Vulcan Materials Company

Vulcan Materials Company Employer Reviews

Great Company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Decatur, ILSeptember 25, 2014
Great company and I enjoyed working there. I would work there again if they needed crane operators.
Great safe place to work.
Ready Mix truck driver (Current Employee), Newport News, VASeptember 24, 2014
Best job and great people to work with. Everyday is like working around friends, doing what I like to do. Very safety conscience company..
Concrete plant
PLANT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), virginiaMay 18, 2014
its a job that pays the bills
you work a lot for the pay but the benefits are decent
work can be slow in the winter months
Great place to work!
Lead Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 15, 2014
Pros: very stable company.
Cons: spread out all over the u.s.
Everyone was friendly, and they took great care of their employees.
This company helps people grow by providing free classes if you want to learn something that will benefits your job.
DIVISION RECORDS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Glendale, CAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: with the people i worked with none
I had great people working around me. No complains from me from the great individuals I worked with.
Productive, fast paced, enjoyable rock quarry
Plant Office Administrator (Former Employee), Gray Court, SCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: independant work, great people, outdoors
Cons: outdoors
Every aspect of this company and this position was enjoyable. The people that work there are caring, helpful and knowledgeable. There are so many aspects to this company/job it would be hard to pick one thing to discuss in length. There were just to many. Awesome job.
good
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 17, 2014
good place to work. I enjoyed my job and felt real good about it.
Different shifts available for work.
Central Maintenance Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Helotes, TXJanuary 12, 2014
Full time job hours. Maintain and weld heavy equipment machinery but other work positions available at different plants.
Wonderful place to work for....stayed busy and time passed fast
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 1, 2013
Pros: very good benefits, vacation, sick pay, 401k, floating holiday, personal holiday
Cons: hated the time clocks that were put on computer about a year before i retired
I worked for Vulcan Materials Company for 38 years and retired at age 62 and 10 months...due to my Dad's failing condition....he died 3 months after I retired.

Did edits for 7 quarries starting at 7:00 am. Edits had to be in by 10:00. This was correcting any mistakes clerks had made on tckets the day before.

Learned how to deal with customers on a friendly basic...some depended on me to call them before they went on COD.

Made many friends with customers that after 3 years retired still have contact with.

Management changed several times over 38 years. Never had trouble with any management or employees.
Productive and Caring Environment
Quality Control Inspector/Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 3, 2013
positive atmosphere,testing materials,construction inspections,customer service internal and external.
A great place to work
Administration (Former Employee), Midwest DivisionAugust 23, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: no cons
My only experience with this company was working at one of the crushing plants. The benefits are great, far better than any other place I have ever worked. The management that I dealt with was the best I have ever encountered in a large corporate environment, they work with their employees.
unproductive and stagnant work enviroment
sales (Current Employee), californiaJuly 14, 2013
Pros: very hard to get fired
Cons: no more pension plan. management vs workers culture
Company is losing a lot of work to competitors in all lines of business. Pension plan recently eliminated. Mamagement too focused on cost cutting instead of improving. Very strong division between managers and workers. Raises are poor even for the few employees that excel resulting in no incentives to work hard. The only good thing i can say is that it really is hard to fire someone / get fired.
Horrible Mgmt
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 21, 2013
Pros: ot
Cons: management, no lunch breaks, have to eat, breathe, and c**p vulcan
Management is horrible. The company operates very backwards. They used to have good benefits, but those were stripped away and nothing was left but bad management. If one person does not like you then you are left out in the cold and they will find any reason in the world to terminate you.
Great company bad management.
Block truck driver (Former Employee), Carder Road , Orlando flaMay 14, 2013
Pros: pay was great and the benf
Cons: management.
Seams that they are looking for a reason to fire you.Needs better management.You would think you working for the C.I.A .Coworkers don't seem to want you there if your doing your job better then them.Very hard place to work for inless your Spanish or white.The most enjoyable part was not beening there getting in your truck and leaving.
Needs Better Manangement
Facilities Manager (Current Employee), Glendale, CAMay 6, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: company is letting people go left and right
The company needs better management. The hardest part of the job is pleasing the management and also trying to get through the politics. The co workers all were very good and had great relationships with them. I learned that the company has many people that are insecure about they're job. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the great vendors they had in place.
Public Company
Member of Management (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 12, 2013
Economic conditions have forced the company to reduce workforce by approximately 33% over the past few years. Company performance has been poor.
WAS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
Ready mix driver p (Former Employee), Bakersfield , CaApril 12, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management, benifits and pay
Vulcan used to be a great place to work . When I was hired , it was a company that people retired from . A place where people enjoyed working , we had good benefits , retirement , and hard working people. We took pride in our work and our equipment . Then management , chipped away at our contracts , our retirement , our medical , our pay . All while Vulcan was name a top profiting company . They wrote us up for stupid things. Implemented BS , safety rules , not rules that really made a difference .
Thank god I got out while I was young enough to go work for a real company .
Thank you Vulcan management for your stupidity , it pushed me to quit and find a great job !!!!!
Company sponsored events.
Terminal Foreman/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Mobile, ALFebruary 13, 2013
Typical work day consisted of daily paperwork, loading trucks with heavy equipment and off loading barges. I was able to learn computer skills and deal with clients on a first hand basis. Management team was very helpful and understanding. Hardest part of the job was slow days and idle time. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Tucson management is the worst!
Operator (Current Employee), Tucson,AZFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: good company
Cons: bad managment at the tucson, az plants.
Vulcan as a company is good but the management at the Tucson, AZ plants is the worst! If your not the bosses golfing buddy and drinking partner your as good as mud!
Teamwork
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: benefit, healthcare, working hours, education assisant
Cons: short break
Vulcan Material Company is a teamwork place with great employee and benefits.

Vulcan Materials Company Photos