VT Group Employee Reviews

Defense Contractor
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 18, 2017
Mostly retired or veterans employed. Security clearance required. Many of the jobs required extended time in field training or assisting US Army units. Good work environment overall. Can be stressful.
Pros
Good work environment overall.
Cons
Many of the jobs required extended time in field
Good Group of employees like family
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 28, 2017
I've loved working there for over the past 14 years. VT Group is a good place to work. Everyday is a great day at work. The work environment is always friendly & business casual
Pros
People you work with
Cons
healthcare
Good place to work, contgract based
Senior Technical Analyst / Provisioning Analyst IV (Former Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal ALJune 28, 2017
Work load it balanced, but can be slow at times. Management is great, and works with employees with issues like time off and leave. Interactive group working with government personnel and private contractors.
terrible
Grinder/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 22, 2017
I worked only one shift at this company before I quit. Numerous years in this trade but just hired for a very basic position. Which by all means I was fine with. The day I started and had almost none of the necessary equipment for me to do the job. Basically had to work harder because of the management diddnt buy the correct tools or equipment for the job. But that was not why I quit. I spoke with the foreman right before I left and he was going over their tracking system that you had to fill out with a paper and pen which is so old school. Directly after told me based on what I would do there each day is how much I would get paid. Basically stating if you do a more skilled job for 2 hours you make this much a hour then if you have to clean a machine you would make min wage. It was a total joke and unreasonable job. terrible equipment and old school ways of doing production style work. I wouldn't waste your time and go work for a company that provides new equipment. This was just another company that wants you to bust your butt for as little pay as possible.
Pros
coworkers for the day were cool
Cons
everything else
okay
employee (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 8, 2017
On the bright side: Relaxed Environment, friendly coworkers.

On the dark side: Unrealistic deadlines are required with little resources to complete the task requested on such short notice.
Pros
quite work space, no delegation from management
Cons
unrealistic Deadlines, unresponsive Managers, Lack of resources to complete jobs, set up to fail
Fun, upbeat enviroment
Payroll Manager, Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 1, 2017
Overall, VT Group is a good company. As for my position, as long as I get payroll done and done correctly, I can come and go on my hours that I choose. I currently work Monday thru Thursday in the office and Friday from home.
Pros
There are perks.
Cons
The commute
Not a nice place to work.
Electronics Technician I (Former Employee) –  99-994 Iwaena St., Aiea HI 96701May 8, 2017
High turnover ratio very unprofessional management team at Oahu branch. Very stressful environment with increased work load and minimal personnel. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
health care benefits are excellent
Cons
Stressful work place with low compensation for jobs performed
first job in my field
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scappoose, ORMay 5, 2017
I'm thankful that VT Group gave me my first accounting job. They provide free lunches for employees and there are many fun employee parties. It was an interesting experience.
Fedral integration machine
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 20, 2017
VT group, which has seriously condensed its operations size and scope looks great on paper, but has significant management impediments that create a positive working environment.
Pros
did have forward technical vision
Cons
mid and senior management highly political and ruthless
Good Place to work
Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Bluemont, VAMarch 13, 2017
Very Good Place to work with fairly good compensation and benefits. Only thing I would change is to be compensated a little better with added vacation time and sick time.
Well rounded job experience
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 24, 2016
Teams and individuals do several different jobs in addition to their job classifications. Little overtime unless production requirements dictate otherwise. Coworkers provide a lot of support as needed.
Pros
Technical support provided as needed.
Cons
Stopped making matching 401-K Contributions. Low pay.
Meridian Automation and Communication, I was an unsupervised installer and created proposals
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 11, 2016
Meridian was a smaller company, so I wore many hats. I would install/troubleshoot data and voice as well as intercom systems. I enjoyed being able to dispatch myself to the jobs and complete the work on my own. We rarely worked in teams, but, when we did I enjoyed this very much. I received good experience in the industrial environment
Ruled by the profits made and lost.
QUALITY ASSURANCE INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HIFebruary 10, 2016
Most days were unplanned, work was determined in the morning. I learned Navy vs other services and contracts. If you like the Navy it was good at times. Management was disorganized or uninformative, learning your new job was OJT. Watch your back. The hardest part was figuring out what was expected.
Horrible Corporate Management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 15, 2015
After three buy outs and incompetent leadership, this company is in a tailspin. Hired one business development person after another without any success. Run away from this company
Pros
Local leadership
Cons
Incompentent Corporate Leadership.
Exciting Company; Good People;
General Manager, Southeast USA (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 5, 2015
Enjoyed turning around the division and the increased responsibilities I was given as a result of successful performance.
Great company
UAS/UAV Field Service Technician/SME (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 5, 2015
I have been employed for 3 years now, great company to work for. Great management, always willing to work with employees to meet needs.
I would rather work fast food than at this company. It sucks.
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 6, 2015
The company's management is very unstable. It has horrible upward mobility. Many low level coworkers feel like they own the company by constantly stabbing each other in the back. There are basically no company sponsored activities outside of work. Company has been sold many times with no progress made. Shady business all across the board.
Pros
Clients are friendlier than coworkers
Cons
Overall very good company I had the pleasure of working for.
Field Service Representative (UAS Pilot) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 1, 2015
Deployed environment typical of military surroundings.
Long days, 4-6 month rotations with great benefits. Most enjoyable part of the job, was the job itself!
Great company and people
Assembler 2 (Former Employee) –  Virginia BeachDecember 31, 2014
I would go back to work for this company in a heart beat to help out anyone else in this company very family helpful people if you have a problem and need time off all you have to do is ask.
Pros
Great people and pay
Cons
shipyard work.
If you want this job you are desperate
Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  Homewood,AlNovember 26, 2014
There is absolutely no advancement with this company. Should have never have worked for them. This branch has poor management. Complains about overtime but neglects to hire more people. Overall horrible company.
Pros
Can be flexible with hours.
Cons
No advancement. Overworked and underpaid. Poor management . Poor benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VT Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5