VWR International

VWR International Employer Reviews

Productive work place
Putaway Associate (Current Employee), Visalia, CAOctober 16, 2014
Employees are good to work witj and the supervisors are very dependable.
Its Better Than Working in Retail
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee), Spring House, PAOctober 15, 2014
Good hours and pay. Some of the staff are a bit petty and immature, but you will find that just about anywhere.
Account Rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no raises
Job Work Life balance is not good no advancement job culture need to change
Productive and great learning environment
Summer Intern, Supply Chain (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2014
1. Great Management Support
2. Great work/life balance
3. Very talented people
4. Mid-size firm but collaborative work environment
Good exercise for stress management.
Order Associates (Former Employee), Mer Rouge, LASeptember 16, 2014
Very interesting offshore business but lack of control from Admin and Management based at local dept upon foreign coaches.
Great entry level position
Lab Support Technician (Current Employee), Ambler, PASeptember 11, 2014
Making media for researchers
Research is not perfect and it takes time to discover
management is very responsive
Great company with an A++ training program
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee), Batavia, ILSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: excellent training program.
I was very impressed with the training program provided by VWR International. It is second to none and I now have the same expectation for future employment after moving further away now that I am ready to get back to work after being an at home mom.

Highly recommended!!
Boring, slow, mind numbing second class citizen work
Working at Intel (Current Employee), Hillsboro ORAugust 23, 2014
Pros: you get exercise depending on your location
Cons: pay sucks, your peers are a-holes, zero brain usage
You'd think working at Intel was fun. The idea is anyway, the job is, well... let's just say it's not very challenging work.

Intel employees have tunnel vision, meaning, they act like robots who can't change their normal routine going from place to place. They may have masters degrees but ended up with zero social skills. So they get in your way a – more... lot. God forbid a door breaks, they won't know where to detour.

Then there's the dbags who do notice you and treat you like you're there to pick up after them like a janitor. Yeah, that's not what we are hired to do. Construction workers are also sloppy at times but they leave garbage around whether you're there or not. I suppose that comes with the territory.

Did I mention this job requires zero brain activity? No computer skills needed folks. If you're dumber than a box of rocks and have your GED, this job might be perfect for you.

Benefits kick in after 90 days. Pay is low but what do you expect for the job. Whoever designed the 'uniform' needs a new set of eyes.

This is the kind of job high school kids would love to have vs working fast food. – less
Interesting. Learn something new on a daily basis.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Visalia, CAAugust 22, 2014
I check orders for accuracy as well as integrity of packaging prior to shipment. Retrieve necessary certificates.
good
Warehouse Supervisor / Team Lead (Former Employee), Bridgeport, NJAugust 20, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: @nd shift not day work
i picked packed and shipped hazmat chemicals. i liked working for this company . great salary and hours. benefits were excelent
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Bridgeport, NJAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great environment, training, and management styles
Cons: laid off
Lovely people, management was always helpful and wanted to see employees grow professionally.
I loved my job and the fulfillment it gave me.
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 4, 2014
I enjoyed working with my coworkers and management. Very Customer focus also caring. We are committed to our internal and external customers, We will go the extra mile. Team work and effort
Productive environment with opportunity to grow
Sales / Customer SAP Expert (Former Employee), Batavia ILJuly 21, 2014
Pros: benefits, decent salary, learning new system
Cons: working late, limited team interactions
VWR customer care department is hands on. You deal with the customers exclusively and learn per phone call. There are opportunity to work in other specific customer call environments. Many people who started out on phones worked their way into management roles and sales positions. It makes use of your customer service skills and you have to work through – more... issues. Patience is needed. – less
Productive and quiet workplace able to get a lot of work done
Technician (Current Employee), Malvern, PAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: free coffee and fruit from time to time
Cons: im a contractor so sometime i get treated like im less then a regular johnson in johnson employee
i enjoy working for this company. I am a technician for vwr catalyst. A typical day at work consists of running the autoclave machine, glass wash machine, and dryer. I learned gmp's, sop's and how very important it is to follow all rules and regulations. Management and my co workers are all very good people to work with. If i ever had a problem with – more... anything someone from my team always came to help or guide me in the right path. There isnt to many hard things about my job. I enjoy the most that the company im currnetly workin for is very understanding. If you have any problems with the job or life they always have a helping hand extended out to me. – less
I worked 12 hour shifts and I stayed busy without supervision
JIT Runner (Former Employee), 1600 Rio Rancho Blvd SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124June 25, 2014
Pros: managed my time without having my manager worrying if the job was getting done
I would submit an order of things we were running low on. Load a cart up with stocking materials and push it to different locations through out the day and stock items and return if needed more. I usually worked alone because my co-workers had their own areas to maintain. It was a fun job that kept me busy all day and the shifts would go by fast.
work
International General Manager (Former Employee), Summit, NJJune 17, 2014
• Responsible for collecting and washing chemical glassware to support GMP labs
• Maintain organized glass shelves according to size and usage
• Trained and qualified to use Steris and Getinge glassware washing systems.
• Performed Sump test and TOC test following GMP procedures.
• Experience in handling hazardous material
Great company to work with. Employees are there from last 30 - 35 years.
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAJune 16, 2014
Attended BEMS training which is a great helpful tool in Management position.
Current Position
Vendor Management Specialist (Current Employee), Radnor, PAJune 13, 2014
Pros: ability to work independently and the health care
Cons: working remote
I have been with my company for 8 years and know my job well. I work independently and now, I am working remote for my company. The hardest part of my job right now is not being in the office after so many years of being able to get up and go speak to anyone face to face, I now have to work smarter.
A typical day is very fast paced and I normally have – more... multiple projects I am working on at any given time. My time is needed by my Senior team, their departments, my AP team and all my vendors.
I have learned quite a lot in my years here, very valuable skills dealing with my Vendors and the different areas of our business. – less
Loved the company, they took care of their employees
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Brisbane, CAMay 2, 2014
Pros: good communication within the company
Cons: they closed the facility
#1 Distribution company in the US and International. Very good company to work for and advancement opportunities. I spent over 40 years with the same company. They are loyal to their people. I have had many job responsibilities during my career. Customer service call center in Brisbane, relocated all to Batavia, New Jersey and Suwanee, GA.
Many opportunities – more... of training in credit department, inventory control, customer service and order entry. It was like a family environment. Met and worked with many wonderful people. – less
Good workplace
Scientific Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 25, 2014
Pros: life science sales, learning from multiple researchers
Cons: pay, limitied mobility
Each day at VWR, I would visit my customers in a life science laboratory. I would strive to learn about their process, and exactly what they were trying to accomplish in their lab. It was exciting to learn bits and pieces of research throughout my territory, and to be a resource to my customers. As I represented over 400,000 products, I worked my best – more... to customize my sales to a customer's needs; so that they would not be overwhelmed by the vastness of the available options. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About VWR International

VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a leading, independent provider of laboratory products, services – Read more

VWR International Photos