Vox Media Employee Reviews

Pa
BP Stock Footage (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 13, 2017
never got paid for 2 different jobs. mostly my fault for not doing the paperwork correctly but still, broke boys. honestly I haven't a care in the world about this review and can't find work.
Pros
free food
Cons
no money
Fun Place to Work
Contributing Reporter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2016
I started as an intern with Racked NY before it shuttered. The culture here is very much a place that fosters growth for those that have potential to grow the brand. My day was spent rounding up news stories and writing up samples sales which is really hands on for an intern. I felt like a part of the team. Everyone was really easy to talk to.
Pros
Internship is paid
Cons
no job stability
Laughs and Loud Music
Studio Technician / Swing Utility Tech (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2015
A typical day included myself and my studio manager, creating lighting set ups for the first show and prepping our control room to capture it. During the run of the show I would get a list of tasks from my executive producer for the day. They would include anything from trouble-shooting new equipment, going on a run to meet one of our freelance editors, or even cleaning up our storage space. Our management was good, they were fair, understanding, and only pushy when they needed to be. My co-workers were all similar to me in age and we generally had a good deal of fun while working together. Hardest part of my job would be after lunch when I normally broke down both studios alone since my manager had to be in meetings with the higher ups. The most enjoyable part was just working in the studio, listening to music and telling funny stories from the night before.
Pros
Lots of snacks, free red bull, amazing learning environment
Cons
bad communication between different departments
Vox Media
Director of Advertising/Branding Production (Current Employee) –  New York, NyFebruary 19, 2014
it's a great place to work! each day is a new adventure. Projects are great, people are great for the most part. Vox is a growing company with skys the limit opportunities.
Pros
great quality of life, growth
Cons
unorganized at times, catty, and employees have a sense of entitlement
Part-Time Job from Home at Emerging Company
SB Nation News Desk Writer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2012
I've only worked for Vox Media for a short time on a part-time basis as a news desk writer for SB Nation, but I like what I've seen from the company. They are clearly on the cutting edge of new technologies and innovations in the field. My work consists of writing news stories in four hour shifts. At time the work can be tedious, but it also provides me opportunities to be creative.