Vox Media Employee Reviews

Laughs and Loud Music
Studio Technician / Swing Utility Tech (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2015
Pros: Lots of snacks, free red bull, amazing learning environment
Cons: bad communication between different departments
A typical day included myself and my studio manager, creating lighting set ups for the first show and prepping our control room to capture it. During the run of the show I would get a list of tasks from my executive producer for the day. They would include anything from trouble-shooting new equipment, going on a run to meet one of our freelance editors, or even cleaning up our storage space. Our management was good, they were fair, understanding, and only pushy when they needed to be. My co-workers were all similar to me in age and we generally had a good deal of fun while working together. Hardest part of my job would be after lunch when I normally broke down both studios alone since my manager had to be in meetings with the higher ups. The most enjoyable part was just working in the studio, listening to music and telling funny stories from the night before.
Vox Media
Director of Advertising/Branding Production (Current Employee), New York, NyFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: great quality of life, growth
Cons: unorganized at times, catty, and employees have a sense of entitlement
it's a great place to work! each day is a new adventure. Projects are great, people are great for the most part. Vox is a growing company with skys the limit opportunities.
Part-Time Job from Home at Emerging Company
SB Nation News Desk Writer (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2012
I've only worked for Vox Media for a short time on a part-time basis as a news desk writer for SB Nation, but I like what I've seen from the company. They are clearly on the cutting edge of new technologies and innovations in the field. My work consists of writing news stories in four hour shifts. At time the work can be tedious, but it also provides me opportunities to be creative.