VT Hackney Employee Reviews

Poor management with multiple safety hazards!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kidron, OHMay 20, 2017
A typical day at work consists of no supervision, broken tools, no stock to do your job effectively and being encouraged by your supervisor to do more work. Company claims to be family oriented, but it is far from the truth. There was no opportunity to grow with them and you basically stay in the same job unless you know someone who will promote you. They do not recognize their hardest workers. There are multiple problems with safety issues that were addressed and never dealt with at all. No ventilation for any of the fumes in the plant I worked in. There was no enjoyable part of this job other than moving to a company who cared about my safety, as well as, the safety of the people working for them.
Pros
Day shift
Cons
Read the review as they are multiple
good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 16, 2017
great management. the company was more involved in everyday activities. there was often safety meetings and several opportunities to advance and work together
Good job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSApril 30, 2017
Good pay and good benifits. Morning hours are good me managers are good. Was looking for a night is why I left. Would return anytime. Good atmosphere to work in.
Great company through and through just wish benefits were better but overall great company.
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSMarch 7, 2017
Great company with good job security. Always job openings and they are big on hiring within the company. The work week hours are Monday through Thursday so the 4 10 hour shifts are nice. They always have lots of work and gives employees plenty of overtime. They care about their employees which makes for a great environment to work in. Very clean facilities.
Pros
Job advancement opportunities, job security, 4 10 hour shifts with overtime
Benefits
always had a good time at work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Kidron, OHAugust 9, 2014
my co. workers were very helpfull,there was never a dumb queston. the lead men were always asking you if you were ok an need any help, i also learned how to work on completing electrical circuits.
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
na
Good place to work, overtime avaliable
Sub-Assembly Welder (Current Employee) –  Independence, KSDecember 18, 2012
i enjoy working for Hackney, there are many good people from all walks of life, and good team leaders, Hackneys management does leave much to be desired, they do not have a good understanding of how the plant runs in practice. a typical day at work is a 10 hour day, with three breaks including lunch, i find the hardest part of the job is the hustle to get your weekly schedule done on time while having to deal with the hasstle of running parts down from many different parts of the building, i enjoy my co-workers most about the job, they are good people to work with, they are funny easygoing for the most part, and will provide assistance with anything you need if you ask
Pros
four tens, overtime available, co-workers
Cons
short breaks, low pay but not to little to live on, management
A ok place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Kidron, OHOctober 30, 2012
The welding position i had was not difficult, the envioroment itself was hard to b around. There was little to no training involved and a oerson is just thrown into work not being told really what to do or what the actual requirments for the job are. My application was misread and there for caused issues between my employer and myself. Overall if givin more training im sure we would have worked out. I did love the experiance i got there and thank them for the oppertunity to learn aluminum mig.
Pros
worked aloan
Cons
not properly trained
Nice job for someone needing experience.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCOctober 26, 2012
A typical day at work is hectic with daily workload always changing. The employees are great to work with but the company needs to invest more in more up to date equipment. The hardest part is that we are micro-managed.
Very fast paced
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, PASeptember 23, 2012
Was able to work with a few friends and family members. Non stop power drilling and riveting through aluminum and steel making tractor trailers.