VWR International

VWR International Employee Reviews

Willing to Relocate for the right Opportunity
Site Services Manager (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CA and Vacaville, caMay 28, 2015
My biggest opportunity is my long commute! If I could cut out my hours in traffic and work from home 3 days a week I would be satisfied!
Love working working for VWR
On-Site Coordinator (Former Employee), waco txMay 22, 2015
Pros: My boss did not have to worryng about my job working.
Cons: Very said when my boss had to leave VWR.
I like working for VWR moved to allergen for better job. This company made sure you were trained well and could work on you own. They will send you to a trading school of theres it needed.
People is the main reason
Credit /Collections Analyst (Former Employee), Brisbane, CAMay 9, 2015
The people is one of the main reasons I stayed with this company for 30+years but the culture changed in the last 10 years. Good people either left or were let go.
I enjoy working at VWR
Manager Client and Mobile Services, North America (Current Employee), Radnor, PAMay 5, 2015
VWR Is the industry leader in scientific supplies. They have strong leadership. However there is little room for advancement and they typically look outside for upper management.
Customer Service
Customer Care Expert (Former Employee), Swedesboro, NJApril 13, 2015
Incoming calls for scientific and medical supply company, used SAP to complete customer and warehouse requests. Made sure customers received accurate orders on time, rushed orders out if necessary. Great company to work for.
constant change in group/department structure & more heavy workload & HIGH PRESSURE with poor management at all levels. no career path/discrimination
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago ILApril 10, 2015
Pros: some nice coworkers
Cons: Nepotism, Lack of consistent vision, goals & profit margins, unqualified Supervisors, manage by fear, terrible
Company run by outdated Sr. Leadership with no regard for work/home life balance. Poor pay & awful conditions heavy nepotism no matter how many achievements here & your professionalism Supervisors & Site Manager promotion & raises based in nepotism. Outdated technology & building. No decent cafeteria or breakroom to truly rejuvenate. No PTO & every year pile on heavier workload to those not related to manager. all of us had to wear coat & blanket all day past 3 Winters lack of heat. Blazing hot in "office" rest of yr. Heavy discriminatory practices against employees no matter how outstanding their work. Company refuses to invest in infrastructure Terrible place...RUN don't even consider working here!!!!! OMG VWR needs to wake up & join 21st Century. Such arrogant incompetent leaders.
I did have a good supervise--he was very good to all of us.
Building Support Manager (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Yes at lunch was good. It give time to relax to sit back & take time out.
Cons: Yes at time you need a time out, most of all when you have to clean the snow away that part i did-not like at all.
The day start at 7:00 A.M. Till 4:30. It ok at times but the most of it is when the weather is bad you have to go out to clean off the snow out of the way. The best part is when spring time come you can enjoy the weather as well. My co-workers were and we work together at time to help each other out. As I have state in my last part what I have learn was were I can and have to do it on my own. I can have my own business what I can do on my own. You were your own boss were if you needs help you call out to ask for it but others then that it was an 8 hours job you got to do what needs to be done. You do it and that it.
Good work, good compensation, poor managment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Sanborn NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable work, Good people, Great hours and compensation
Cons: Management and supervision of maintenance department
A typical day at work for me is starting with a maintenance meeting. From there I start on my daily/ monthly preventative maintenance tasks. Sometimes there are more pressing matters and those become priority. Throughout the day I usually perform electrical and plumbing jobs as needed as well as inspections on equipment and machinery.

I have learned some different troubleshooting techniques from other co-workers. I've also learned to prioritize my jobs-to-be-done in order of safety and importance.

The management of the maintenance department is poor. The supervisor sounds knowledgeable, yet has a hard time troubleshooting a problem and often asks his employees to solve the problem. He is not easy to approach for help or guidance.

My co-workers are knowledgeable and experienced. Two of them like to work alone, the other is a team player. I can work in either scenario.

The hardest part of my job is finding proper help through my maintenance supervisor. As stated above, he is not easy to approach and often grows frustrated when he can not solve the issue or fails to find help for his employees with an issue.

The most enjoyable part of the job is diagnosing and repairing a problem for a production worker. They seem to genuilly appreciate the work that you have done. I believe keeping up good relations, and talking through a problem builds trust and knowledge between the maintainer and the operator.
Great place to start career; don't stay too long
Associate (Current Employee), Radnor, PAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: friendly corporate environment, engaged wellness committee
Cons: lack of opportunities to advance, compensation package could be better
I think VWR was a great place to begin my career, but I'm ready to move on. They have difficulty retaining young talent, most move on within their first few years, and some departments have much higher turnover than others. Opportunities for advancement are limited, and there is no clear path for advancement with the company.

Resources seem constantly limited, and higher turnover only makes this worse. It also takes a long time for management to fill a vacant position. While there is always something to do, it makes it difficult to balance work and home life when in the end, it all has to get done.

I do enjoy the culture and have supportive management, but certain parts of the culture, especially concerning retention and benefits, should be reevaluated. My coworkers and I get along great, but we have all shared similar frustrations and thoughts of looking elsewhere to advance our careers or increase benefits.

VWR does have a good education compensation package, but as with most companies, you owe the company so many years after you take the reimbursement.

The Wellness committee is very engaged. There are free exercise programs, including yoga and strength training, a free gym, an annual 5k, and wellness seminars on various subjects.

One last note - there are no scheduled holidays between New Years and Memorial Day, so everyone burns out in the Spring because vacations are saved for long trips or for holidays.
Good Company
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Batavia, ILMarch 4, 2015
Good Company,good benefits compared to some other companies. Great people. Limited advancement opportunities at certain locations. Company really cares about your happiness.
Good Life Science Company
Regional Director Sales I Business Development (Former Employee), Radnor, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: excellent us sales force
Cons: competes against thermo fisher
VWR was a good place to work. Sales teams were a pleasure to work with each day. Just went public last September. Working at VWR was a good experience. Many of the customers were a pleasure to work with each day. Management was supportive on certain projects. Most enjoyable part of the job was calling on New Customers each week.
Do NOT come here Sales People!
Sales Rep (Current Employee), TexasFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: field: being away from radnor. the pay is ok
Cons: nepotism, fear leadership, unrealistic goals, european led.
This company is poorly managed at the VP levels and you will feel it on a daily basis. The companies leaders drive compliance through fear and intimidation. I have witnessed people get fired for professionally bringing issues up that were meant to be constructive. Field Managers and Sales Reps will be fired if you have a bad month, even if you have had a great track record.

Very strong nepotism within Radnor. You have married VPs who met on the job that have conspired against great leaders seen as a threat to their roles. I saw my manager get fired because he offended a VP and she got her feelings hurt by feedback.

If you do take a job here my bet is you'll be back here within 1-2 years hunting a new job.
Good works hours and beneftis
Senior Designer/Estimator (Current Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not much room for advancement
VWR is a company that has good benefits and stable work environment.They do have great work hours for people that prefer to work Monday through Friday and get out of work by 5:pm What the company lacks is the ability to promote and advance their employee's. If you are looking for a company to learn and grow your abilities with, VWR would be a place to start your career.
Corporate Stock Buyer - Equipment (Current Employee), Radnor, PAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: gym in radnor facility, ability to work remotely, free fruit in office.
Cons: low pay
VWR is a generally a great place to work with a nice office culture and a lot of career opportunity. The compensation for buyers is well below the national average for this role.
Advancement often is based on who you know rather than merit, with instances of nepotism.
The company has a lot of involvement opportunities for associates such as the annual 5k run, education opportunities, and wellness and health incentives.
A decent place to work
FAB Support (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 12, 2015
Work was easy but not much for advancement with the company. Nepotism was running wild there and upper management did not seem to care much.
Outdated processes, but it pays the bills
MATERIAL HANDLING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Hillsboro, orDecember 8, 2014
Stock room is ran like its the 70s. Pay is the absolute lowest in the industry. However, its stable and the schedule is great. Huge divide between team leads and tech in the field. It would be wise to invest in new technology and processes for inventory management as well as creating some sort of supervising technician position.
Outstanding Company
Designer (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 4, 2014
Management and co-workers are the best.
Corporate decides at will who they cut in times of economic hardship with little or no thought as to damage done to individuals.
Excellent Place Of Employment
Inventory Control/ Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Bridgeport New JerseyDecember 1, 2014
Pros: healthcare, excellent pay
Cons: layoffs
My time at VWR began in the accounts payable department, where I learned how to interact with customers local and International. I was an account expense clerk doing check runs, expense reports and customer service. I also was able to work in the inventory control department where I was able to monitor inventory coming in and leaving the building. I was able to perform customer service in this department solving incoming problems of vendors.
Family friendly, good benefits, good cause. Lots of dysfunction
Regulatory Affairs Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 28, 2014
VWR would be a great company to work for if it weren't for their insatiable drive for explosive growth by any and all means possible. They have great infrastructure but are so fractured by competing priorities that teams don't work well together.
Distribution Warehouse Office Environment
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee), Suwanee, GANovember 14, 2014
Pros: free fruit
Cons: limited advancement
Repetitive duties, great hours, extended benefits offered.

1 2 3 4 5

About VWR International

VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a leading, independent provider of laboratory products, services – Read more

VWR International Salaries