VyStar Credit Union

VyStar Credit Union Employer Reviews

Great customer service
Teller (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Credit Union I've been with as a customer since I was 10 years old and started my banking career. They get it right in all aspects of banking.
Excellent place to work.
Teller Specialist II (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: high moral and constant teamwork
Cons: difficult management at the end of my employment
A typical day at work consisted of helping members with transactions. I learned a lot about customer service and helping people. Management varied over the years. It was excellent for a few years, then other managers were brought in that had a different management style that clashed with a lot of employees. I got along great with my co-workers. We often spent time outside of work going to dinner, the movies, and other functions. No part of the job was hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was how close everyone was.
Busy
Lead Teller (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaOctober 29, 2014
Everyday brings something different. There are days where it is laid back and easy and other days are filled with tasks to complete
A variety of duties. Fast paced environment.
Member Relationship Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FlOctober 22, 2014
Great experience. A typical day of work was proforming a variety of duties.
Felt like family
Mortgage Servicing Representative II (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 26, 2014
Love this job. Was saddened to have to quit due to family illness.
family oriented call center for a credit union
Collector 1 (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: professional work environment
Cons: location
Initiating contact with members through consistent inbound and outbound calls to negotiate payment arrangements on various types of lines of credit.
productive business workplace
Teller (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great finaincal learning experience
Cons: no health benefits and worked every weekend
the environment of vystar was very quite and calm very business professional busy at times but it helped the day go by. the most enjoyable part was helping members become better at financial stability the hardest part was learning all the new products and services that would need to marketed to the members when they came in. no vacation or health benefits for part time employees so that was a downside but overall a great place to work
Great Company to Work For
Teller Specialist I (Current Employee), JacksonvilleAugust 4, 2014
Being a Teller is nice depending on who you work with. A typical day consists of helping members with deposits, withdrawals, transfers, paying bills, and offering services. I've learned to be very patient with difficult members. The hardest part of the job for me was getting members to sit and talk with our member service specialists to get loans and credit cards. Most people these days are in debt or have bad credit, so they're afraid to get into deeper debt. Which is understandable. I felt like they wanted me to push products and services, although the company claims that's not what they want us to do. They want us to see where they need "help". But they stress about us meeting goals. So I feel like I'm pushing products at my members so I can reach my goals, so I can get a raise and a promotion. The most enjoyable part was working in the drive thru, experience a new work environment, and also meeting new friends.
Great place to work with room for advancement
Teller Specialist III (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2014
Great company. Coworkers and management are easy to get along with.
Productive place of employment
Member Services (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: big meetings were always fun and good food
Cons: when i couldn't figure out sometimes why i couldn't get balanced. it made me frustrated
Would come into work and log in to my phone and take member calls.

Learned how to keep people calm regarding their accounts and usually have them hang up happy.

Management was always motivating you

Co-workers were all nice and easy to ask them questions on something I wasn't sure about

Hardest part of the job would be making sure all accounts were balanced at the end of the day after making transfers and such.

Most enjoyable part of the job was keeping the members happy.
Loved working there
Business Relation Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: job security. excellent family like co-workers
Cons: health care cost and change in paid time accrual
Collegues were or are like family there, especially within the internal departments very close tight knit. Like most places of employment balancing the different priorities.
Great work enviroment
Member Service represenative (Current Employee), Fleming IslandFebruary 5, 2014
Co workers or great and love to help we do things for each other to make our company the best.

management is great as wll they acknowledge you work and praise you for doing a great job.
Great President
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: the president of the company
Cons: shows too much favortism.
The president of Vystar Credit Union Is wonderful and he cares about his employees.
great place to acquire needed experience
Teller (Former Employee), JacksonvilleJanuary 8, 2014
I would recommend working at any financial institution. It provides great learning tools to be successful at other future jobs.
productive and fun environment
Teller (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLJanuary 7, 2014
Getting to know your customers is the best part of the job and being able to assist them in anyway possible.
Wonderful Opportunities
Member Service (Current Employee), Fleming Island, FLOctober 1, 2013
Pros: hire from within, great potential for advancement
Cons: weekend hours
Great work environment because members really love VyStar Credit Union.
Training for each position is incredibly thorough and customer service is top notch.
Vystar is a wonderful working environment where they support and motivate a team atmosphere.
Home Preservation Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville FLAugust 22, 2013
Vystar is a supporting environment. I worked under mortgage servicing where I was part of a small team responsible for the end modification of loans. I performed all tasks a standard underwriter would in review of credit and position on the customer then would escalate to our manager who had the traditional lending authority with our recommendation to approve or deny the request for modification.

I was personally responsible for a gambit of reports and analytics in Excel, Access and other Microsoft programs in addition to my personal tasks in my daily job.

In this job I took what I learned from my previous employer Wells Fargo Bank and applied it to a more open environment within Vystar. There is meticulous focus on our quality and while that is a specialty of mine, it serves as the most challenging portion of this job. We are here to protect our members and for that we are tasked at the highest standards of excellence.
Career
Facilities Production Coordinator (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 5, 2013
Cons: time off
The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is challenging everyday and is continuously changing.
member oriented place!
Teller Specialist III (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 4, 2013
VyStar is a lovely credit union to work for. I really miss working there. I only left due to child birth, but I would def. work there again if I lived in Jacksonville. The co workers and upper management are wonderfil people. The members are great too.
A Fantastic Place to Work
Lead Teller (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 4, 2013
Pros: growth opportunities, great benefits, fun work environment
Cons: salaries are not very high
The management cares about all employees, and it shows. Salaries are not great, but health and time-off benefits are excellent. Work environment is nice and friendly, and management will really help you move up within the company. A great place to work.