VWR International

VWR International Employee Reviews in United States

Salaried employees expected to spend no less than 12 hours/day at work
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Sanborn, NYApril 28, 2016
Spent more time in meetings accomplishing nothing than we did actually doing our job. Laptops are issued to salaried employees so that you have the ability to work day and night, and it is expected that you will do so. Management at the Sanborn, NY location is very poor. Little trust to do your job correctly, and much time is spent redoing what you have already done because you did not do it the way senior management would have done it. Change for the better is not well received and tools purchased by the parent company to make your job more efficient and effective are not supported by the local senior management staff. A lot of wasted time which is unfortunate because it could be a great company. Location in Sanborn, NY is out of the way and there is high turnover.
Pros
Tools provided so you can do your job at home and on the go
Cons
It is expected that you will spend your home time working
Interesting ...
Software Development - Data Analysis (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAApril 27, 2016
This company was about to be sold, so there was a big rush to improve sales. For me, it was a lot of hours, developing software tools to improve sales.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Hours, Meetings
The people made the work their bearable
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 21, 2016
during my time at VWR it was a good working environment the people there were very helpful and friendly however towards the end of my employment people began to get laid off and more pressure on the people still there merit increase was never updated
Pros
great people
Cons
to much work load on small group
Currently retired
Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAApril 11, 2016
Wrote manual test scripts based on requirements. Ran tests and published statistics. Tracked and reported open issues. Supported go live.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Care Expert (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, CAMarch 10, 2016
A typical day consisted of taking orders from customers for scientific products. Customers included: hospitals, labs, research institutes, universities and biotech companies.

I learned how to process orders from taking the orders to tracking shipment of the orders for the customer. I also learned how important it was to get a specific lot number per the customer's request.

The management was very supportive and would periodically conduct workshops to improve our customer service skills.

My co-workers were very supportive of each other always offering their help if you needed it.

The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to everyone once we found out that the call center was closing. It was one of the best companies I ever worked for where they cared so much for their employees that they had a Customer Service Week to show their appreciation of our hard work.

They also had occasional free lunches with our workshops and awesome holiday parties.
Pros
A lot of activities geared towards employee morale
Cons
Call center closed down
Great if you are really interested in what you do
Account coordinator (Former Employee) –  springhouse, paMarch 2, 2016
There are no support from management. you have to love what you do to be able to go to work everyday because there is no other motivation that you will get there! Co-workers could be fine sometimes. most enjoyable part was hours.
Enjoyed working at VWR
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  WAJanuary 21, 2016
My time with VWR exposed me to a great management culture that I valued.
While the work was challenging, VWR provided a great deal of support internally.
Pros
Great support and management.
Busy receiving shipments
Receiving Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 17, 2016
When I first applied for the receiving technician position at VWR I was thinking outside of the box. A different job then what I was use to.
I have learned a lot in this position from handling different hazardous materials safely, getting forklift certified, and processing packages using SRM /SAP system.
The receiving department is constantly busy with all the shipments coming in from freight, UPS, and FED EX. The shipments are processed and then sent to shipping. Then sometimes you have some problem packages that need to be track to find out who they belong to.
Pros
The certifications, training classes, good health benefits, paid vacation/holiday time, people I work with
Cons
problems with my computer shutting down
Very customer oriented
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJanuary 14, 2016
The hours I worked when I was there were the best hours I could ask for. I worked 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. I was able to get on the road home before a lot of the other companies were letting their workers go so I was able to get home before the traffic was too bad.
Pros
Cafeteria in the building
Cons
Not enough pay
Great place to train to learn new ways to help the customer
Customer care expert (CCX) (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJanuary 12, 2016
1. Typical day is to come in log on the phone on time. You then put your phone in ready then start taking calls.

I was taught ways to improve my work ethics on how to deal with customers in a productive way. Through quality monitoring from my supervisor every month. I had to maintain a 98% on my QM's.

My co workers are one the main reasons I enjoyed working there.
there were very helpful. I never felt like I was stuck in a jam without any direction because they were always there to help.

Hardest part of the job was the customer and being in a situation were we had to give them bad news about there orders.

The most enjoyable part was being able to hear the customer Smile over the phone because we took good care of them. also helping my Co workers by becoming an HTI project manager within the call center that way I could help address issues and suggestions my co workers had so that we could improve our SAP system or ways we could make the call center a more exciting and fun place to work.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Very little room for Advancment
Daily Safety Huddles
Safety Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CADecember 29, 2015
The management has required employees to have a daily safety huddle to prevent any accident during work. Working at an Pharmaceutical environment, there has been multiple incident over the year and it had been reported. With that, the management highly recommended to practice safety during work hours and daily stretching.
Grest place
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PADecember 28, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management, focused on building a great product and a great culture. Strong leadership.
Family oriented company.
Accounts Payable Coordinator Of Procurement (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJDecember 20, 2015
Processed various types of accounts payable transactions..Management and coworkers all work together as a team.Enjoy working with other teams.
Pros
Able to work from home
Cons
Salary could be better.
Poorly managed
material handler (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GANovember 16, 2015
Management more worried about production numbers than staffing and training. Potential new hires are met with lack luster attitude from administration. Lucky to have a job mentality. New hires find out they must work a second job to meet the needs of raising a family.
Pros
A starter job.
Cons
wages, training, decreasing healthcare, low moral
Public company
sales (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 11, 2015
Bottom Line Importance, great culture, operates lean, leadership team skilled, field team needs to navigate and leverage internal resources, political
Pros
compensation, matrix environment
Cons
cut throat
International Company Experience
Technical Project Manager – B2B Implementations (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAOctober 26, 2015
VWR is a great company that cares about their employees.

They try to provide opportunities for all. For example, I ran a number of employee-run initiatives that was supported by the proper management.
Great place to work!
Director Level (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PASeptember 30, 2015
VWR allows a great work life balance! My boss had been very flexible with me and worked with my family needs. Unfortunately, he recently left the company.
Decent company to work for but hard to find parking at Boston area sites.Pay is lower than competition.There are other sites so there is room for adva
Site Coverage Specialist (Novartis) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 22, 2015
Good company but hard to find parking Boston area. Pay is lower than competition. There are many different jobs to choose from.
Could have been a better experence
Stockroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAAugust 21, 2015
Over all I enjoyed the position. Helping customers I already knew. Management was a challenge as there was a lack of leadership at times. I am sure it was resolved when a new manager came along.
Pros
You were paid
Cons
Health Care was not so great. Lack of leadership.
Too many liberals
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Rouses Point NYAugust 20, 2015
Worked at the Rouses Point facility when it was Anachemia. The lab director was a real liberal nut, just could not handle listening to his liberal bull everyday.

Hope VWR had weeded out the liberal pigs.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Too many nut cases working there.