VWR International

VWR International Employee Reviews

Decent company to work for but hard to find parking at Boston area sites.Pay is lower than competition.There are other sites so there is room for adva
Site Coverage Specialist (Novartis) (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 22, 2015
Good company but hard to find parking Boston area. Pay is lower than competition. There are many different jobs to choose from.
Could have been a better experence
Stockroom Coordinator (Former Employee), Radnor, PAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: You were paid
Cons: Health Care was not so great. Lack of leadership.
Over all I enjoyed the position. Helping customers I already knew. Management was a challenge as there was a lack of leadership at times. I am sure it was resolved when a new manager came along.
Too many liberals
Chemist (Former Employee), Rouses Point NYAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: Too many nut cases working there.
Worked at the Rouses Point facility when it was Anachemia. The lab director was a real liberal nut, just could not handle listening to his liberal bull everyday.

Hope VWR had weeded out the liberal pigs.
Productive place
Dedicated Account Specialist (Current Employee), Batavia, ILAugust 20, 2015
A Typical Day at work
What you learned
Your co-workers
The hardest part of the job
The most enjoyable part of the job
Go start off job
Cisco VOIP/IPT Engineer (Former Employee), Radnor, PAAugust 19, 2015
This was a good start job to start at. I was able to learn alot and advance in this role. The people is what make this job great
Productive and fulfilling
Supervisor (Former Employee), Tonawanda , NYAugust 2, 2015
Pros: recognition and appreciate
Cons: long hours
Day to day responsibilities gave me a sense of reason to come to work every day , I felt appreciated and I was understood as an employee . I loved coming to work every day.
Hybris, Java ecomerce
Hybris Developer (Current Employee), Radnor, PAJuly 29, 2015
• Over 5 Yearsof professional experience in all the phases of software development life cycle including Design, Development, Integration of Client/Server environment, Maintenance, Implementation and Testing of various Ecommerce and software applications using Hybris,ATG, Java/J2EE related technologies.
• Around 2 years of experience in Hybris Omni commerce Suite, Hybris Management Console (HMC), HAC (Hybris Admin Console), WCMS Cockpit, CS Cockpit and Product Cockpit.
OK Job with very little ability to advance
Customer Care eXpert (Current Employee), Batavia, ILJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, great co workers, busy company
Cons: Lots of policies
VWR International is a good place to work with a few downfalls. Management is extremely busy so they are rarely available and have limited information regarding their team members. They are accurately described as project managers, not supervisors as there are very limited leadership skills and training.. My co-workers are great friends and make the job enjoyable. There is a lot of sales-enabling, but lack of compensation for the support. There is very limited room for advancement unless you move outside of customer service and move into sales or become an on-site. The benefits are awesome and start your first day.
Was Excellent Place
Material Handler (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYJuly 11, 2015
Cons: They moved
Was a great company very much enjoyed working there till they moved
typical day was picking and packing kits and shipping them out to different schools
have remained friends with many co workers
Chained to a Cubicle
Senior Engineer - Client Technologies (Former Employee), Radnor, PAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Gym onsite
Cons: Terrible culture
The work environment was dreadful for the most part. The main headquarters in Radnor was a nice building with an onsite gym and nice facilities. The people who I worked around were decent for the most part. My manager was a work-aholic who had no family with a live to work mentality. Traveling and working weekends was expected and compensation time was minimal.
Great gym.
DC Clerk (Current Employee), Visalia, CAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Free gym
Cons: healthcare, supervisors, and the culture.
Health benefits are ok, all other benefits, in my opinion are great. Overall a good place to work, they could strive to pay the employees a bit more, the supervisory staff is not the best. If the could keep someone for more than three years then maybe they would be ok.
Steady work for sure and the overtime is there.
Productive work but very little job security
Inventory Site Coordinator (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 5, 2015
Pros: Flexable hours, Mon-Fri work week, benefits
Cons: Job security
I was hired to come aboard the VWR Catalyst Team last year after obtaining my college degree. Over the past year, I enjoyed coming to work along with a great mulitude of people at the customer site. My VWR Colleague, and the employees at the customer site made it very easy to talk to if I had any work-related issues. However, in April I received word that my position at the customer site would be coming to an end due to the customer going in another direction. I'm glad the news was brought to me in advance to plan ahead for the future. I was lucky enough to be interviewed for two open positions in the Raleigh area...One of them a closer commute for me. A week after my layoff, my supervisor contacted me and basically said that I would be attending a meet and greet session a few days later for that position, but two weeks later they decided to go with another candidate. That news was basically a slap in my face. If you are looking for a job with security and wanting growth within the company, VWR is not the place for it.
Willing to Relocate for the right Opportunity
Site Services Manager (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CA and Vacaville, caMay 28, 2015
My biggest opportunity is my long commute! If I could cut out my hours in traffic and work from home 3 days a week I would be satisfied!
Love working working for VWR
On-Site Coordinator (Former Employee), waco txMay 22, 2015
Pros: My boss did not have to worryng about my job working.
Cons: Very said when my boss had to leave VWR.
I like working for VWR moved to allergen for better job. This company made sure you were trained well and could work on you own. They will send you to a trading school of theres it needed.
People is the main reason
Credit /Collections Analyst (Former Employee), Brisbane, CAMay 9, 2015
The people is one of the main reasons I stayed with this company for 30+years but the culture changed in the last 10 years. Good people either left or were let go.
I enjoy working at VWR
Manager Client and Mobile Services, North America (Current Employee), Radnor, PAMay 5, 2015
VWR Is the industry leader in scientific supplies. They have strong leadership. However there is little room for advancement and they typically look outside for upper management.
Customer Service
Customer Care Expert (Former Employee), Swedesboro, NJApril 13, 2015
Incoming calls for scientific and medical supply company, used SAP to complete customer and warehouse requests. Made sure customers received accurate orders on time, rushed orders out if necessary. Great company to work for.
constant change in group/department structure & more heavy workload & HIGH PRESSURE with poor management at all levels. no career path/discrimination
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago ILApril 10, 2015
Pros: some nice coworkers
Cons: Nepotism, Lack of consistent vision, goals & profit margins, unqualified Supervisors, manage by fear, terrible
Company run by outdated Sr. Leadership with no regard for work/home life balance. Poor pay & awful conditions heavy nepotism no matter how many achievements here & your professionalism Supervisors & Site Manager promotion & raises based in nepotism. Outdated technology & building. No decent cafeteria or breakroom to truly rejuvenate. No PTO & every year pile on heavier workload to those not related to manager. all of us had to wear coat & blanket all day past 3 Winters lack of heat. Blazing hot in "office" rest of yr. Heavy discriminatory practices against employees no matter how outstanding their work. Company refuses to invest in infrastructure Terrible place...RUN don't even consider working here!!!!! OMG VWR needs to wake up & join 21st Century. Such arrogant incompetent leaders.
I did have a good supervise--he was very good to all of us.
Building Support Manager (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Yes at lunch was good. It give time to relax to sit back & take time out.
Cons: Yes at time you need a time out, most of all when you have to clean the snow away that part i did-not like at all.
The day start at 7:00 A.M. Till 4:30. It ok at times but the most of it is when the weather is bad you have to go out to clean off the snow out of the way. The best part is when spring time come you can enjoy the weather as well. My co-workers were and we work together at time to help each other out. As I have state in my last part what I have learn was were I can and have to do it on my own. I can have my own business what I can do on my own. You were your own boss were if you needs help you call out to ask for it but others then that it was an 8 hours job you got to do what needs to be done. You do it and that it.
Good work, good compensation, poor managment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Sanborn NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable work, Good people, Great hours and compensation
Cons: Management and supervision of maintenance department
A typical day at work for me is starting with a maintenance meeting. From there I start on my daily/ monthly preventative maintenance tasks. Sometimes there are more pressing matters and those become priority. Throughout the day I usually perform electrical and plumbing jobs as needed as well as inspections on equipment and machinery.

I have learned some different troubleshooting techniques from other co-workers. I've also learned to prioritize my jobs-to-be-done in order of safety and importance.

The management of the maintenance department is poor. The supervisor sounds knowledgeable, yet has a hard time troubleshooting a problem and often asks his employees to solve the problem. He is not easy to approach for help or guidance.

My co-workers are knowledgeable and experienced. Two of them like to work alone, the other is a team player. I can work in either scenario.

The hardest part of my job is finding proper help through my maintenance supervisor. As stated above, he is not easy to approach and often grows frustrated when he can not solve the issue or fails to find help for his employees with an issue.

The most enjoyable part of the job is diagnosing and repairing a problem for a production worker. They seem to genuilly appreciate the work that you have done. I believe keeping up good relations, and talking through a problem builds trust and knowledge between the maintainer and the operator.
Headquarters
    VWR International website
    VWR Careers on Facebook
    VWR Careers on LinkedIn
    VWR Careers on Twitter
    Join Our Talent Community!
    Search for Careers with VWR