VSP Employee Reviews

Great employee appreciation, fun pod competitions, cake day!
Client Broker Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 17, 2017
A great place to work. Busy at times, especially during the beginning of the year, end of the year, and open enrollment times. Also chances of getting off early too. Employees are definitely shown appreciation! Started as a CSR, left as a Client Broker Rep.
Pretty Cool Gig
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 9, 2017
The downside to working as a CSR would be taking calls. Sometimes there is limited support and you can accidentally give incorrect information to a Dr/Member. Overall its not that bad. Great pay and benefits.
Job experience in a hospital setting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 26, 2017
It gave me recent experience in customer service. It gave me experience with interpersonal skills with assisting clients to desired locations. The hardest part of my job was learning the different locations of the hospital.
Pros
Compensation for training, good working atomsphere
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, etc.
Marketing Director
Strategic Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 21, 2017
Company actively growing and needed more sophisticated marketing and building of team.

Excellent company with many lifers as they really enjoyed working there. Care about employees and work/life balance.

Lots of cooperation between units and resources were available to develop and run new programs. Pilot programs encouraged..

National to International progress. Many companies acquired t achieve this goal.
Pros
Atmosphere, people, work/life balance
Cons
No sure of moving into social media and new ways of communication.
Fast Pace
centeral breakage (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 20, 2017
typical day at vsp ,would get right to work I did central breakage so I made sure the breakages in the lab were correct and with the right lens. Management was amazing loved everyone that was there, The culture was in a lab so it could get hectic but its all about team work at vsp they had great people who worked there, Its easy to in put something in the computer wrong so over look everything you do and sometimes people would mess up and I would have to find out what happen but overall it was awesome job. I enjoyed the management the team work and he employers, They took good care of us.
Pros
free lunches free cupcakes
Cons
na
Intern
Intern, Technical Assistance Center (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 7, 2017
I was an intern. No pay. Very friendly people. Part of the school that i want to. Would have liked to be permanently hired their. Very nice company to work for
Honest truth
Support - Temp (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJuly 16, 2017
I love it their at VSP. When i first started i felt welcomed as if i have been working their for ever. It pretty laid back with no stress or anything.
Busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 14, 2017
It was a very fasted paced stressful environment to work in. Because of the stress level management did fun things to keep moral going and keep people motivated.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
location
VSP was a fine job
Security Admin (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 18, 2017
When I worked at VSP the culture in IT was in a state of change. There was a lot of turn over which some may seem as an issue but I think the company is for the better. I had a good time working there.
Good balance between challenging and opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 6, 2017
Good company to work for. Some teams are better than others. The employees are loyal and the call center is top notch. Executive team is approachable.
Fun place to work
Technician /Team Lead/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 30, 2017
Work was with desktop support, visiting people at their desks. Support staff worked hard and played hard. Users liked support staff. Supported local and regional members.
Pros
Cake day
Cons
long hours, management not behind staff members
Gaol oriented and motivative workplace
optimistic (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 14, 2017
A strong and carriage, very motivated at work and willing to ensure company goals.i really enjoy working at this Company.I have learned a lot at this company including hands on training and the use of ideas to solve some computer issue.the most most thing I like about in the company is they nix with different culture and all working together and happy to achieve company goals.every good thing there is bad, this place is sometimes difficult to work because of some reasons which I cant include in the subject.i really enjoy working at this company because the management called all employees every month to see day to day running of the business and how to solve this problems.Thank you. am looking forward to here from you soon.overall vsp is the bestplaceto work.
Pros
free lunches sometimes, discount of eyeglasses insurance and many more
Cons
first aid, good mentainance but too short breaks
Fast paced
Laborer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 31, 2016
It was always exciting coming to work at VSP. Always something new ahead and fun to learn. The great bosses and supervisors always made for a great time at work.
Pros
Fun work
Cons
Tiring
It was ok working there
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 26, 2016
A day at VSP would be clocking in at 5:30A.M. and clocking out at 5:45P.M. packing parts and making sure they go too the wright place to be ship off.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
No healthcare plans
Productive enviroment
Contract Representative (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2016
• Educate clients with specific insurance package plan
• Interact with members directly, helping them understand the necessity of annual eye exams and eye care
• Display required information’s visible for clients to take
Avoid working here
Optical Technician (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 8, 2016
Well, as an optical technician I worked with machines and routines that were relatively new to the company, and management seemed to misunderstand how this worked pretty often. This was a very common source of frustration for everyone involved; I often felt pressured when they told me daily to get better numbers, but they wouldn't listen when I attempted explaining problems in the way that were out of my control that actually was their responsibility (to contact the manufacturer) and not mine. Since they hire a lot of temps and that's how I was hired, they seemed to treat me like I was just another idiot. Well, after they went overkill on explaining the need for numbers to me, my responsibilities started increasing as they sent other people home early and left me alone to close my department out by myself, which involved a LOT of responsibilities in production and cleaning. Too much to get done in too short of time.

But again, they don't know what goes into this these responsibilities. During the winter in particular, more work orders come in and hence more overtime. To a point that I didn't even see the sun for weeks, working for 10-12 hours a day, without even getting days off, or only one day off. And for $10 an hour the pay still kinda sucks. I was eager to work hard here because I was unemployed previously, but often felt the more I did the more I dealt with a highly unprofessional attitude. They always found ways to complain no matter how much effort I put into it. Maybe this level of extreme micromanagement works to pressure some employees, but I just looked at it
  more... like it was time to find another job as it threatened my job security seeing them appearing to be so discontent.

As long as this review already is, I feel I'm not even beginning to scratch the surface of problems that I witnessed here. I'll try to wrap this up. The short version is this place is very busy, very demanding to a point that I had to sacrifice sleep and food, family time, etc. and in spite of it, I felt some people tried to attack my position out of some strange drama I didn't quite get. There were indiscretions I was pulled into, even discriminated against for my disability (to be fair that was properly addressed eventually, but only when it became their problem - they did not listen to me about it before it was their problem too) and all of their complaints could be resolved a little better if they could actually treat their employees right. I quit this place without any real employment security lined up even with a family to provide for, simply because I wanted to see them again.
Pros
Available positions for the most part
Cons
Well, pretty much everything else...
Great vision benefits
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 31, 2016
Fast paced environment , great co-workers and management , players.Great vision benefits, and events. great opportunities for learn about lenses. Correct lenses that were returned.
Pros
good benefits for vision
I have tremendous respect for VSP and enjoyed working and learning many valuable skills in several different areas of VSP Global.
Contracted Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 4, 2016
Great Place and Benefits
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 23, 2016
Includes 50+ calls a day for members and Dr for their eye insurance or processing claims. I learned how to process claim information for the Dr offices. Management is good, minimal supervision. Co-workers are great, you work on your own mostly. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the members with understanding their coverage and helping out when they need something.
Forward thinking and innovative
Complaints and Appeals Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 26, 2016
VSP is always trying to think ahead of the industry and implement changes that will carry the company as a whole in new directions to meet every growing and changing industry environment.

VSP has created a culture that promotes loyalty, fun and work/life balance. Through recognition, trust and partnerships employees are able to develop and grow, enriching and strengthening the work force.
Pros
Fun, growth opportunities, recognition, trust, empowerment
Cons
Limited telecommuting radius