Vonage Employee Reviews in United States

productive work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJuly 2, 2015
A typical day at vonage would consist of me selling the home phone devices to our customers. I learned over the course of working for the vonage company the value of our product along with keeping integrity. As far as management and coworkers are concerned, I would say that they are ok. The hardest past of the joob would be to go the entire day without making a sale, the best past would be to make more than one sale a day.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons
Enjoyible at work
SALESMAN (Current Employee) –  BALTIMOREJuly 2, 2015
A typical day is clock in , greet all parents and children .teaching them basic skills and songs , working with them on handwriting and motor skills .Also making sure all children are secure and safe. Cleaning and sanitizing toys shelfs ,desks ,ect, moping and sweeping keeping the evorirment clean each day.My Co worker made the day go by fastier.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Good Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  peachtree GAJuly 2, 2015
Ensuring each customer receives quality service
•Executing the daily day-to-day goals and priorities set by the management
•Upholding the store’s high cleanliness standards
•Participating in the processing of new shipments
•Assisting the warehouse team in keeping the stock receiving area and the back stock area organized and clean
•Assisting in training, monitoring, and development of new recruits
•Ensuring compliance to safety policy defined by the store management team
•Assisting customers in locating items and answering their queries related to products sold in the store
•Providing information to customers on store’s procedures and policies
Overall good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  charlotte, ncJune 18, 2015
I enjoyed working here. I had to sell a home service product and inform the customer about the product. My main goal was to save them money.
Effiecey and Marketing
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2015
I would get to work 15 min early and set up my table and display table. I would interact with the customers and sign them up for service. Co-workers were very nice. The hardest part of the job was going home because I would have to stop making money. I enjoyed each day I worked.
Pros
commisions
Cons
I wish I could have gotten paid mileage.
Vonage use to be a Great company to work for.
Assisted Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJMay 18, 2015
When I first began with the company you received training and were made to feel as you had stock in taking this company to another level. Although it was a call center this was the corporate office for the company. I began my career at Vonage in Customer Service throughout the years I held multipule positions from Technical support, Team support, and always Customer support.

The hardest part of the job was towards the end not having the support of the company job security is always questioned ie: Supervisors and HR Department.

I enjoyed working at Vonage and working with most of my coworkers.
Pros
Free Lunches, Game Room, Nice Campus
Cons
Short Break, Lack of communication between Management and Teams
Overall, great campus, nice people, high expectations
Vonage Marketing (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJMay 14, 2015
Vonage has a great atmosphere, nice people, and is very employee driven. Management is fare, but demanding. Expectations are high and sometimes out of reach.
Fun work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMay 13, 2015
Management was great. I loved working by myself, but don't mind working in groups. It was a well paying job.I gained selling skills.
Pros
the money
Cons
weekend job
Great Company to work for
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJMarch 31, 2015
This company is like a really small scale Google. They believe in making their workers happy in order to have a more productive work place. They give you a card with $100/month to spend on the campus cafeteria. The managers are truly inspiring.
good working environment
Retail sales associate (Former Employee) –  el paso texasMarch 23, 2015
excellent work environment, opportunities to learn new techniques of sale, but in my opinion deveria have an early opportunity to be employed full time

Want to know more about Vonage?

Ask a question
Pretty Good
RBD SALES MAKERS (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 13, 2015
It was a pretty good job,not the best one ever but I liked working there because the pay was pretty good and the commission..oh man whooo boy !!
Pros
pay
Cons
mean customers
Working hard to grow into new markets
IT Realization Manager (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJFebruary 17, 2015
Vonage initiated its transformation to agile methodology in 2014. To date, approximately 70% of the development teams have adopted scrum practices. The outlook is cautiously optimistic.
Pros
free lunch ($100/month). free gym. extra 2 week vacation at 5-years.
Cons
struggling to overcome vestiges of traditional management mentality.
Retail Business Development, Horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Manager NEVER came in. often times i was the only employee to show up for work. The recruiter lied about how much money I'd get for training.
Cons
everything
it is ok
Vonage Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  San Fernando Valley, CAFebruary 8, 2015
it is a good company to work for if you like the color orange and if you want to get paid. it would be a good first job but i would not make it a career.
Pros
plus commission
Cons
terrible commission rates
Very fast paced and good company
NOC Operations Engineer / Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJFebruary 2, 2015
Very fast paced and good company to work for. You get to learn a lot on various platforms. The level of access given to you as a NOC employee is really grand. The number of software apps, hardware devices, and access to the data center you have awesome.
long hours of standing flexible schedule
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 31, 2015
standing around for 8 hours trying to convince people to buy a home phone becomes really tiring and frustrating. after about 3 and a half hours my back would start to hurt. i get so many rejections and my boss is so tough on me especially on my first week. this is not a reliable job at all only take this job if you are looking for experience or if you really love being a sales representative
Good environment
Customer Assistance Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 30, 2015
Helping customer set up phone service helping with porting numbers over, answering billing question. People were friendly will to help if had a problem
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Pretty cool job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Vonage is a home phone service since 2001. Vonage locations do not own its own store, so its locations are in Sears, Walmarts, and K-marts. My location was a Sears , in UTC mall , my duties were to open and close, hit the daily sales goal which was 4 boxes a week. While working for this company we had to approach customers so every work day I was able improved my selling skills and social skills as well.
Used to be a great place to work
Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  holmdelJanuary 20, 2015
I started with Vonage at the beginning when it was located in Edison, moved to the new new facility in Holmdel. They replaced the whole senior management team within a year of the move in anticipation of going public. The brought in managers that obviously failed at other telecommunication companies (cable and phone giants) and started running the place like the same old telecomm giant.. Jobs were outsourced to India and our clients complained, The beauty of building a company from a couple thousand clients to over two million was that we were a new industry , edgy, and different. Our management and employees cared about what they were doing and our customers. Once we decided to go public we became like everyone else... I've been there ten years and there's very little innovation and caring left and most of my colleagues feel the same. I dont care if my bosses see this. I am already out the door
Pros
nice facility
Cons
no innovation anymore. automotonic work place. its a shame because it used to be great
Vonage...
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Vonage is a company that needs to be redirected. The only way for advancement is to be an butt kisser. The people that come to work and do their job often get looked over. Management is a mess.

2.8