VT Halter Marine Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Decent place to work
pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSAugust 8, 2017
Work wasn't so bad most if the people were friendly. The labour wasn't bad I enjoyed it most of the time my 2.5 years I was there. My bosses were good to work for
cruel and unusual
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJuly 30, 2017
They don't provide you any of the proper ppe or equipment to complete a task. The supervisors do not care for any employee's if you fall they well automatic termination of contract.
No contracts
Crane Operator/Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJuly 16, 2017
I wood make up from forty to two hundred lifts a day whip line lifts work one to three heavy lifts a week I am a NCCCO operator crane picker rigger forklift
Pros
Halter paide for school
Cons
No work
Management is all buddy buddy so if you're not in the click, your chances of advancing is slim
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJune 22, 2017
I worked for this company for many years and sacrificed a lot of family time in order to set myself apart from all my Co workers. It use to be a great place up until the new management came in. To many bosses not enough (leaders). It's a few good ones in there, but the bad one out weights the good by a long stretch. H.R. doesn't really help anymore because everyone is job scared with the new management because they rule with an iron fist, meaning if you challenge their authority or complain about the treatment of the bosses, then you might be looking for employment. All in all this company could be one of the best company on the coast if they had the mind to care for their employees and not their bank accounts. They greatly need a union!!!!
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Management, H. R. Is not the same, too many superintendents
Blaster/Painter (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSApril 30, 2017
It's a good job. There's plenty of work there. They are great with safety. The hours are great. I've been at halter many years and it's the best decision.
my reviews
Electrical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSApril 20, 2017
Went to work with them to finished some projects that I was working on with another company. finished up the project and left for a better job with a different company
Pros
not alot
Cons
not the best place to work
Material Coordinator
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Escatawpa, MSApril 7, 2017
To much overhead, could not get needed materials to perform job. This company needs to be restructured from the top. Enjoyed working with my co-workers.
great place to work but a lowest pay compared to other shipyards
Pipefitter/Outside Machinist (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 31, 2017
It's a starter job but there is no job security unless you work for the actual company itself which I was a contractor. Supervisor jobs are handed out to those that are NOT deserving but as to who you know and are you family.
Pros
a place to start
Cons
poor management
Vt Halter Marine
LABORER (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSDecember 21, 2016
Clean out man-hole, paint, and pull cables. Sandblast, place equipment on pallets. Co workers was great to work with, and the work was enjoyable, I learned a lot about safety.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Layoffs
Great group of people dedicated to their jobs!
Chief Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSSeptember 26, 2016
A Shipyard is a difficult environment to work in but everyone supports each other to get the job done, Courtesy, dignity and respect! The industry is facing some difficult challenges with the downturn in oil prices.
Pros
Everyone is valued and respected.
Cons
Industry instability
ok company
shipfitter (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSAugust 17, 2016
An ok company to work for. Not so great if you are on contract. Benefits are not that great either, especially if you have a family.
Productive it was and good job
Tool Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJuly 15, 2016
Productive and a nice place to work , had good coworker at VT Halter and I had a good supervisor the tool room was a good job for me I enjoyed it ,the people good but I had some good days and some bad days wanna to retire from there but unfortunately I was layoff
Pros
no free lunches but they did have lunch at the yard that we can buy
Cons
Short breaks and very good healthcare
It was very unorganized there.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJuly 8, 2016
It has been a while since I worked there, but when I was there management was lacking and we got subpar help with equipment/tools.
Employee focused work environment with advancement Opportunity
(ILS) Manager (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSApril 5, 2016
Busy from the time of arrival until days end. Managed and resolved multiple issues identifying work around where necessary on a daily basis. Interface with co-worker, senior leadership (customer and internal) on a daily basis. Exceptional communication, negotiating and writing skills required.
Pros
Co-workers and Leadership reps
Cons
Salary was one half what I used to make for doing twice the work.
ok to work
Class A Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 15, 2016
its ok to work there . they are fast to cut you lose . and there management needs work . work day was busy and confusing all there welds had to be recut to be fitted off and gouged a lot of pre welded flanges off . a lot of mirror welding .
it's alright
Painter/Blaster (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 7, 2016
A great place to work but no opportunity for advancement. Bad management.I got laid off. Would never work there again, even if they rehired me
halter marine
A-Class Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJanuary 26, 2016
alrite place to work, laid back ,boss helps out when needed. 12 hour work day helps to get stuff done , just wished I could work more days out of the week
Pros
longer breaks
Shipfitter joiner (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSOctober 30, 2015
good place to work but to much unconcern far as work stability lack good management and planning. But good to people to work for.
Pros
Cons
10 mini break
Always enjoyed doing my job
Shipfitter (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSSeptember 1, 2015
Followed good safety rules and allowed employees to exceed expectations in working with others and working out solutions to problems.
Hands on with the Production Team
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJune 28, 2015
Being a small shipyard, I was to be involved with all requirements of the shipbuilding industry. This may mean I would be assisting with the ordering of parts needed one day. Or the next in the yard, assisting with termination issues. This allowed me see all aspects of the design process from beginning to the end.
Pros
Wide arrangemnent of tasks
Cons
Poor planning