VSC Employee Reviews

Classic Call Center - Boiler Room
Telemarketer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Not much opportunity here. You start at minimum wage. Commissions and spiffs are not exciting. Great for newbies to sales or non sales types.

Company has meetings which are basically a waste of time. No real training.

T/O's are a mix. Some will work hard for you. Most will only work for you untill they hit their quota. Once they reach that, their time is spent throwing bean bags and shooting pool or baskets.

Music is way too loud.

If you are unemployed, may be worth your time untill you find something substantial. Don;t look for a career , it doesn't exist here.
Pros
Was a beautiful new office
Cons
Parking is too far away, chairs are broken up, computers old and slow
Work Environment
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 27, 2016
It is a call center but not your typical call center. There is music playing all day long to keep the good vibes going. There is also ping pong, pool, and basketball. Most call centers can be boring but this company is not. Good vibes good people. Plenty of people who are willing to help you close deals if need be. Strictly inbound calls so it makes it easier to upsell rather than cold calls. There is a quota to meet.....I mean which sales position do you know who doesnt have a quota to meet. The quotas are very realistic and easy. Great place to make money if you are very money hungry.
Recieving inspector
Source inspector (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 31, 2016
inspect all product from outside vendors,making sure all documentation is with the product and that the product meets the company standard and government standards,to maintain the integrity of the product and the company
Pros
great work environment great pay
Cons
not enough work
Everyone that interviews gets hired because retention rate is at an all time low
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 15, 2016
They don't tell you that you have to meet quota during training in order to get your commission over your hourly pay. You find out about the quota after your first paycheck. You average about 29 hours per week at 8 hours per hour. So if you don't meet quota your paycheck will be 232$ for the week.
Pros
They are not strict on what you wear
Cons
You have to meet quota of 4, 360 per week in order to get commission over your 8$ per hour pay.
The whole company is a scam
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 25, 2016
All you do is call people and lie to them about a Florida vacation that they have qualified for but they have to pay $1,670. I personally dont like it
loved my job .
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hinesburg, VTAugust 22, 2016
loved to work here . not much room for advancement. great culture .good people to work with . lots of training. a few benefits..
Pros
good pay . good product and company.
Cons
poor management. no loyalty or sympathy from management .
Great people, fun atmosphere, but no job security and commission pay.
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 7, 2016
Day would include a morning meeting getting representatives excited for another day of work.Work was mainly answering questions for representatives and getting on their phone calls to close deals. I learned a lot about sales and how people work. The hardest part of the work day was trying to step away for a break but, for the most part, I didn't mind since I was in great company.
Pros
Fun people and excellent workplace music
Cons
Commission pay and job security lacking
Quality Inspector and Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAFebruary 9, 2016
There really isn't much to say about the company because for the most part everything was done via email or phone. At first it seem to be fun but after you settle in, thats when you see the difference in the company
able to use my experience and skills to process work load
Staff Accountant - Contract Work (Current Employee) –  Irvine CAAugust 25, 2015
I would lie to join this company and team but only a temp contract position so far.

they use a current system and very secure and no pressure to get the work done
Pros
fun and team player atmosphere
Cons
non cross training or help with other areas some have job security issues
vsc will put you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations
source inspector (Current Employee) –  los angelesJuly 10, 2015
lenr project engagements and lern to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests on a day to day basis.learn to sharing innovative and creative ideas.
Recruitment Company
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTDecember 16, 2012
Work with contractors in various places in the Nation and Canada. Schedule all jobs, assist in any issues that arise with Contractors/Suppliers. I've learned how to coordinate multiple tasks that come up throughout the day. Each day is a different experience with new issues and resolutions. My co-workers are great in working together and helping eachother out, working as a team. The hardest part of the job is prioritzing as each issue arises, working with Management in this process. The most enjoyable part of this job is speaking with all the different contractors in different parts of the nation and Canada and building a relationship with them.
Pros
family orientated
N/a
Field Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 12, 2015
Loved working with external field resources, and the organized chaos of providing exceptional support to our inspectors.

Learned a wealth of information regarding supply chain and procurement.
Source inspection
Contractor, CA (Current Employee) –  CaliforinaJune 18, 2014
Source inspection of complex machined parts and assy. Supply chain management and technical support services to customers including Boeing and Sikorsky. Verifying Product on multiply new contract part assemblies, ensure the quality of production, and to identify any QC challenges throughout a project. First Article approval AS9102. Final Inspection. Customer Liaison as a Source inspector.
Great Team to work with
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita KSMarch 17, 2013
If you are OK as a 1099 employee, this is the place to work!
Unlike other companies this one makes sure you know what you are doing. Expect to be tested on your knowledge and none of there tests are a walk in the park. I have ALWAYS been given the support that I need and VSC will always back you up & help you. No questions.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
no benefits wish we could buy into a group plan like other agencies.
It's OK for part time...
Source Inspector/Auditor (former employee) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 13, 2013
I liked the work as you deal directly with the client, not VSC.
This kind of job is best suited to a retired person as it is unlikely you'll make enough money to support yourself.
DO ensure you get adequate hours (30 minimum) and DO understand exactly what a 1099 job entails (for all intents and purposes, you are self employed.
Pros
Liked the work
Cons
No where near the hours expected.
Independent contractor
Project Specialist Boeing Supplier Quality (Current Employee) –  Chicagoland areaJuly 21, 2012
Independent contractor for the airplane industry. I do verification and quality reports and conformaties for the airplane industry.
Pros
i do independent work and project assigments for airplane manufacturers.
Cons
i am an independent contractor and ussally my job has no health insurance, orpencion plan, and i pay my own taxes.
Great for Retired
Inspection (Former Employee) –  ClevelandMarch 17, 2013
I loved my brief time with this company. I would still be working for them if not for lack of insurance / benefits provided. As an associate you are your own business. The freedom to work at various locations in the area was a very good experience.
Pros
great pay, gas payed by mileage
Cons
you would be required to withhold your taxes or medical insurance if required.
Very Substandard Compensation for Knowledge and Experience
AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 4, 2015
Interviewed, and everything was fine until the compensation was stated. It's below the poverty level!! I made more than that on a paper route when I was 15!
Productive and a great place to work
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 28, 2015
Starting time was when I got up in the morning and left the house. Traveled to different locations per job orders. Hardest part of job was driving to different locations out of state. Met a lot of great people while I was traveling to locations.
Great Small Business Enviroment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 5, 2015
I found VSC a very nice place to learn the electronics industry from top-to-bottom. Everyone can get their fair chance in this small business to learn and grow and have direct input into the management and direction of the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VSC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8