VWR International

VWR International Employer Reviews

Outstanding Company
Designer (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 4, 2014
Management and co-workers are the best.
Corporate decides at will who they cut in times of economic hardship with little or no thought as to damage done to individuals.
Excellent Place Of Employment
Inventory Control/ Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Bridgeport New JerseyDecember 1, 2014
Pros: healthcare, excellent pay
Cons: layoffs
My time at VWR began in the accounts payable department, where I learned how to interact with customers local and International. I was an account expense clerk doing check runs, expense reports and customer service. I also was able to work in the inventory control department where I was able to monitor inventory coming in and leaving the building. I – more... was able to perform customer service in this department solving incoming problems of vendors. – less
Family friendly, good benefits, good cause. Lots of dysfunction
Regulatory Affairs Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 28, 2014
VWR would be a great company to work for if it weren't for their insatiable drive for explosive growth by any and all means possible. They have great infrastructure but are so fractured by competing priorities that teams don't work well together.
Distribution Warehouse Office Environment
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee), Suwanee, GANovember 14, 2014
Pros: free fruit
Cons: limited advancement
Repetitive duties, great hours, extended benefits offered.
Challenging
Inventory Management Specialist (Current Employee), Radnor, PANovember 12, 2014
Pros: meeting people from all over the world
Cons: poor communication between management and workers
Good stepping stone. Co workers were ok knowledgeable of job. Hardest part of job was to not engage in the politics or let them get you down. Most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying the customer and enhancing the reputation of the company.
Must know industry to be successful
Sales Specialist to Biotech/Pharma/Industry (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: little or no training
Key to doing well is being able to connect with internal sales reps, external vendor reps while developing working relationships with customers. Most deals are transactional but need to develop long term customer business strategies.
Stay Far Away!
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Radnor, PAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: field sales freedom
Cons: culture, fear based leaders, advance on "who you know"
This could be a good company but it has a horrible culture in senior management and very little sense of direction.
Productive work place
Putaway Associate (Current Employee), Visalia, CAOctober 16, 2014
Employees are good to work witj and the supervisors are very dependable.
Its Better Than Working in Retail
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee), Spring House, PAOctober 15, 2014
Good hours and pay. Some of the staff are a bit petty and immature, but you will find that just about anywhere.
Account Rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no raises
Job Work Life balance is not good no advancement job culture need to change
Productive and great learning environment
Summer Intern, Supply Chain (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2014
1. Great Management Support
2. Great work/life balance
3. Very talented people
4. Mid-size firm but collaborative work environment
Good exercise for stress management.
Order Associates (Former Employee), Mer Rouge, LASeptember 16, 2014
Very interesting offshore business but lack of control from Admin and Management based at local dept upon foreign coaches.
Great entry level position
Lab Support Technician (Current Employee), Ambler, PASeptember 11, 2014
Making media for researchers
Research is not perfect and it takes time to discover
management is very responsive
Great company with an A++ training program
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee), Batavia, ILSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: excellent training program.
I was very impressed with the training program provided by VWR International. It is second to none and I now have the same expectation for future employment after moving further away now that I am ready to get back to work after being an at home mom.

Highly recommended!!
Boring, slow, mind numbing second class citizen work
Working at Intel (Current Employee), Hillsboro ORAugust 23, 2014
Pros: you get exercise depending on your location
Cons: pay sucks, your peers are a-holes, zero brain usage
You'd think working at Intel was fun. The idea is anyway, the job is, well... let's just say it's not very challenging work.

Intel employees have tunnel vision, meaning, they act like robots who can't change their normal routine going from place to place. They may have masters degrees but ended up with zero social skills. So they get in your way a – more... lot. God forbid a door breaks, they won't know where to detour.

Then there's the dbags who do notice you and treat you like you're there to pick up after them like a janitor. Yeah, that's not what we are hired to do. Construction workers are also sloppy at times but they leave garbage around whether you're there or not. I suppose that comes with the territory.

Did I mention this job requires zero brain activity? No computer skills needed folks. If you're dumber than a box of rocks and have your GED, this job might be perfect for you.

Benefits kick in after 90 days. Pay is low but what do you expect for the job. Whoever designed the 'uniform' needs a new set of eyes.

This is the kind of job high school kids would love to have vs working fast food. – less
Interesting. Learn something new on a daily basis.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Visalia, CAAugust 22, 2014
I check orders for accuracy as well as integrity of packaging prior to shipment. Retrieve necessary certificates.
good
Warehouse Supervisor / Team Lead (Former Employee), Bridgeport, NJAugust 20, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: @nd shift not day work
i picked packed and shipped hazmat chemicals. i liked working for this company . great salary and hours. benefits were excelent
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Bridgeport, NJAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great environment, training, and management styles
Cons: laid off
Lovely people, management was always helpful and wanted to see employees grow professionally.
I loved my job and the fulfillment it gave me.
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 4, 2014
I enjoyed working with my coworkers and management. Very Customer focus also caring. We are committed to our internal and external customers, We will go the extra mile. Team work and effort
Productive environment with opportunity to grow
Sales / Customer SAP Expert (Former Employee), Batavia ILJuly 21, 2014
Pros: benefits, decent salary, learning new system
Cons: working late, limited team interactions
VWR customer care department is hands on. You deal with the customers exclusively and learn per phone call. There are opportunity to work in other specific customer call environments. Many people who started out on phones worked their way into management roles and sales positions. It makes use of your customer service skills and you have to work through – more... issues. Patience is needed. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About VWR International

VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a leading, independent provider of laboratory products, services – Read more

VWR International Photos