VWR International

VWR International Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working at VWR
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  WAJanuary 21, 2016
My time with VWR exposed me to a great management culture that I valued.
While the work was challenging, VWR provided a great deal of support internally.
Pros
Great support and management.
Busy receiving shipments
Receiving Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 17, 2016
When I first applied for the receiving technician position at VWR I was thinking outside of the box. A different job then what I was use to.
I have learned a lot in this position from handling different hazardous materials safely, getting forklift certified, and processing packages using SRM /SAP system.
The receiving department is constantly busy with all the shipments coming in from freight, UPS, and FED EX. The shipments are processed and then sent to shipping. Then sometimes you have some problem packages that need to be track to find out who they belong to.
Pros
The certifications, training classes, good health benefits, paid vacation/holiday time, people I work with
Cons
problems with my computer shutting down
Very customer oriented
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJanuary 14, 2016
The hours I worked when I was there were the best hours I could ask for. I worked 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. I was able to get on the road home before a lot of the other companies were letting their workers go so I was able to get home before the traffic was too bad.
Pros
Cafeteria in the building
Cons
Not enough pay
Great place to train to learn new ways to help the customer
Customer care expert (CCX) (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJanuary 12, 2016
1. Typical day is to come in log on the phone on time. You then put your phone in ready then start taking calls.

I was taught ways to improve my work ethics on how to deal with customers in a productive way. Through quality monitoring from my supervisor every month. I had to maintain a 98% on my QM's.

My co workers are one the main reasons I enjoyed working there.
there were very helpful. I never felt like I was stuck in a jam without any direction because they were always there to help.

Hardest part of the job was the customer and being in a situation were we had to give them bad news about there orders.

The most enjoyable part was being able to hear the customer Smile over the phone because we took good care of them. also helping my Co workers by becoming an HTI project manager within the call center that way I could help address issues and suggestions my co workers had so that we could improve our SAP system or ways we could make the call center a more exciting and fun place to work.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Very little room for Advancment
Daily Safety Huddles
Safety Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CADecember 29, 2015
The management has required employees to have a daily safety huddle to prevent any accident during work. Working at an Pharmaceutical environment, there has been multiple incident over the year and it had been reported. With that, the management highly recommended to practice safety during work hours and daily stretching.
Grest place
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PADecember 28, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management, focused on building a great product and a great culture. Strong leadership.
Family oriented company.
Accounts Payable Coordinator Of Procurement (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJDecember 20, 2015
Processed various types of accounts payable transactions..Management and coworkers all work together as a team.Enjoy working with other teams.
Pros
Able to work from home
Cons
Salary could be better.
Poorly managed
material handler (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GANovember 16, 2015
Management more worried about production numbers than staffing and training. Potential new hires are met with lack luster attitude from administration. Lucky to have a job mentality. New hires find out they must work a second job to meet the needs of raising a family.
Pros
A starter job.
Cons
wages, training, decreasing healthcare, low moral
Public company
sales (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 11, 2015
Bottom Line Importance, great culture, operates lean, leadership team skilled, field team needs to navigate and leverage internal resources, political
Pros
compensation, matrix environment
Cons
cut throat
International Company Experience
Technical Project Manager – B2B Implementations (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAOctober 26, 2015
VWR is a great company that cares about their employees.

They try to provide opportunities for all. For example, I ran a number of employee-run initiatives that was supported by the proper management.
Great place to work!
Director Level (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PASeptember 30, 2015
VWR allows a great work life balance! My boss had been very flexible with me and worked with my family needs. Unfortunately, he recently left the company.
Decent company to work for but hard to find parking at Boston area sites.Pay is lower than competition.There are other sites so there is room for adva
Site Coverage Specialist (Novartis) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 22, 2015
Good company but hard to find parking Boston area. Pay is lower than competition. There are many different jobs to choose from.
Could have been a better experence
Stockroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAAugust 21, 2015
Over all I enjoyed the position. Helping customers I already knew. Management was a challenge as there was a lack of leadership at times. I am sure it was resolved when a new manager came along.
Pros
You were paid
Cons
Health Care was not so great. Lack of leadership.
Too many liberals
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Rouses Point NYAugust 20, 2015
Worked at the Rouses Point facility when it was Anachemia. The lab director was a real liberal nut, just could not handle listening to his liberal bull everyday.

Hope VWR had weeded out the liberal pigs.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Too many nut cases working there.
Productive place
Dedicated Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILAugust 20, 2015
A Typical Day at work
What you learned
Your co-workers
The hardest part of the job
The most enjoyable part of the job
Go start off job
Cisco VOIP/IPT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAAugust 19, 2015
This was a good start job to start at. I was able to learn alot and advance in this role. The people is what make this job great
Productive and fulfilling
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda , NYAugust 2, 2015
Day to day responsibilities gave me a sense of reason to come to work every day , I felt appreciated and I was understood as an employee . I loved coming to work every day.
Pros
recognition and appreciate
Hybris, Java ecomerce
Hybris Developer (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAJuly 29, 2015
• Over 5 Yearsof professional experience in all the phases of software development life cycle including Design, Development, Integration of Client/Server environment, Maintenance, Implementation and Testing of various Ecommerce and software applications using Hybris,ATG, Java/J2EE related technologies.
• Around 2 years of experience in Hybris Omni commerce Suite, Hybris Management Console (HMC), HAC (Hybris Admin Console), WCMS Cockpit, CS Cockpit and Product Cockpit.
OK Job with very little ability to advance
Customer Care eXpert (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILJuly 20, 2015
VWR International is a good place to work with a few downfalls. Management is extremely busy so they are rarely available and have limited information regarding their team members. They are accurately described as project managers, not supervisors as there are very limited leadership skills and training.. My co-workers are great friends and make the job enjoyable. There is a lot of sales-enabling, but lack of compensation for the support. There is very limited room for advancement unless you move outside of customer service and move into sales or become an on-site. The benefits are awesome and start your first day.
Pros
Great benefits, great co workers, busy company
Cons
Lots of policies
Was Excellent Place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJuly 11, 2015
Was a great company very much enjoyed working there till they moved
typical day was picking and packing kits and shipping them out to different schools
have remained friends with many co workers
Cons
They moved