VRI Employee Reviews

It is not a job for everyone
CARE REP LEVEL III (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHJuly 8, 2017
VRI is a great place to start "get your foot in the door" for customer service type jobs. They hired me with very little experience and they have taught me so much. Overall it's a great job there is some favoritism shown there. Also sometimes it's a very fast paced environment. It is also very stressful at times.
Pros
Company paid healthcare, free classes at a local gym, discounts at participating companies
Cons
Short breaks, very fast paced, have to eat lunch while "on the floor" Stressful environment.
ok place to be
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 5, 2017
Ok to be there while i was there. no real complaints because it doesn't much matter much once you are gone.It is better to be quite and go with the flow while you are there.I went to work, did my job, was paid for it and I have no dirt to dish out no complaints.
Pros
what pros
Cons
what cons
Quick-paced but caring.
SENIOR LEAD (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHApril 20, 2017
This company cares very deeply about its clients. We take care of families. Management is fair and will work with you during difficult times. Things can be very busy here but we are in the business of saving lives so it is very rewarding.
Pros
easy to move up, family environment
Cons
stressful
Good Company To Work For
Lead and Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHMarch 29, 2017
I worked for VRI for about 3 years until I was offered another job opportunity that better fits my family's needs. I will forever have everlasting memories working in the Care Center. Like every place of employment, there can be some drama and tension but sometimes you have to just buckle down and get the work done. Be the better person. The most frustrating part about working at VRI was the benefits. I was not able to cover my entire family due to cost but if you are a single individual looking for benefits then this is a very good thing for you. Another downfall was scheduling conflicts. When you start out you are automatically 2nd or 3rd shift until you can get some more experience and once this happens you are then on a waiting list for 1st shift. There were times when my schedule would dramatically change from 1st shift to 2nd and I found that was very hard for me and my family to adjust. Although this was not all the time and they are very accommodating - it was often enough to cause some problems at home. The pay isn't the best but with some hard work and dedication, you are about to move up to get more pay. It's been 2 years since I left VRI so things have probably changed since then, especially with wages. . I found management to be stern at times but never doubted that it was in the best interest of its employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to save those lives and work with some amazing people every day. Working at VRI was a wonderful learning experience for me and owe a lot to that place for who I am today and how far I've come. I highly recommend  more... this company to strong individuals that are determined and committed to their work.  less
Pros
Saving lives, working with some amazing people, fun atmosphere
Cons
Benefits, scheduling
VRI is the best company I've worked for!
Customer Care Representative (CCR) (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OhioJanuary 7, 2017
I love working at VRI. I'm not going to lie at first I was questioning myself about staying and that was through training.... I forced myself to continue and I'm so glad that I did because I'm still here after almost 3 years! We work hard and have fun! I enjoyed my job dispatching for clients and knowing I was helping them and making a difference! I love my current position now also! Growing through the company is awesome, benefits are awesome, the whole VRI team is awesome!
Pros
Always there for me, benefits, etc
Cons
Compensation
Coworkers are great Management is terrible.
Care Rep III (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHNovember 30, 2016
The family you build working with the same people 40+ hours a week is great. You have the same set schedule and the same days off are the same every week. The upper management (director of the care center) is a horrible woman. She micromanages and belittles those she manages. The CC leads really do care. They take the time to get to know you and help with anything you need. At work and sometimes in your own personal life.

The stress of the job is not worth the pay. There are some incentives to working overtime but it's honestly almost not worth it. They give gift cards of a small amount and break passes. Woo hoo.

There are bonuses they give out for milestones in the company. Customers served is counted regularly and they give bonuses based on the number.

The best time to work there is Saturday -Monday 2nd shift because the manager on duty is the most caring person on the planet.

The management hardly cares about working with you on the schedule and if you have any appointments they "suggest" you change it. Never politely either.

This job does save lives which is great. But the management makes it out to be the most important thing you will ever do. It's more important than family or personal obligations to them.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Terrible upper management, too little pay for the job
Genuine People
Care Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHNovember 16, 2016
I like the atmosphere. The people seem genuine. I like how smooth it is. I enjoy coming to work. You are always able to get over time. You get good benefits and VRI is located in the middle of franklin. Its very close to everywhere.
Cons
No first shift available
The Company as a whole is great, THE CARE CENTER is a joke!
Former Lead and Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Care Center, Franklin, OhioNovember 12, 2016
After reading several reviews on VRI, you would think that someone would get it right and address the issue in the Care Center. MANAGEMENT SUCKS! The director of the Care Center doesn't even know how to do the job and micro-manages. She talks about employees behind their backs to "leads". She is unapproachable and belittles you if you try and speak with her. I absolutely loved my job at VRI, but I tried to take a stand for what is right and got pushed out by something that had nothing to do with job performance. Someday maybe they will see why there is such high turnover in the Care Center, but for now, if I were looking into this job, I would stay as far away as possible!
Pros
Feeling good about making a difference and saving lives
Cons
The director of operations!!
Meh... Dont work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milford, ohioOctober 5, 2016
Make sure they don't waste your time. The Milford location kept calling and emailing me and I responded to all communication, yet, they dropped the ball on their end. Not organized and micromanagement. Good luck.
Cons
Sucky HR
Fast pace work environment, family oriented atmosphere, free gym membership at local gym
Tech Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHApril 21, 2016
A typical day at work includes troubleshooting equipment issues with clients via the telephone. Testing, refurbishing and re-programming life alert equipment. Tracking productivity via excel and submitting to management team. My current position has allowed me to acquire new skills such as soldering, working with spreadsheets and learning operating systems. However, I don't believe there is room for advancement the my current role. My current management team could do better and holding all employees accountable for work performance. The most difficult part of the job is assisting clients with troubleshooting equipment when they are either unfamiliar with how the unit operates. Trying to decipher what they are trying to communicate can be hard at times. The most enjoyable part about my job is when I have been able to successfully troubleshoot an issue with a client
Pros
Casual dress code, positive work environment, health benefits
Cons
No opportunities for over-time
Tense atmosphere but if you can deal with it, you'll be fine.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHFebruary 24, 2016
Fine establishment, management isn't the greatest but you don't have to deal with them very often. You have to deal with stress and be a problem solver.
Pros
The company takes care of it's employees.
Cons
Director
Very rewarding job
Care Representative/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHMay 22, 2015
Clients wore buttons when they needed assistance they would push their button and it would come into the call center Once the alarm came in the care reps would try to talk to the client over the unit and dispatch help accordingly to protocol if not the care rep would try over the phone. Also monitored med dispensers and routine equipment checks
Pros
Knowing you helped someone or even saved a life
Cons
very stressful environment
Medical Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHMarch 25, 2015
Enjoyed the opportunity to help others. Adequate training provided for the intense level of skills necessary for this job.
Overview
Customer Care Rep./Medical Alert Care Rep. III (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHFebruary 8, 2015
Sit at a desk all day & talk on the phone. Some people in management are awesome and others aren't. Coworkers are the best! Benefits are great but pay is not. Hardest part is taking blame for mistakes that aren't made by you and most enjoyable part is helping the elderly.
Company does not care for its employees
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHJanuary 12, 2015
Management has no idea how to lead and manage a workforce, individuals work hard for a company that does not appreciate them
working in the CARE CENTER SUCKS !!
Care Representative Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHDecember 2, 2014
Ok company .CARE CENTER SUCKS ! The upper management is still in pre-k.You are a nobody, if you are not in their group.They say one thing to your face and then run you over .They will start something new and in a few weeks they will just stop the program.Mainly because they just dont want to take the time, and they are ready to move on to the next trending program.they will look for stuff to write you up for (if you are not in there group)
The director is the worst one!
The pay is very low.
Pros
saving lives!!
Cons
working there to do it ! low pay.upper management
workplace function with occasional diversions
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHJuly 11, 2014
after almost 9 and a half years termination was very difficult. I understand the new investors wanted the bottom line cost reduced by 20% but I don't feel terminating people like me or the director of finance was the best way to accomplish the reductions
Pros
free coffee
Cons
counter productive managers
great place to work
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lagrange, NYMarch 29, 2014
not much room ro grow, great work enviorment. tyoical 40 hour week with possible overtime. people are great
Official response from VRI
September 3, 2014

This post is not of the company, VRI, located in Franklin, Ohio. We wish you the best in your career pursuits.