to work for.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: standing up all the time
My manager was nice and friendly as well as all my co-workers.
A day at work meant to be standing for 8 hours and to engage with as many customers as I could.

1 2 3 4 5