VSE Corporation Employee Reviews

Hard work pays off at this company.
Program Analyst (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Easy going people with great work ethic.
Cons: Salary is a bit on the lower end.
Anywhere you work, you are expected to work hard and/or smart. At VSE if you are able to handle numerous of responsibilities outside of the scope of your job description, it does go a long way and strengthens your job security and value. Mostly everyone is retired military so there is a work culture similar to the views and goals instilled in people who are former military. It is a relaxed atmosphere as long as the work which is necessary to be completed is being taken care of. The bottom line is always the most important, and if you cannot show how you directly effect the bottom line, you will become an after thought. Lay-offs are never of any surprise, however if you do what you're supposed to do, you can steer clear of being let go. Managers usually keep their doors open, and have no problem seeing unscheduled visitors. Ask the questions you need answers to. Judgement is not placed on people that may or may not know something. I am not former military, so many acronyms I am unaware of. There is a leadership development program (LDP) in which one must be voted into. This serves even more an an incentive to work hard in order to be voted into the LDP which then can become a fast track to being a member of the executive team. Overall, good company to work for and great place to learn and grow.
Very productive office. Good working conditions.
TRANSPORTATION COORDINATOR (Current Employee), College Park, GAMarch 10, 2015
I have talented people I work with. Immediate management makes it a very comfortable job. The work is enjoyable. I could work here and be content for many years.
Outstanding Company
SENIOR ENGINEER AND PROGRAM DEPARTMENT HEAD (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAFebruary 5, 2015
Great company that allows good growth and upward mobility.

Wonderful place for veterans to work at. Entering new markets in 2015.
Technical Writer (Current Employee), Sterling Heights, miJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: not mirco managed
Cons: not much management at all
This is a good place to work, they didn't micro manage you. Most of the people were good at what they did and we had a good team.
VSE: Should of, Could of, Would of...
Production Control Officer (Former Employee), Ladysmith, VAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: the work is fun and always changing.
Cons: upper management and inability to secure contracts.
While I enjoyed the work, upper management left a a lot to be desired. I was always worried about if and when our site would have a lay off. We went through many site managers, mostly because VSE was incapable of hiring competent managers.
VSE is a great place to transition from active duty to civilian
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: salary, coworkers, management
Cons: long hours sometimes
With about 40% veteran employment, VSE is a great place for someone to transition into civilian life. The work is challenging and the coworkers are very supportive. I like my boss and I like the job.
to cbe continued
HEM Inspector (Current Employee), vaJanuary 5, 2015
typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job

DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.

Your company review and job title will be shown publicly on Indeed.
Government Contracting
Deputy Project Manager (Former Employee), Alexandria, VANovember 5, 2014
VSE is a government contractor that is feeling the pinch of slow and lack of government contracts.
best part of job is working with skilled employees
Auto Body Painter (Former Employee), Gatesville, TXOctober 18, 2014
Pros: free medical insurance
Cons: no cons
a typical day at work was painting various military vehicles and equipment. I learned how to paint using carc paint. my work environment was very good. all employees were friendly and we all worked together. Most enjoyable part of job is painting.
Friendly to veteran workforce transitioning from active military duty to private sector.
Sr. Project Analyst/Division Manager (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 19, 2014
Cons: loss of tuition reimbursement benefit
Wonderful facility to work in providing a safe and challenging environment.
Excellant company to work for
Project Manager II / Senoir MWO Coordinator, VSE (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 31, 2014
Pros: everything was great
Cons: i didn't have any bad experiences.
I love working for VSE. The management was excellent as well as the staff they are very knowledgeable and I learnt a lot. I learnt a lot about depot maintenance. I also learnt a great deal about MWOs such as how they get applied and who is authorized to apply them. I enjoyed help all the units out that were in the Army Reserve Command. My co-works work well as a team/staff.
Not what you would think
Work Center Collateral Duty Inspector (Former Employee), China Lake, CAJuly 30, 2014
This company as a whole is terrible. The Site Managers hired have little to no experience and one mistake will cost you your job.
Nice
Production Control Clerk (Former Employee), Concord, CAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: good pay, good hours, nice people i worked with
Cons: short changed by management when it came to benefits
The job was okay it was a contract job so it only lasted for 2 years but the pay was nice and so were the people
Forced Retirement
Clerical (Former Employee), Alexandria, vaJune 24, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: mo and his cronies
They claim to be offering retirement packages to those 55 or older really if you do not take it then the RIF you. Unless you are in the good ole boys club you have no security. Other ways to have security is be young and work for less than the ones being offered retirement. VSE used to be a proud company family type atmosphere then Mo arrived all downhill after that
Important Job
Heavy Wheel Service Technician/Hull Repairman (Former Employee), KuwaitJune 24, 2014
Pros: worked in doors
Cons: management
--Typical day: working on military vehicles to support the War Fighter mission
-- Learned: I learned that poor management will lead to loss of contract
-- Management: Not really
--The hardest part: having to find a new contract because you are told this one was lost.
-- The most enjoyable part of the job
good
Security /Maintenance Worker lead (Former Employee), mdJune 13, 2014
Security Lead for the guard contingent at the Army Reserve Depot.
Establish, monitor, maintain, and publish a weekly work schedule, providing
copies to IAP and each guard. Monitor and forward guard reports to client and IAP
at the required frequency. Provide (or delegate) new guard personnel site
orientation and SOP instruction. Notify IAP of all personnel issues.Relay client-
delivered guidance relating to contract performance. Inform IAP of issues or
conditions effecting mission accomplishment.Verify time cards for each guard.
At the 99th Regional Support Command - Army Reserve in Baltimore MD
Inspect GSA vehicle at start of shift, Walk the pier at least once per hour looking
for civilian watercraft near the pier or Army watercraft, Check vessels, mooring
lines, drafts, brows, battery charges, fuel oil day tanks, bilge boilers, and alarms-
multiple times each day, Drive the perimeter of the depot and the Brandt
USAR center at least twice daily, Take draft readings at beginning of shift and
compare to prior shift Readings, Possible light supervised maintenance, Possible
limited forklift use, Maintain safe working conditions at the pier during adverse
weather conditions to include light snow removal in the winter
Perform safety inspections to include identifying and/or reporting leaks, flooding,
fires, accidents, and hazardous material spills Maintain ships' logs, documenting
irregularities found Following up on all sign-in sheets to insure they are complete
and there is a leave request to go along
Enjoyed work schedual
Paint Technician (Former Employee), Gatesville, TXMay 29, 2014
Enjoyed felow employees......It had been some time since I had worked within a group to acheive success. It proved to be a valued asset.
Liked working at VSE Corporation
Data Technician (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 4, 2014
Mostly data entry, I did like working at VSE but, because this job was contracted with the government it was short lived. The installation was relocated and I could not follow the job to it's new location.
no entertainment on the job
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), mina abdoula, kuwait kgl siteFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: we took lunch from 11:30-13:00
Cons: short breaks were 15 minutes and there were 4 per day.
i sometimes did not like or enjoy the work environment. because some of our supervisors abused their positions in an attempt to intimate some employees which caused much unnecessary tensions. it was a daily ball bursting nonstop grind.i learned to install every upgrade on both series of tanks. the hardest part of the job was keeping yourself away from being part of the job politics and properly handling your frustationssince we performed these upgrades in iraq and kuwait. it could be very frustrating at times especially with every missing thrir families. it really didn't too much to set anyone off under those conditions. they were frequent occurences.
Great Place
Office Manager (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAFebruary 24, 2014
VSE Corporation was a great place to work and wonderful people to work with. Enjoyed my tenure there.