VSP Employee Reviews in United States

I have tremendous respect for VSP and enjoyed working and learning many valuable skills in several different areas of VSP Global.
Contracted Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 4, 2016
Great Place and Benefits
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 23, 2016
Includes 50+ calls a day for members and Dr for their eye insurance or processing claims. I learned how to process claim information for the Dr offices. Management is good, minimal supervision. Co-workers are great, you work on your own mostly. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the members with understanding their coverage and helping out when they need something.
Forward thinking and innovative
Complaints and Appeals Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 26, 2016
VSP is always trying to think ahead of the industry and implement changes that will carry the company as a whole in new directions to meet every growing and changing industry environment.

VSP has created a culture that promotes loyalty, fun and work/life balance. Through recognition, trust and partnerships employees are able to develop and grow, enriching and strengthening the work force.
Pros
Fun, growth opportunities, recognition, trust, empowerment
Cons
Limited telecommuting radius
productive workplace
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 11, 2016
typical work day was 10 hours, all clerical work. i learned alot of different skills relating to clerical work,my co-workers were very helpful, hardest part of the job was all the over time, and the most enjoyable was finding new ways to get jobs done
benefits
Cons
overtime everyday
Overall A great expirence
Senior Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 3, 2015
I really enjoyed working for a branch DC for 5 of my seven years. A management switch in the last year killed any kind of "friendly" or "enjoyable" feelings that going to work did have those previous 5-6 years. Example: Almost forced and very encouraged to never speak to co-workers that are not your supervisor or Lead, Started using a units per person system for judging performance that was very inaccurate as well as uncontrollable.
free coffee
Mailroom/Clerical Trainee (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 20, 2015
I had a fun filled day of stuffing envelopes ,collating packets, preparing mailings, and labeling envelopes. I learned a lot about Mailroom business and my co-workers were fine,,and there was nothing hard about the job.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Great work life balance
Marketing Events - Tradeshow Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 15, 2015
Great work life balance in a relaxed work environment
Non profit pay with excellent benefits
Ability to move throughout company vertically or laterally
Pros
Lots of free food and events and nice people
Cons
Corporate enviroment
Good training pay
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 4, 2015
Pay was good during training, but not enough training to help on the job. Started off great, but slowly realized its not the job for me.
Overall great place to work.
Customer Care Rep (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioJuly 27, 2015
Overall a great place to work. However there is very little work to life balance. Scheduling is based off of a shift bid which happens every four months. Little consistancy.
Pros
Opprtunity for growth, Additional training offered, Overall good enviorment.
Cons
Scheduling, Work to life balance.
Handled all insurance information for customers and answered more than 200 calls in a day
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 6, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company but this type of position was not for me. I do recommend that people work for them though because they are a great place to work and take care of the employees.
example and productive fun at VSP as a Clerical Assistant
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2015
.I was a hard worker always on time and accpected new responsibilities I was always eager and open to learning new things and take on new responsibilities
Pros
Lunchies was wonderful in Internal Medicine
Cons
I took fifteen minutes breaks
Fun work environment, interesting
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Westmoreland State Park, VAJune 14, 2015
Typical Work Day

- The work-days very depending what needs to be done around the state park you are stationed at.

What I Learned

- Always be prepared for anything as the old saying goes " hope for the best, prepare for the worst."

- The management at times is questionable, because many of the supervisors, who are in charge of the individual crews at the different state parks, are college students and can let the power go over their head.

Co-workers

- The co-workers you work with will differ from mine because you only work for three weeks must reapply to work again, making working with the same co-workers rare.

The Hardest Part of the Job

-The hardest part of the job is keeping pace at times.

The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job

-Getting to experience and do what many can't.
Pros
Free meals, entertainment, lodging, and great experiences
Cons
No healthcare, must reapply to work again each year
Good employer to work for.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 18, 2015
VSP is very active in community outreach. The company is innovative and forward thinking. They encourage employees to think outside of the box, to come up with new ideas and better ways to do business.
Very positive environment from both a worker and leadership perspective.
Pros
Monthly cake day, encourage fitness, healthy living and strong community envolvement.
Great Company
Provider Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 16, 2015
VSP is a great place to work. I worked in the provider relations department, issuing authorizations to providers office and working with customers to make sure that all benefits were clear and easy to understand.
Productive Workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 16, 2015
Had to be at work from 6:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. sometimes I also have to work 12 hours.

The hardest part of the job was working on the line. you have to try to keep with the line.
Productive, Informative, Worth It
Mail Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 19, 2015
my experience at VSP was very useful, taught me a lot, and fun. I love to work with people and be in an active environment. I enjoyed walking around to the different building and pick up/delivering mail.
Pros
teaches life skills
Cons
not enough positions to stay there
Great workplace
Cosmetic Eyeglass Inspector (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 25, 2015
My typical day at work was to come in and get started on whatever orders that were ready to be shipped, on the line. I inspected eyeglasses for alignment, right color and correct type. I learned a lot about the eyeglass industry. It's not a bad industry to get into. Management was great for the most part, one supervisor was far more accessible than the other. My co-workers varied in attitudes but for the most part, were very pleasant and good workers. The hardest part of my job was my job itself. I think it was only hard because it was a very crucial part of the company. I saw every order before being shipped. A lot rested on me, which I think also made it the most enjoyable part of my job because I really take pride in my work.
Pros
cupcake days
Cons
the times we were to clock in and begin our days varied.
Business Analyst/Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Overall good work environment that fosters collaboration and support. Co-workers are nice and friendly. The company has been going through a number of changes for last several years.
The VSP service is and was a very good job for people who become Disabled
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 26, 2015
I enjoyed my time there while I was getting back into the work force from my injury
Pros
the pros are you are in an enviorment that wants you to get back on your feet after a brain injury
Cons
their are no cons
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 13, 2015
very fun place to work, ping pong and pool table. A lot of diversity within the company. Company offers room for advancement within
Pros
close to freeway
Cons
shift bids every quarter