VT Halter Marine Employee Reviews

Employee focused work environment with advancement Opportunity
(ILS) Manager (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSApril 5, 2016
Busy from the time of arrival until days end. Managed and resolved multiple issues identifying work around where necessary on a daily basis. Interface with co-worker, senior leadership (customer and internal) on a daily basis. Exceptional communication, negotiating and writing skills required.
Pros
Co-workers and Leadership reps
Cons
Salary was one half what I used to make for doing twice the work.
Productive it was and good job
Tool Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJuly 15, 2016
Productive and a nice place to work , had good coworker at VT Halter and I had a good supervisor the tool room was a good job for me I enjoyed it ,the people good but I had some good days and some bad days wanna to retire from there but unfortunately I was layoff
Pros
no free lunches but they did have lunch at the yard that we can buy
Cons
Short breaks and very good healthcare
it's alright
Painter/Blaster (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 7, 2016
A great place to work but no opportunity for advancement. Bad management.I got laid off. Would never work there again, even if they rehired me
ok company
shipfitter (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSAugust 17, 2016
An ok company to work for. Not so great if you are on contract. Benefits are not that great either, especially if you have a family.
ok to work
Class A Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 15, 2016
its ok to work there . they are fast to cut you lose . and there management needs work . work day was busy and confusing all there welds had to be recut to be fitted off and gouged a lot of pre welded flanges off . a lot of mirror welding .
It was very unorganized there.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJuly 8, 2016
It has been a while since I worked there, but when I was there management was lacking and we got subpar help with equipment/tools.
Enjoyable place to work.
Project-Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MsMarch 18, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at VT Halter. I hated to have to leave there, but understood the cutbacks made due to lack of work (contracts). The people are close knit and like family. They are willing to share their knowledge to help you perform your job better.
Pros
people, hours, benefits & pay
halter marine
A-Class Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJanuary 26, 2016
alrite place to work, laid back ,boss helps out when needed. 12 hour work day helps to get stuff done , just wished I could work more days out of the week
Pros
longer breaks
Great Company
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJanuary 24, 2015
Great company, I enjoyed working for the company. Unable to receive benefits
Enjoyed working at VT Halter Marine.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSMay 29, 2015
I have learned a lot about the Maritime Industry. Most enjoyable part of my job was coordinating and planning milestone events established in the Contracts (Govt. and Private Corporations). Events such as the Keel Laying, Launching & Christening Ceremonies. I enjoyed learning how to create, maintain, analyze and adjust monthly EAC's, Material Variance reports, Change Order Logs, and Budget Transfers. Probably the best experience I'll take from working at Halter, will be the life long friendships I've been blessed to have made with my co-workers in all departments. If I had not been a part of the Program Management team, I probably would not have had the opportunity to get to know so many people throughout the company.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Low pay for the amount of work that was expected of me.
Shipfitter joiner (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSOctober 30, 2015
good place to work but to much unconcern far as work stability lack good management and planning. But good to people to work for.
Pros
Cons
10 mini break
very demanding job
Fitter/ plant maint (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJuly 1, 2013
good friends to work around with good management the hardest part of this jobis to make the hr;s your alowed
Pros
insurance 401k......
Building oil tankers and Tug boats
First Class Marine Electrician (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSApril 21, 2013
Knowledge in mass liquid & Oil storage ships and NOAA ships has a lot of safety issues to fix dangerous place to work.
Pros
extra overtime
Cons
no benefits
My First Week Of The Job
Cable Puller (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSOctober 23, 2014
When i first got there i already felt that it was an new challenge on me so i learn to adapt to my new surroundings on sight an the management is all about safety tips an staying safe on the yard because is so many ways to get hurt out that or die an co-workers are just as normal people on the street so know who to talk to or just stay solo the hardest part is pretty much having to deal with unhappy supervisors but it all just an test to have to remember to stay focus in the main time i will say the most enjoyable part have to be when i start working an know what i am doing so i can finish what i starting.
Hands on with the Production Team
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJune 28, 2015
Being a small shipyard, I was to be involved with all requirements of the shipbuilding industry. This may mean I would be assisting with the ordering of parts needed one day. Or the next in the yard, assisting with termination issues. This allowed me see all aspects of the design process from beginning to the end.
Pros
Wide arrangemnent of tasks
Cons
Poor planning
Always enjoyed doing my job
Shipfitter (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSSeptember 1, 2015
Followed good safety rules and allowed employees to exceed expectations in working with others and working out solutions to problems.
decent place to work, but pay scale is way to low for the industry. No communication in management.
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJuly 29, 2013
The co-workers are good people. Everyone tries to help each other. The problem with it is there is no communication in management. You will get 4 different answers from 3 different bosses.
Pros
none that i can think of.
Cons
hot, tiring, safety only applies to who they want it to apply to.
Being a Welders helper
Welder Helper (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSAugust 7, 2014
My days are hot! It starts with daily safety meetings and daily task plan! My supervisors are very knowledgeable and helpful . I am currently learning how to weld. The hardest part of the day is dealing with the heat but we are allowed to take breaks, get water and cool off when needed. I enjoy my job and learning new task!
Pros
optional over time, welding classes
Cons
heat and dirty enviroment
Opportunities to learn
1st Class Shipfitter (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSDecember 31, 2014
It a great company to work for and I enjoyed working with the fellow co-worker. But I learned a lot even worker with electrician any opportunities learn a different craft I volunteer and will to learn.
Very good company
Executive Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSAugust 16, 2013
VT Halter Marine was a very good company to work for with very professional managent. I enjoyed working there very much

VT Halter Marine Reviews by Location