VWR International Employee Reviews

Great Place Good Environment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 20, 2017
Things have changed a bunch at VWR. The operations group now reports thru people managers instead of sales managers. Chandler site management has evolved and things are more stable. There will be some big growth with in this company soon because their customer is growing in the semiconductor business in south Chandler. The job is easy and coworkers are great. I like the fact that there is a café on site. Benefits are pretty good here.
Pros
Compressed work week
Cons
Parking lot is far from work
Good but not my cup of tea.
Vendor Managed Inventory Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Good company, takes up to much of my off the clock life to keep up with the workload. Plus too much commuting during high traffic times.
Strong wellness program
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 11, 2017
Good company. Solid all the way across. Excellent customer service. Good management team. Training some many hours a year is required. Monthly coaching. Pays attention to detail.
Pros
Free lunch and vendors visit
Cons
Very micromanaged
OK but disorganized
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYFebruary 9, 2017
Honestly you never knew if it was going to be a busy day or not. Near the end of my three years it got to the point where I didn't know what my job was any more, because I had so many. The management did not want to listen to the people and would never fallow through on ideas. There was also unfair treatment some people would get scolded by some managers and some would get away with everything. I felt I had to pick up slack from other workers and was used and abused. They expected more out of some people then others. the management had issues with confronting people and treated the good employees bad.
Pros
some good people, interesting company, good dental, 2 15 min breaks, 30 min lunches
Cons
poor managment, expensive & bad health insurance, to much put on employees
Poor Decision Making
North American Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAJanuary 31, 2017
Ever since VWR went public, this company has made a lot of poor decisions.

Poor decisions when hiring

Poor decisions when laying employees off

Poor decisions when acquiring new companies.
Excellent
Salesforce Administrator/Developer (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAJanuary 27, 2017
From the very beginning I was impressed at the cross-functional, cross-departmental, network of help and support each-other at PROS. We want each other to succeed and to succeed as a company.
First 5 years were very good
Safety Specialist for the Western Zone (Former Employee) –  West Coast of the United StatesJanuary 26, 2017
When the company was sold to a Venture Capitalist, management change made it a totally different company, and not a good company to work for.
They brought in incompetent management, and my division was eliminated.
Site manager
Site Coverage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Great company to work for. Awesome employees with a great work atmosphere. Team work exists at this company. Online classes are available to progress in with the company.
Interesting products and clients
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJJanuary 16, 2017
Good company that gives you the opportunities to work with interesting products and clients. Sales is given lots of freedom to work their territory but not much patience.
Best Place To Work
Corporate Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 13, 2017
VWR is by far a leader in the BioScience industry and the best company I have ever worked for who stands behind their products and supports their employees.
Productive work place
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 5, 2017
A typical day at work is fun and challenging. Learning new things and sharing what you have learned is part of the team building that goes on at VWR, which is one of the things that make VWR such a great company.
Busy, Happy place to work
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Assist several users with computer related problems.

Good management, sometimes not readily available to help.

Professional and Cordial coworkers.

Plant closure causing displaced workers, the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Busy happy place to work
Cons
plant no longer Bay Area local
Just a job, not a career
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 27, 2016
Company doesn't value its employees for the most part. Only a select few yes men are hand picked to promote despite their work ethics. Other than that, there is very little room for advancement. Expect long mandatory hours. During the summer 11-12 hour days are regular. Very few long term employees due to low wages and under appreciation.
Pros
Free shirts
Cons
Low pay, terrible management
good place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 20, 2016
good place to work @ everyone is friendly, good pay, good hours, the best part is that its mon-friday, management is good, no favoritism
Great Place to Work with great work life balance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJ 08014December 1, 2016
I love working at VWR. It's definitely a learning environment where everyone helps everyone. Everyone respects everyone as well. Management is very knowledgeable and always willing to help. The pay is excellent and the vacation time offered is excellent too.
Pros
Free food, flexible schedule, great company
Cons
No grace period for lateness-for example if your 1 min late you are late
Large international company.
Corporate Associate (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PANovember 23, 2016
Couple of nice perks, great coworkers and health conscious employer. Offers opportunities to volunteer for outside organizations. Fast paced work environment.
Pros
Perks: modern office, free coffee & fruit, onsite gym, onsite cafeteria
Cons
Advancement limited
great company
Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GANovember 14, 2016
Overall VWR is a great company to work for. There are several people who have been here for over 15 yrs. The pay and benefits are very competitive.....
Category Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 10, 2016
Big Place. Lots of different jobs and opportunities to move around to various departments or other company divisions. Definitely room for growth, especially with a science degree.
Comfortable environment
VMI Technician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 7, 2016
I love working at VWR. I have learned a lot since I started working for the company. The coworkers are amazing and fun to work with.
Hard to Advance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 1, 2016
I worked at VWR for almost ten years, and while I enjoyed my daily tasks and the customers I worked with, the management was not always willing to provide opportunity for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VWR International. Our community is ready to answer.