Vulcraft Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Metal Plant
Summer Help (Former Employee) –  Grapeland, TXJuly 21, 2015
I work from 5:30 AM to 2:00 PM Monday-Friday. I love the environment I'm in and the people around me. I constantly stay busy doing multiple tasks such as maintenance duties, running errands, painting, cutting metal, etc. I love to meet and interact with new people. I would have to say I'm a people person and could get along with absolutely anyone. I like staying busy to make my days go by faster and I love to help out anywhere needed.
Challenging and rewarding work environment.
Intern/ Seasonal Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grapeland, TXOctober 28, 2014
Vulcraft promotes a team attitude between the different departments. All employees work together to achieve company goals. Employees are expected to make their jobs priority during work hours, and to take their positions seriously. I have learned much from my internship with Vulcraft, and would recommend them as an employer to anyone who has good work ethic, and is looking for dependable employment with benefits.
safety was my main job everything else followed
Operator (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 28, 2014
The Nucor Corporation Vulcraft Sales Group traces its root back to the early 1950s. The Vulcraft Group manufactures steel joists, joist girders and steel decking, along with other steel-related supplies. Since its inception, the Nucor Corporation has become one of the largest steel producers and recyclers of steel products in the United States. Nucor's origins are with auto manufacturer Ransom E. Olds, who founded Oldsmobile and then Reo Motor Cars. Through a series of transactions, the company Olds founded eventually became the Nuclear Corporation of America. In 1972, the company adopted the name Nucor Corporation. Since that time, Nucor has built more Vulcraft facilities and steel mills, and has expanded into other steel products. It has a facility in Florence, S.C.
Pros
money is good if you are willing to kill yourself for it
Cons
dangerous work, high chance at being injured. if you are and can't perform job due to injuries they will fire you!
All around good company.
Regional Sales Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Brigham City, UTMay 13, 2013
Runs very lean which isn't so much of a problem as an employee, but can be a problem for customers. For example, it can take a large amount of time for a project to fabricate from time of P.O. to shipping out the door. Company is all around good company.
Pros
hard working and time management is greatly required.
Cons
runs too lean of a workforce.
Good place to work, Had really nice Christmas Parties, and Company picnic
Fabricator/ Welder (Former Employee) –  Saint Joe, INAugust 27, 2012
Would come in every day and go stright to my line. would go over work order with line leaders, work with a great bunch of guys.
the hardiest part of job wash holdind your hand in the same position all the time. The most enjoyable part was lunch time. Hanging with the guys
Pros
free lunches such as steaks or ribs

Want to know more about Vulcraft?

Ask a question