VyStar Credit Union Employee Reviews

Business Services Lender
Business Service Lender (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 9, 2017
It is important that VyStar consider its pay structure, it is far below the average. VyStar is a good place to begin your career and get experience but will then need to move on.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay, Management
Member Relationship Specialist III
Member Relationship Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 5, 2017
Great place to work. Minor hicups throughout. Overall great management. Great learning and working experience.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people helping people philosophy. I really enjoyed sharing in the car loan and home purchase experience assisting the members achieve their dreams.
Pros
Security, didnt worry about layoffs
Cons
beginning pay was low but eventually caught up.
Demanding working place
Member Service Representative I/ Lending I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 31, 2017
Demanding working place environment. Too much information and tasks expected to be done on a daily basis and a short period of time. Competitive environment with too many goals to measure up.
Pros
Paid Financial classes, lots of paid training
Cons
too much information and tasks expected to be done on daily basis
Fun & rewarding place to work
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Macclenny, FLMay 15, 2017
Lots of room for advancement, always offers training classes and ways to improve overall. Pays well, realistic place to work. Member focused and employee focused.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Learned a lot great people
Teller (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville FLMay 13, 2017
I learned a lot. It is a great company to learn and acquire the skills from as well as to advance.
Very stressful, but it appears that's industry wide.
Fun place to work super understanding but I don't like working saturdays.
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2017
Too many saturdays if you work at a small branch. Great coworkers and good advancement within the company just takes some time for you to move. awesome company
Can be stressful
Call Center Inbound Member Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLMarch 29, 2017
Take 80-120 calls per day, deal with a wide variety of members with varying degrees of needs.

Feel micromanaged.

Hardest part: being robotic about service, always having to cover everything.

Enjoyable: solving an issue for a member that really needs assistance.
Pros
reasonable health care costs
Cons
must heed to very strict schedules
Stressful workplace
Member Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 21, 2017
I've been with the company for 2 years and this company has gone downhill fast. No advancement at all, and too much management favoritism. I would not recommend this employer
Pros
Pay, Pto
Cons
Will not only do your work, but the work of others while they do nothing. Management favoritism. No advancement
Best financial institution to work for
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2017
VYstar is the best credit union to work for and has many benefits for employees. Like most jobs it's best if you know someone but for most part they are very selective in a good way.
Productive work place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 21, 2017
Loved working here! Management was awesome! Very friendly work environment! Hours were great! Work days started from 7:45am to 5:30pm.
fast paced
Teller specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 1, 2017
On a regular work day we performed duties such as balancing cash drawers, processing member transactions. I learned about the credit union and Banking industry and how it functions.The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be interacting with all the members that come in.
Pros
bonuses, free food
Cons
short breaks depending on where you are
Great place to work with employees valued highly.
Fraud and BSA/AML Investigator III (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 28, 2017
Working for VyStar has been an amazing environment to be apart of. The employees really care about the members and live that mantra that Vystar remembers that it is your money.
VyStar was an amazing place to work
Member Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 9, 2017
VyStar is a great company to work with if you are willing to do your work as a professional.They offer continuing education with CBTs. Hardest part of my job was leaving it. I left due to my mother's health and retired to take care of her until her passing. The most enjoyable part was the team I was on.
Absolutely Wonderful place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 14, 2016
Loved everything about working here, my supervisors were the best, my co-workers were team players, I enjoyed the members, I enjoyed my job, I loved the hours, I enjoyed experiencing going to different branches to help out,and the pay was good, cant say enough wonderful things about this place
Professional environment with good attributes.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLOctober 18, 2016
I learned a lot in the field of finances and banking. Maintaining a professional discipline and a sincere welcoming to all members. The best moments were always when I felt the appreciation from a member from the good work they received from me.
Good First Time Job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLAugust 15, 2016
The job was a good job for an entry level position. The management was good and responsive to my needs. I felt like a valuable employee. I recommend this company.
Pros
Great Management and Work Mission
Customer Service
Membership Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2016
Working in this company as a member relationship specialist is one where you learn more about customer service than you ever thought possible. VyStar pride itself on its values and goals and you want to make sure you are not slacking on those. They do have secret shops that test those skills but they also have management and fellow co-workers to help you grow your skills and learn from your past errors.
Pros
3 tier healthcare plans, internal job opportunity growth and movement
Cons
30 minute non-paid lunch
robot
Customer Service/Sells (Current Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLJuly 17, 2016
You are expected to be a robot.They do not care if you have a life outside of work. If you are sick, have an accident, have small children and no one can take care of them any reason at all that causes you to miss work will count as a occurance and too many will get you fired. The members are horriable and becuase they are spoiled, meaning they get whatever,they want, all they gotta do is ask for a supervisor or the CEO and they get taken care of in a sec, not counting the hour you spent on the phone with them tellign them no because your supervisor rejected your request to help member. If you are ok with being treated like a number and poo on the phone and no one caring that you are an actual human being then this is the job for you.
It's ok
Member Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2016
If you do the basics then you can get promoted and get more money. However, the more money you get the more they want to triple your work load. If you have no kids and no family then this is the place. If you have a family this is not. They do not care about your family life. You will work EVERY Saturday.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short breaks, bad work life balance
Ambitious job at an ambitious company
Member Representative Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of opening new accounts, performing account maintenance, processing credit card and auto loan applications, problem resolution, and member education.

While I was only at VyStar for a little over a year, I enjoyed my time there and I learned a lot. Some through training classes, but a lot from on the job training. That would be my main complaint about the credit union because that can be hard to deal with when you have a customer sitting there staring at you from across your desk while you search for an answer to their question about their account or loan...not fun!

There is tremendous room for growth if you're up to the challenge. The compensation was great for me, benefits are inexpensive and good, upper mgmt is visible and accessible.

Hardest part of the job is meeting your loan goals because you're dealing with people's credit challenges at the same time.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being able to help people with whatever their request was. I also really enjoyed the holidays. They celebrate everything, Halloween costume contests, Christmas trees in all the branches, etc. It made for a fun working environment. I'd still be there if I hadn't had to move out of the area for family issues.
Pros
Inexpensive benefits, family feel to the company, you're not just a number.
Cons
Short breaks, on the job training, some sales pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VyStar Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.