Vonage Employee Reviews in United States

Was a fun place to work
Project/Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJAugust 28, 2012
I learned about about networking, sales, and marketing. Management was ever changing, as the company was rapidly growing when I worked there. We went from sharing folding tables in Edison, to newly renovated office in Holmdel. The co-workers were great, it was like an extended family. The hardest part of the job, was dealing with a lot of the growing pains early on. We had a lot of satisfied customers, but just as many dissatisfied ones too.
The most enjoyable part of the job, were the celebrations every time we hit a new milestone. The biggest being the 1 millionth customer party.... and I cant forget to mention the awesome Holiday Party every year!
Pros
healthcare, company vision, $100 meal card every month
Cons
did not promote from within, division within departments
Vonage Employment
Billing and Ordering Associate (Current Employee) –  Homdel, NJJune 24, 2012
Vonage is a VOIP company is a young company with may innovative ideas. I have been able to grow and have learned many aspects of the company during the time that I have been employed.

I have learned how VOIP works and the many departments that it takes to run and support the business.Management is open to suggestions and has a open door policies when issues may arise. I have enjoyed the diversity of employees and networking with others in other departments.

The most difficult part of the job is communication between departments.The most enjoyable part is when we are able to accomplish goals as a team for the company and celebrate it together.
Pros
very nice facilites and cafe options
Cons
no college reimbursement program
Good employer
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 11, 2015
Being along term employee I've had an opportunity to learn and grow with the organization however; just as it is with other rapidly growing companies, once the growth peaks so do opportunities and forward advancement. Pay is decent but the disparities are quite huge, advancement opportunities do exist but are hard to realize due to various factors.
Good start
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Perfect for someone interested in a sales career. good hours, good pay, but SUPER focused on sales. not easy selling home phones. managment knows about as much as you do. no REAL training. they basically tell you what the job entails then throw you into the world! if you cant sell, if youre shy, and if you have a bad memory DO NOT APPLY. hours will be cut if you are not selling. Have yet to be paid some of my commision.
Pros
flexible, good pay, can wear jeans
Cons
sales is a big component.
Effiecey and Marketing
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2015
I would get to work 15 min early and set up my table and display table. I would interact with the customers and sign them up for service. Co-workers were very nice. The hardest part of the job was going home because I would have to stop making money. I enjoyed each day I worked.
Pros
commisions
Cons
I wish I could have gotten paid mileage.
Overall, great campus, nice people, high expectations
Vonage Marketing (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJMay 14, 2015
Vonage has a great atmosphere, nice people, and is very employee driven. Management is fare, but demanding. Expectations are high and sometimes out of reach.
Productive and nice work environment
Retention/Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJOctober 7, 2012
Typical day at work consisted of anserwing customer phones calls and resolving any problems they had.
I learned to be very patient with individuals that are having problems and also learned to multi-task while working.
Management was stern but didn't put much pressure on employees as long as the work was done properly.
Co-workerks were good to work with, most of the time we worked as a team.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the everyday changes management was making.
The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying the customers and making them happy.
Vonage...
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Vonage is a company that needs to be redirected. The only way for advancement is to be an butt kisser. The people that come to work and do their job often get looked over. Management is a mess.
Working hard to grow into new markets
IT Realization Manager (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJFebruary 17, 2015
Vonage initiated its transformation to agile methodology in 2014. To date, approximately 70% of the development teams have adopted scrum practices. The outlook is cautiously optimistic.
Pros
free lunch ($100/month). free gym. extra 2 week vacation at 5-years.
Cons
struggling to overcome vestiges of traditional management mentality.
Fun work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMay 13, 2015
Management was great. I loved working by myself, but don't mind working in groups. It was a well paying job.I gained selling skills.
Pros
the money
Cons
weekend job
Very fast paced
Senior Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJFebruary 11, 2013
There is a lot of talent in this company, however you must be well steeped in its culture to prosper. Perspectives outside the company line are not easily embraced, and this is important for positive change. Decision making at the highest levels seems to be a bit manic.
Pros
onsite fitness center
Cons
no work life balance
Sweatshop
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJuly 1, 2012
While the amenities like the cafeteria having such a wide selection was a plus, the people aspect of the company was blindingly bad. Multiple complaints about rushing out products, no concern for the employees, and upper management that seemed to care more for their stock options than the welfare of their employees. Please note this was from when I worked there several years ago, so hopefully it has changed Still, it was more about squeezing the employees dry than building up a motivated workforce, at least when I was there.
Pros
good amenities
Cons
dehumanizing treatment, massive turnover
Cool job, with good benifits
PAYMENT PROCESSING AGENT (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJMay 2, 2013
Good company to work for if you are a people person. Typical day is in customer service consists of answering phones taking payments and troubleshooting customer issues and complaints. Most of management is cool but you do have a few that can make your life a hard one. The pay is great, (which is the main reason why people put up with some of the things that go on) and the company as whole is ok
Pros
private cafe, gym on site, atms, outside smoking area, good pay
Cons
too much down time, sometimes impossible production goals, revolving door of good employees
long hours of standing flexible schedule
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 31, 2015
standing around for 8 hours trying to convince people to buy a home phone becomes really tiring and frustrating. after about 3 and a half hours my back would start to hurt. i get so many rejections and my boss is so tough on me especially on my first week. this is not a reliable job at all only take this job if you are looking for experience or if you really love being a sales representative
Pretty Good
RBD SALES MAKERS (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 13, 2015
It was a pretty good job,not the best one ever but I liked working there because the pay was pretty good and the commission..oh man whooo boy !!
Pros
pay
Cons
mean customers
This company is only good as a means to make movie ticket money.
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2012
The company did not disclose certain information to us until after we were hired. For example that we were only working 19 hours a week only during weekends I was under the impression that it was a full time job. I also thought that the job was an actual establishment that we would report to work. Rather we had to lug around table cloths and various other materials and set up a table inside Walmart stores, soliciting and calling out to Walmart customer to buy home phone service. There didnt seem to much of an interest to customers. Lots of sales pressure given to make quotas on a product that didnt generate much interest. However, I enjoyed talking to the customers. Financially...suffering.
Pros
the company allowed you to break on yr own time.
Cons
just not very advancing or profitable to someone with a family.
Overall good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  charlotte, ncJune 18, 2015
I enjoyed working here. I had to sell a home service product and inform the customer about the product. My main goal was to save them money.
The rewards for good work were nice.
Corporate Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJSeptember 11, 2012
Very busy all day on phones. I learned what voip over internet means. Management was approachable and easy to talk to. Co-workers were very educated to the vonage way. The hardest part of the job was a dissatisfied customer no matter how you tried to help them. The enjoyable part was learning more how to help customers.
Pros
free lunches and lots of friends to make
Cons
healthcare is expensive and breaks too short.
ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJune 24, 2014
I enjoyed this company to a certain extent. Vonage had a great gym and also gave $100 for lunch every month. i didnt enjoy the job so much. it seemed as if it was hard to move up in the company and we didnt have to much of a say so. management didnt seem confident. the set up of Vonage was a customer service floor which didnt keep you loving the work you did. overall i didnt i would rate them a 5 out of 10.
Pretty cool job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Vonage is a home phone service since 2001. Vonage locations do not own its own store, so its locations are in Sears, Walmarts, and K-marts. My location was a Sears , in UTC mall , my duties were to open and close, hit the daily sales goal which was 4 boxes a week. While working for this company we had to approach customers so every work day I was able improved my selling skills and social skills as well.

2.8