VSA Resorts Employee Reviews

Best company I have ever worked for!
Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 26, 2016
I have had the opportunity to work as a manager and director for quite a few different full-service and luxury hospitality brands the past few years. This company is similar to Wyndham, Diamond, or Hilton Grand luxury vacation ownership companies EXCEPT on a much, much SMALLER scale. Pay and benefits do not compare to what I have been used to making BUT the trade off is a family atmosphere, unlimited potential for cross training, and professional and personal growth.
Pros
cross training potential, floating potential between properties, family atmosphere and overall high transparency through the ranks
Cons
benefits, overall compensation
Fun place to work in the summer time
Vacation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 28, 2013
Great place for the summer time. A lot of great guest come from different places to this resort for the beach and relaxation
Pros
private pool are great co workers
Cons
no breaks
Productive workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 11, 2013
Everyone there was like family. The true meaning of what a team should be. I learned that there is no "I" in team. Everybody here is a hard worker.
Pros
always room for extra hours and bonuses
Cons
only part-time hours available
A very Productive and fun workplace.
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 30, 2012
- VSA is a great company to work for because you feel like you are part of a family when you come to work.
- I have learned that sometimes less is more and VSA is a small company that gives a lot to their employees. A very good heart warming feeling knowing that you matter.
- The hardest part of the job is to have a sales force sit around and have no tours (this holds true at any resort). No tours equals no sales. No sales means no money (the company doesn't like that either) and a salesperson will not stick around if there is no opportunity. Keeping people busy and motivated all the time can be the most challenging.
- The most enjoyable part of my job is when I, or my team helps families get involved in Timeshare. I have helped thousands and thousands of families and when they call you after using it for the first time, its an incredible feeling to hear their happiness!
Pros
being a positive force in a small market in virginia beach
Cons
no room for advancement because its such a small company
Productive and fun work place
Activities Attendant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 5, 2012
Fun work place, great co workers. Supervisors were not exactly up to par, but we made it work.
Great work setting with friendly and well designed groups.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 21, 2012
A normal day of work here entails checking in guest, reading housekeeping/maintenance reports, making sure all guests are taken care of and enjoying their stay, spreading the knowledge of timeshare and it's benefits, selling rooms to walk-ins, micromanaging the property to make sure everything runs smoothly. Depending on the shift one will either have a lot or very minimal interaction with management. If you are on a later shift many things will usually arise that will demand your immediate attention. Part of the job is knowing when to make a quick fire decision or to delegate it to a higher authority by any means necessary. Yet when dealing with a great team/staff the process just runs a lot smoother.
Pros
company wide activities such as luncheons, picnics, fund raisers.
Cons
non existent breaks depending on shifts, unreliable work timeframes.

4.4