Vornado Realty Trust Employee Reviews

Very good firm!
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2017
An excellent place to work. Very professional and a lot of highly motivated colleagues! Very organized and a pleasure to have worked here. Thumbs up to the firm!
Great Team and Support System
Property/Lease Administrator (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 24, 2017
A typical day at work would start at 9 AM promptly. After greeting my group and supervisor, I log into my Yardi account to determine my workload for the day. I appreciate how everyone here is so eager to help with any questions one might have. The people here are very friendly and the learning never stops.
Pros
Bi-weekly Buffet Breakfasts
Cons
Exepensive Healthcare
Post graduate
APPLICATIONS ANALYST/TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 31, 2016
I stared tornado as soon as I graduated college. Its a great place to gain experience. Their systems and work methods are out of date, but nonetheless, its a great learning experience.
Pros
Good for after graduating school. You can learn the ropes
Cons
Not a long term investment
Financial Planning and Analysis Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 20, 2016
Great place to work. Fun atmosphere. Everyone works hard and is very nice. Treated with respect day in and day out. High expectations of workers. Would recommend to friends to apply.
A productive place to work
Fire Safety Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2016
Its fun getting on post on time with my co-workers
I've learned to be my self and stay focus while executing my job responsibility.
Treat everyone with utmost Respect at all times.
Its always a fun time being around the team.
The hardest part of my job is yet to learned.
Always being happy with a smile and that keeps the artery clear.
Great Internship Program
Intern - Executive Office (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2016
They had a well rounded internship program that allowed interns to have open communication with most people in the company. Asking questions was encouraged and everyone there was very open.
Learning every day
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2015
I worked at one of the many properties VNO owns and manages. Every day was a learning experience. The company also paid for additional educational options should the employees take advantage.
Pros
Good employee benefits, 401K options, etc.
Commercial Property Management - Responsible for all tenant services
Tenant Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2015
My "home base" was the Fuse MTV building across from Madison Square Garden. However, I was rarely there. I was sent from building to building....sometimes for just one day .....sometimes for two or three days. I was to be the Assistant Property Manager for each building to which I was sent. One day it might be Madison Square Garden ....another day it might be the New York Stock Exchange....another day it might be 1 Penn Plaza......there were a very many commercial buildings to which I was sent to assistant in their overall management.
For the most part the tasks remained the same for each building:
All tenant services, work orders, billing, tenant contact info, Emergency Action Plans, Certificates of Insurance, Workspeed transactions, dispatch to porters, engineers and security guards via Workspeed and hand held radio, creation of daily memorandum summarizing after hours and weekend activities such as deliveries, construction, freight elevator reservations, cleaning among other things, maintenance of Front Lobby Desk Binder for security guard including tenant info, employee info as well as suspicious persons.
Pros
I gained experience managing different types of properties, learned commercial property management
Cons
it was a bit overwhelming managing a different building everyday
Great experience learning about the commercial real estate market
Internship (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 8, 2015
A day at work would be to check Microsoft outlook for incoming tasks and deadlines. Begin on various tasks completing them by deadline and difficulty. My supervisor was extremely helpful in showing how to get past minuscule problems that occurred. Co workers were very friendly in daily interaction. Hardest part of the job was to be in the office promptly 6am every morning. Most enjoyable part was the company hosted events with free food, music, etc.
Pros
Free lunch, snacks, sport outings
Realty Corporation with Old School Vibe
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 3, 2015
This company was not tech savvy and used old technology. People are friendly but very serious. This was a temporary assignment for me.
Productive work place
Executive Concierge/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2014
Vornado Realty Trust is a good company to work for. I learned how to perfect my skills in customer service and enjoyed working for them.
Pros
I learned how to perfect my customer service skills
Cons
N/a
Great company, great support.
Research Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2014
I read a lot of 10 k's, I would always have support from my supervisor. They really helPed me get a better understanding of the history of REIT'S
Call Center
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 3, 2014
My time with Champion Mortgage was interesting. I developed a close relationship with my co-workers & helped each other out with tips on how to be successful with each call. Management always trained us on how to handle incoming calls & ways to ensure a good commission at the end of the month.
Pros
Great management & co-worker, commission
Cons
Far from Home, Pay
Executive Assistant to Corporation Counsel (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYMay 29, 2014
An Exceptional Company! In my ten plus years, I have grown with this Company and would say to anyone with talent and more, this could be your golden ticket. Nothing but brilliant and creative people with an environment you could almost call home! Good Luck!!!
Pros
Lot's of Perks
Cons
Lot's of Hours
love this company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2014
the promote with in and value their employees. pay is ok for entry levels but room for growth
Property Manager/Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2014
Good work/life balance
Learned project management
Highly maintained buildings
Normal hours - good benefits - decent co-workers
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 23, 2014
Administrative Assistant- Tax

Depending on the group you support and the executives. My experience was a very hostile work environment due to poor management and no work structure. I enjoyed working along side the executive assistant and other VPs in different departments including the CFO & CAO. The pay is decent and they have good benefits.
Pros
Good benefits normal work hours
Cons
No structure the boss in the tax department lets Sr Admin run the show.
Quality work environment with good people
Financial Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 2, 2013
Management and company operations make Vornado a great place to work.
Little chance for advancement or promotions
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 17, 2013
Little chance for advancement or promotions. Not a good team environment. Poor management & supervisory skills. Little or no training at your position, sink or swim attitude.
Pros
Nice bagel breakfast every other month.
Top notch, professional company
Property Management Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2013
The best place to work. Would love to return any day or find a compatible place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vornado Realty Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3