VT Halter Marine

VT Halter Marine Employer Reviews

Opportunities to learn
1st Class Shipfitter (Former Employee), Moss Point, MSDecember 31, 2014
It a great company to work for and I enjoyed working with the fellow co-worker. But I learned a lot even worker with electrician any opportunities learn a different craft I volunteer and will to learn.
My First Week Of The Job
Cable Puller (Former Employee), Moss Point, MSOctober 23, 2014
When i first got there i already felt that it was an new challenge on me so i learn to adapt to my new surroundings on sight an the management is all about safety tips an staying safe on the yard because is so many ways to get hurt out that or die an co-workers are just as normal people on the street so know who to talk to or just stay solo the hardest part is pretty much having to deal with unhappy supervisors but it all just an test to have to remember to stay focus in the main time i will say the most enjoyable part have to be when i start working an know what i am doing so i can finish what i starting.
Good work place
Welder (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSSeptember 22, 2014
The ship yard in moss point is a small one but a good one to work for.
Being a Welders helper
Welder Helper (Current Employee), Pascagoula, MSAugust 7, 2014
Pros: optional over time, welding classes
Cons: heat and dirty enviroment
My days are hot! It starts with daily safety meetings and daily task plan! My supervisors are very knowledgeable and helpful . I am currently learning how to weld. The hardest part of the day is dealing with the heat but we are allowed to take breaks, get water and cool off when needed. I enjoy my job and learning new task!
fast pace
Tacker/Helper (Former Employee), Moss Point, MSMay 6, 2014
love working with metal, welding.. enjoyed showing the guys i could keep up with them
Very good company
Executive Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSAugust 16, 2013
VT Halter Marine was a very good company to work for with very professional managent. I enjoyed working there very much
decent place to work, but pay scale is way to low for the industry. No communication in management.
forklift operator (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSJuly 29, 2013
Pros: none that i can think of.
Cons: hot, tiring, safety only applies to who they want it to apply to.
The co-workers are good people. Everyone tries to help each other. The problem with it is there is no communication in management. You will get 4 different answers from 3 different bosses.
very demanding job
Fitter/ plant maint (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSJuly 1, 2013
Pros: insurance 401k......
good friends to work around with good management the hardest part of this jobis to make the hr;s your alowed
Building oil tankers and Tug boats
First Class Marine Electrician (Former Employee), Moss Point, MSApril 21, 2013
Pros: extra overtime
Cons: no benefits
Knowledge in mass liquid & Oil storage ships and NOAA ships has a lot of safety issues to fix dangerous place to work.
Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee), Pascagoula, MSMay 11, 2012
A typical day at work starts at 7:30 AM and ends at 4:30 PM. Time is spent all day at the computer scheduling/planning and ordering material.

About VT Halter Marine

Singapore Technologies Engineering owns a group of engineering firms divided into four business segments: Aerospace, Electronics, – Read more