Vulcan Materials Employee Reviews

good place
Heavy Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 14, 2017
Very good and strong company, good environment, with good benefits for the employees, very good experience working at Vulcan Materials, with all of my coworker.
easy job
equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Liberty, SCApril 17, 2017
enjoyed the job just had a hard time getting back and forth to work, and needed something with stability, would be willing to go back if relocated near the area
not bad if you dont mind working alot of hours
Employee (Current Employee) –  Mill Creek, OKApril 3, 2017
typical crusher, low pay. If you dont mind alot of hours there is oppurtunity to make alot of money if you dont mind the hours. very very safe company though.
Understanding of work/life balance
HRMS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 30, 2017
Management is very understanding of work/life balance. It is a very large company with many locations throughout the United States and Mexico. Employees are very friendly.
Good steady job with plenty of overtime hours.
Class III Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 27, 2017
Good days at work with good overtime. Learned greatly on how to manage loading trucks more time efficient to load out more tonnage throughout the day. I learned great methods on working an open mine pit. the work place culture as a company was great and took care of their workers. The hardest part of the job is the amount of overtime you put in with only one day off of work most weeks and can really fatigue the mind and body. The most enjoyable part of my job was that i was able to move around in different positions and cover for other workers that had time off for vacations or other reasoning. That made me experience and open up my knowledge greatly with various other equipment.
Pros
Work clothes provided every year
poor management
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 11, 2017
Extremely high turnover - average work week is 80 hours to make up for lack of employees. Management is on an ego trip and have no idea what they are doing. You get no notice of overtime and never have the tools or parts you need to do the job anyway. So your life has to revolve around their poor planning. Management goes out of their way to make employees miserable - company policies and mission statement are completely ignored.
Pros
insurance
Cons
no one cares
Quality people
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 23, 2016
Employees made the Company, the hardest part was the reluctance to change and time it took to implement new ideas, the best part was the team of employees.
great company
PLANT OPERATOR/MILLWRIGHT (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 6, 2016
The company is great to work for they gave me a chance when i came out there
Its a great family company where the upper management cares for the guys out there
Great working environment, job work/life balance good ,lots of down time in the winter.
Ready Mix Driver (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAAugust 31, 2016
The hardest part of some work days would be like going to a job site where you never been before and the directions are wrong,you are not familiar with the area.
Great place to start a career
Regional Buyer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2016
I got my career started while at Vulcan Materials. I have always been treated fairly. The position was in a division which felt much like family.
PLANT OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Millsap, TXMay 27, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Vulcan, however the management of staff and promotions or yearly reviews with yearly pay increase are lacking.
Productive , Stable and great environment to work in
Landfill Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Litchfield Park, AZMay 2, 2016
Vulcan Materials is a great company to work for and is a very stable proffiting company. Treat their employees wonderful and all liens and vendors as well.
Pros
All Benefits start day you are hired.
Vulcan is a good company but needs work on the glass ceiling
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 22, 2016
Vulcan is a good company but continues to have problems with promoting people of color and women. Hopefully in the near future Vulcan Materials will play catch up with today's diverse workforce.
Manager Plant Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 2, 2016
Job Work/Life Balance is difficult to accomplish. Positions require extensive overtime. Overtime is not worked to achieve results but rather to maintain.
Many long hours and pay is not great
Dispatcher/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knippa, TXMarch 21, 2016
Expect you to be on call but do not offer compensation
No Advancement
Poor management
stressful environment
?
Internship (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAMarch 7, 2016
It was a summer internship. So, my real knowledge of how good the company was is limited. The summer spend there was a very good experience seeing other side to my major that I didn't get to really see.
The bad guys at Vulcan
Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  sun city plantFebruary 25, 2016
Working at Vulcan materials co. at the sun city plant(I really don't like to say bad things about anyone because its a big negative but this needs to be said) is to date the very worst job I have ever had in my life and what made it that bad were the people I had to work with directly everyday. Right from my very first day I was treated like a second rate person. I never heard anything positive from them about my work or anything but they constantly said positive things to each other all day long. I worked with 3 other guys and one was our boss, one thought he was the boss and one that was a follower. These three guys are the best of friends too and favoritism is huge there to say the least. I loved the work I was doing but when you get talked down to everyday for no reason it makes going to work a very hard thing to do. Vulcan Materials company is a really good company to work for please don't get me wrong about that its just some of the people. whats really sad is these guys put on a act when the big wigs are around and then they are nice but they lose the act when those people leave. The big management people don't have a clue about things that go on there until now. I couldn't do anything right according to them.
Great coworkers to work with
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJanuary 30, 2016
I work with great group of men who don't mind helping you out learning about the company and the position the only down side not working in bad weather which shortens your check in the winter
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 25, 2016
Learned preventive maintenance and how to run equipment
Management and co-workers were helpful along with being pleasant in daily work environment
Preventive maintenance was difficult
Running equipment and co-workers were the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
good hours
Fast paced job with awesome co workers
Scale House Operator/Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VADecember 1, 2015
As the old saying goes.." whole lot of chiefs and not enough indians" applies to this company.
No one that holds any type of authority position and pay, stands up for the little person that makes the outfit truly function.
Each and every person is replaceable. If you are a woman you will most defiantely only progress as far as the men want you to and not a step more. Sad to know so many people I truly looked at as family remain there but hold no value to the multi million dollar business that give those hard working individuals a mere $50 gift card for Christmas and Thanksgiving combined and taxes each one of them on that gift card. No holiday dinner, no award ceremonies for employees that have made it possible for them to have over 14000 NON INJURY WORK HOURS.....YES I SAID 14000!!!!
Pros
I loved the work I did and minus the "supervisors" the people I worked with
Cons
Working in scale house you are allowed no lunch break...you eat as you work your 9 to 10 shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vulcan Materials. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval