VSC Employee Reviews in United States

Very Substandard Compensation for Knowledge and Experience
AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 4, 2015
Interviewed, and everything was fine until the compensation was stated. It's below the poverty level!! I made more than that on a paper route when I was 15!
Great people, fun atmosphere, but no job security and commission pay.
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 7, 2016
Day would include a morning meeting getting representatives excited for another day of work.Work was mainly answering questions for representatives and getting on their phone calls to close deals. I learned a lot about sales and how people work. The hardest part of the work day was trying to step away for a break but, for the most part, I didn't mind since I was in great company.
Pros
Fun people and excellent workplace music
Cons
Commission pay and job security lacking
able to use my experience and skills to process work load
Staff Accountant - Contract Work (Current Employee) –  Irvine CAAugust 25, 2015
I would lie to join this company and team but only a temp contract position so far.

they use a current system and very secure and no pressure to get the work done
Pros
fun and team player atmosphere
Cons
non cross training or help with other areas some have job security issues
N/a
Field Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 12, 2015
Loved working with external field resources, and the organized chaos of providing exceptional support to our inspectors.

Learned a wealth of information regarding supply chain and procurement.
Great Team to work with
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita KSMarch 17, 2013
If you are OK as a 1099 employee, this is the place to work!
Unlike other companies this one makes sure you know what you are doing. Expect to be tested on your knowledge and none of there tests are a walk in the park. I have ALWAYS been given the support that I need and VSC will always back you up & help you. No questions.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
no benefits wish we could buy into a group plan like other agencies.
Great for Retired
Inspection (Former Employee) –  ClevelandMarch 17, 2013
I loved my brief time with this company. I would still be working for them if not for lack of insurance / benefits provided. As an associate you are your own business. The freedom to work at various locations in the area was a very good experience.
Pros
great pay, gas payed by mileage
Cons
you would be required to withhold your taxes or medical insurance if required.
vsc will put you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations
source inspector (Current Employee) –  los angelesJuly 10, 2015
lenr project engagements and lern to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests on a day to day basis.learn to sharing innovative and creative ideas.
Recruitment Company
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTDecember 16, 2012
Work with contractors in various places in the Nation and Canada. Schedule all jobs, assist in any issues that arise with Contractors/Suppliers. I've learned how to coordinate multiple tasks that come up throughout the day. Each day is a different experience with new issues and resolutions. My co-workers are great in working together and helping eachother out, working as a team. The hardest part of the job is prioritzing as each issue arises, working with Management in this process. The most enjoyable part of this job is speaking with all the different contractors in different parts of the nation and Canada and building a relationship with them.
Pros
family orientated
Productive and a great place to work
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 28, 2015
Starting time was when I got up in the morning and left the house. Traveled to different locations per job orders. Hardest part of job was driving to different locations out of state. Met a lot of great people while I was traveling to locations.
Great Small Business Enviroment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 5, 2015
I found VSC a very nice place to learn the electronics industry from top-to-bottom. Everyone can get their fair chance in this small business to learn and grow and have direct input into the management and direction of the company.
A very Good Place to Work, if you need to Work Overseas.
Q.A Field Rep/Audi (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 9, 2015
A Good Place to Work, Provided the Training Needed and Good Stability. I would Recommend my Colleagues to Apply, even after Retirement.
Cons
No Health Care
Hate it
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMarch 22, 2015
This is an okay place if you need money ASAP, but please don't limit yourself. They don't care about employees. This place also does not pay well.
Pros
the people are ok
Cons
the job ius not the best
Source inspection
Contractor, CA (Current Employee) –  CaliforinaJune 18, 2014
Source inspection of complex machined parts and assy. Supply chain management and technical support services to customers including Boeing and Sikorsky. Verifying Product on multiply new contract part assemblies, ensure the quality of production, and to identify any QC challenges throughout a project. First Article approval AS9102. Final Inspection. Customer Liaison as a Source inspector.
Enjoyed My Time With Verify
Contract Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTMarch 22, 2012
The identified goals and objectives and then turned my loose to do the things that I was trained and experienced at. No micro-management.
Pros
no micro-management
Cons
insufficient hours and excessive stanby time
Independent contractor
Project Specialist Boeing Supplier Quality (Current Employee) –  Chicagoland areaJuly 21, 2012
Independent contractor for the airplane industry. I do verification and quality reports and conformaties for the airplane industry.
Pros
i do independent work and project assigments for airplane manufacturers.
Cons
i am an independent contractor and ussally my job has no health insurance, orpencion plan, and i pay my own taxes.
It's OK for part time...
Source Inspector/Auditor (former employee) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 13, 2013
I liked the work as you deal directly with the client, not VSC.
This kind of job is best suited to a retired person as it is unlikely you'll make enough money to support yourself.
DO ensure you get adequate hours (30 minimum) and DO understand exactly what a 1099 job entails (for all intents and purposes, you are self employed.
Pros
liked the work
Cons
no where near the hours expected.
A consulating company
Project Specialist - Onsite SQA/SQE, Liaison Eng. (Former Employee) –  China, Taiwan, and JapanMarch 10, 2014
Provides part time/ full time, short term/ long term contract work for professional workers in field especially for Aerospace Industry.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Company with lots of potential but big holes.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 26, 2013
Company needs more transparency between upper management and staff employees.
great experience
Customer Representative and Sale Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 29, 2014
Great place to learn new things every day. New task almost every day
An intellectually stimulating work environment
Technical Resource Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 16, 2012
I feel that I am highly valued in my workplace. I have contributed to challenging projects and have been able to leverage my previous industry skills.