VSE Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive & Fun Place
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 12, 2017
VSE is a great organization to work, very relaxed and family orientated. The Staff and management there are all about helping you become a better employee. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Great Company and people to work with
CPAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 9, 2017
An excellent company to work for. Layed off due to Federal contract expiring and expect to go back to work as soon as the new contract is awarded. The supervisors were fair and knowledgeable. The other employees were good to work with.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Outdoor work
Challenging place to work
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  GuamNovember 29, 2017
I would work for the same program again. The mission, although mostly static, does present some challenges that can be stressful at times. Having a great team made the difference.
Pros
Never boring
Cons
Can be stressful
Safety is parimount
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VANovember 28, 2017
VSE was very good about making sure you are taken care of and have everything you need to accomplish any task at hand. I would absolutely recommend anyone to work at VSE
Pros
very safe work environment
Cons
job security
Solid company to work for
Aircraft Mechanic II (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTNovember 27, 2017
I worked at VSE for about 8 months as an Aircraft Mechanic on a contract to modify a small fleet of F-15s. This job was very challenging and at times could be frustrating but I loved it. I had a great manager which that expected us to work but was very appreciative in the hard work the team put forward. If this job would have been permanent I am sure I would still be there. I could have moved within the company to another location in the US but I was just not in the right place in my life to do so.
Pros
Pay, pride in work, benefits. jobsite manager
Cons
steep learning curve, have to be careful not to be too agressive on beating timelines otherwise it is always expected
Great place to work and good atmosphere
Mechanic/Welder (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, MSNovember 13, 2017
Enjoyed the work day, not very stressfull. it was a good place to learn about all different types of vehicles, and other areas i wasnt familiar with. The most enjoying part of the job would have to be the people i worked with.
good work environment
Supply Tech & Government GSA Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Red River Army Depot, TXAugust 30, 2017
good work environment, with good people that work as a team. I love a career that I can work with a team that loves team work. We work together and we work by ourselves if called for.
I work with great people
Production Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 29, 2017
I would love to stay with this company but, contract is about to be up. Some days you do over over 40 hours a week but, it is worth it. Your pay match the hours and work load.
Great work place
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 9, 2017
Management was great, benefits were good, salary was reasonable. Work load was heavy. Good place to work and very friendly supportive co workers. Good supervision.
Pros
good work hours
Cons
long work days and on salary did not get compensated for them.
Steady pace/work schedule
Maintenance Administration and Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 19, 2017
First contract job after leaving the military and it was very military friendly. Great to work the hours you signed for without overtime and get the weekends to enjoy. I chose my hours, either 4/10s or 5/8s.
Pros
set hours
Cons
not knowing if the contract will be extended or bought out by another company
best job I ever had
ENGINEER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Ft Sm Houston, TXJuly 19, 2017
If you've been in the military, this is just like the military without all the politics. Loved this job, unfortunately I had to leave for personal reasons otherwise I am sure I would still be there.
Pros
no worry for overtime and good pay
Cons
quality control can be a stickler
Executive Assistant to the VP of Operations
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 17, 2017
As the Executive Administrative Assistant for the Vice President, I was responsible for disbursements of advance travel payments, travel reimbursements and petty cash reimbursements reconciliations. Verified office payroll accounts for processing, calculated hourly time attendance reports. Supervised and coordinated all office seminars, special events and professional meeting. Coordinated Vice-President's travel schedule, meetings and appointment calendar and office correspondence as required. Supervised three employees under Vice President Administration.
Pros
sometimes free lunch, great work environment
Cons
Good production with manageable trainning
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAJune 29, 2017
Good manageable work environment good training for entry level job. There is nothing more to say, it was a good paying job that help me support my family. I got along with others and was given an opportunity to show my 12 years experience as a Forklift Driver.
Pros
good salary
Cons
too much gossip
Great
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 29, 2017
It was nice workin with this company.My job was really easy and the only thing I had to do is make sure when the trucks pull up to take the material.d
Productive, New Challenges
Training and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  VariousJune 29, 2017
Project Basis Only. Good place to work when project(s) are available and willing to travel overseas when required. Ideal for recently separated military personnel with skill sets aligned with requirements.
Pros
Working alongside wide outstanding personnel.
Cons
Short term
Quality, safety and professional
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 19, 2017
Arrive at work station by 0615 and email a manager that I'm at work.
Use Microsoft excel which includes building formula's to monitor and inventory parts.
Use small all terrain vehicle to pick up parts from another building on Red River Army Depot. Stocked parts in correct locations and all mechanics had to sign for all parts they need.
I had learned how to run a DOD contractor supply area comparing it to my United States Marine Corps job which was aviation supply.
Everyone in the shop liked my work ethics because I usually had the day to day parts on hand. The management team were very easy to get along with and if i had questions i would ask the management.
The hardest part of the job was stocking automotive batteries once they came in, usually every other week.
The most enjoyable part of my job was that I worked by myself and set a goal of what needs to be done in a safe manner.
Pros
Loved the work atmosphere
Cons
worked 4 ten hour days. If one of these days were a holiday we only were paid for 8 hours.
Excellent employees location,
Corporate Director of Procurement (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 24, 2017
Lot's of good things, benefits, pay, life work balance, some travel, mostly routine work, cubicles and small offices for the most part, a few slackers, but mostly hard workers.
Pros
Excellent people
Cons
.Sometimes they forget who does the actual work
good family oreniated wotk place but no advancement or job security
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 19, 2017
I would come to work and know what needed to get done that day. stayed working without the need to be supervised. the management was a good mix of business minded people and family orientated. one of the only down falls is that it was government contract work so we went gaurenteed a job when the contract we worked ended unless we were awarded another contract. we were laid off at least once a year for anywhere from a week to a couple months
Ok
Gatekeeper (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 10, 2017
Working for VSE started out really well! They were so impressed with my work that they offered me a full-time position after working for them as a temp for only one week!
management
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 10, 2017
On site management sucked during my time working for this company. He has since been released from his position so the culture and environment has surely changed.