VWR International Employee Reviews

A good place to work
Director of Logistics and Transportation (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PADecember 14, 2017
A good place to work. Very collaborative atmosphere, fast paced, good people. Well managed . In business for 150 years. Reward for Performance. Very employee centric
Moving in to clinical diagnostics...
Corporate Accounts (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PADecember 8, 2017
Management wasn't ready to move in to the clinical diagnostics role during my tenure. Legal wasn't ready to indemnify contracts that were necessary to operate in the acute care hospital space.
Pros
pleasant, courteous co-workers
Cons
some co-workers weren't courteous
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Admin (Current Employee) –  USADecember 7, 2017
Friendly co-workers, most managers are fair and consistent with their style. Upper level managers are not visible and are not easily reached. Hours are 730 AM to 7 PM within the department and hours change with seniority to earlier shifts.
Pros
Good Company with good Benefits
Cons
Price of benefits, level 2 managers
good company
Supervisor - Quality Assurance, Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCDecember 6, 2017
Dynamic business system and very professional culture. A learning platform , Enjoy team lunch , Very good Healthcare benefits. Lot of responsibilities which to good to know . Friendly culture
Pros
team lunch
Cons
on site worker at large pharmacutical
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 15, 2017
process and return products that malfunctioned, wrote reports, answered phones, helped clients choose appropriate products for the procedures they plan to run.
Pros
Great hourly wage
Cons
Coworkers
Fun and relaxing place to work
North America Accounting and Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PANovember 13, 2017
I would get there early and start off the day with whatever my manager needed me to do for her. This was a summer internship during college. I learned a great deal of new software and enhanced my skills in other areas. I was able to utilize SAP and Excel to the greatest of my abilities. I also learned how to operate day to day in a corporate office setting.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 7, 2017
Had a good experience. People I worked with were very good at that time. Management's was good when I worked there. Very friendly. Learned about warehouse jobs
Days are heavily one sided
Santization/Glass-wash Employee (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PANovember 6, 2017
Depending on what is scheduled for the day, and how many people you have that day will make it a positive or negative day automatically. We're the only team in VWR who is GMP but we are compensated the same as everyone else. We have to biggest responsibility when it comes to keeping the GMP side of the building completely clean and ready for J&J to make the drug. However, when there are only 2 people to clean the entirety of the building because management continuously fails to hire new employees, and cannot hire good, hard working employees, that either quit after a month or do something to get themselves terminated the good employees are punished with 3 times the amount of work but no compensation for it.
Pros
flexible hours/shifts
Cons
Mandatory overtime when short staffed, Zero compensation for working harder than others
Great people to work with
Site Coverage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAOctober 7, 2017
I travel to different states to cover employees that are on vacation, quit or have a medical issue. It is a very fast paced job and challenging. The VWR employees are great people to work with and the employees at the customer sites are pleasant as well. The hardest part of the job for me is being in the cleanroom environment. No makeup, fingernail polish or jewelry is allowed. You have to wear scrubs, hairnets, safety glasses, steel toe shoes and it is extremely warm. One of the sites has a 12 hour day schedule and that is tough. The pay and benefits are OK, I have had worse and better. They should bump up the pay rate though.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
12 hour days
Terrible place to work
Production Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHOctober 6, 2017
Employee moral is the worst I have ever seen in my 25 years of working. Employee turnover in production and most of the departments is extremely high as much due to work expected as the poor management. Production control being the worst as they require more overtime to get minimum requirements of job done which is why they are straight salary while all other departments are hourly and get OT pay. Upper management is smart and professional except in how they deal with intermediate mgmt. issues. Complaint after complaint for same things from multiple employees and nothing ever changes. Thus things get even worse as good employees get fed up and leave.
Pros
None beyond getting a paycheck and having insurance
Cons
Awful moral, hostile work environment, poor training due to high turnover
Innovative firm with a mission to beat their competition
VICE PRESIDENT CORPORATE IS (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAOctober 6, 2017
VWR has moved very quickly to define itself as a dependable supplier of anything a company needs in the scientific research space, and has built a broad network of suppliers from which to drop-ship requested products.
Pros
Great facilities and people
Cons
Debt load limits their ability to quickly maneuver
Great company
Commercial Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 27, 2017
Excellent company to to work for. Fast paced and exiting environment and salary was very competitive. Lots of perks such as free working and non working luncheons, Paid time off and sick leave.
Pros
Excellent benefits and competitive salary
Cons
Sales Department has too much contraol
Good working place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 23, 2017
This is a good working environment were all the associates get along. We all help each other with any problem that might come up with work. Management might be kind of some what good but, I feel we are teaching the management on how to do their work instead of them telling us how to do it. The hardest part of the job is getting out on time, we always put in overtime. The most enjoyable part of the time is working with your co-workers and getting the job done.
good company
Voice Operations and Contact Center Engineer (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PASeptember 22, 2017
flexible start and stop time, cubicle environment, business casual dress, public transportation available, cafeteria available, health conscience with nice gym and free fruit
Pros
flexible start and stop
Cons
travel
Productive work place
Customer Care Expert (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJSeptember 17, 2017
A typical work day includes taking over 80 calls per day tp help customers place orders, complete returns, and complaints. I learned to be patient, responds quickly to difficult matters, and to resolve customers concerns in a timely manner. the workplace culture is fair and the hardest part of the job was not being able to resolve matters in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to multitask and be a great help to customers and coworkers
Pros
hours, pay
Cons
vaction time
Productive and fun place to work
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GASeptember 14, 2017
It is a decent place to work but also very impartial with it policies and people. working at VWR was a good learning experience but also very decent place as well.
Pros
Free lunch, Free health awareness program
Cons
Short break, Expensive healthcare
work day
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 13, 2017
learned how to use order picker and reach trucks. learned the OSHA. work place was great.management wasn't so great. hardest part of job was when we run out of space to put products coming into the ware house. ware house still need improvement, i believe that the employers should be getting paid more.
Great
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2017
VWR was my internship and I loved everyday that I went in, I never worked in an environment like that before and it was a great learning experience. Everyone treated me fairly and is a job I would like to have in the future.
After 18 years, a change is needed
Supervisor/Operations Coordinator, Intel Oregon (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR 97124September 7, 2017
My typical day is clocking in, processing quotes and orders. Generating reports, conducting audits. Maintain 2 off site locations with products and general on site servicing. Mentoring another Ops Coordinator. Provide training, conduct inspections. What I like about my job is customer interaction, problem solving, and brainstorming. Being counted on to get things done.
Pros
Good insurance stable hours
Cons
Being restricted on what I can contribute
Horrible supervisors
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJAugust 29, 2017
This company does not treat you as human beings they treat you as numbers and robots. A couple of the supervisors are manipulative and will stab you in the back quicker than you can blink an eye. Human Resources is against you and not for you. If you wanted to be treated like less than a human and work a ton of overtime then this is the company for you. Truthfully I don't know how the Warehouse is still running with a couple of the supervisors they have. The supervisor seem to get away with anything they want to and Human Resources is there to cover it up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VWR International. Our community is ready to answer.