VyStar Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

robot
Customer Service/Sells (Current Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLJuly 17, 2016
You are expected to be a robot.They do not care if you have a life outside of work. If you are sick, have an accident, have small children and no one can take care of them any reason at all that causes you to miss work will count as a occurance and too many will get you fired. The members are horriable and becuase they are spoiled, meaning they get whatever,they want, all they gotta do is ask for a supervisor or the CEO and they get taken care of in a sec, not counting the hour you spent on the phone with them tellign them no because your supervisor rejected your request to help member. If you are ok with being treated like a number and poo on the phone and no one caring that you are an actual human being then this is the job for you.
High energy workplace with great team atmosphere
Member Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day at Vystar Credit Union included servicing our members needs, whether it was applying for a loan, financial counseling, or setting up new accounts. I expanded my knowledge of sales, marketing, and customer service in this position. Management and my co-workers were great as they were always willing to give me advice if needed. The hardest part of my job I would say was turning down members for loans because of their financial state. However, the most enjoyable part of my job was when i was able to make a positive financial difference for a member through lending or financial counseling.
Pros
great team atmosphere
Cons
no available overtime
Customer Service
Membership Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2016
Working in this company as a member relationship specialist is one where you learn more about customer service than you ever thought possible. VyStar pride itself on its values and goals and you want to make sure you are not slacking on those. They do have secret shops that test those skills but they also have management and fellow co-workers to help you grow your skills and learn from your past errors.
Pros
3 tier healthcare plans, internal job opportunity growth and movement
Cons
30 minute non-paid lunch
It's ok
Member Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2016
If you do the basics then you can get promoted and get more money. However, the more money you get the more they want to triple your work load. If you have no kids and no family then this is the place. If you have a family this is not. They do not care about your family life. You will work EVERY Saturday.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short breaks, bad work life balance
Good job stability, overall good place to work.
Member Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 14, 2015
Not much to say other then, OK company to work for. Slow moving advancement unless several years put in on the job. Overall good place to work.
Pros
Good benefits, job stability.
Cons
Advancement
Human Resources Level II
Human Resources Level II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2016
Responsible for potential employees hiring process
Preformed background and credit checks on potential employees
Conduced employee screening and testing
Conducted company drug screening
Job placement and acclimatization for new employees
Pros
Friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Ambitious job at an ambitious company
Member Representative Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of opening new accounts, performing account maintenance, processing credit card and auto loan applications, problem resolution, and member education.

While I was only at VyStar for a little over a year, I enjoyed my time there and I learned a lot. Some through training classes, but a lot from on the job training. That would be my main complaint about the credit union because that can be hard to deal with when you have a customer sitting there staring at you from across your desk while you search for an answer to their question about their account or loan...not fun!

There is tremendous room for growth if you're up to the challenge. The compensation was great for me, benefits are inexpensive and good, upper mgmt is visible and accessible.

Hardest part of the job is meeting your loan goals because you're dealing with people's credit challenges at the same time.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being able to help people with whatever their request was. I also really enjoyed the holidays. They celebrate everything, Halloween costume contests, Christmas trees in all the branches, etc. It made for a fun working environment. I'd still be there if I hadn't had to move out of the area for family issues.
Pros
Inexpensive benefits, family feel to the company, you're not just a number.
Cons
Short breaks, on the job training, some sales pressure
Best Company to work for
Senior Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 11, 2015
Every employee is friendly and helpful. Leadership does a great job of taking care of their people. CEO sets the example and is one of the smartest and well spoken person I know. Senior Team are all great listeners and foster a great working enviroment
Pros
too many to list
Cons
none at all
Vystar
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLJune 20, 2016
Vystar was a great company to work for with great benefits. I loved this job and the whole aspect of being in a financial field and being given the accessibility to handle anything I thought I could
great place to work!
Teller Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 12, 2015
Great place to work, plenty of opportunities for advancement. Great place to start a career. I learned a lot from my colleagues, and management is great. They really care about their employees and it shows.
Clown's to the Left of me.....
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fleming Island, Florida.March 19, 2015
A typical day at work could be troubleshooting problems with a members computer, specifically the browser settings so they may access the Internet Web Site to the Credit Union or provide account information to our members. Co-Workers were the best. With two exceptions, Management left a bit to be desired. Co-Workers tried to help each other, basic attitude was "We are all in this together". Management was protective of their "turf" and saw any offer of assistance as an insult. Although, ideas for process improvement were "welcomed", none were implemented or seriously considered. Management was thoroughly knowledgeable on products.

I enjoyed helping people, hated the constant fear of making a mistake because they were unforgiveable or expressing an opinion that ran counter to the party line, although we kept it in house.
Pros
good benefits, great co-workers
Cons
difficult management
Great Place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlApril 18, 2015
VyStar offered a good work environment allowing for advancement and gave a competitive salary with good benefits. Management fostered a team attitude and encouraged advancement.
Productive and Friendly company
CALL CENTER MEMBER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLJuly 25, 2015
Co-workers are respectful, management awesome, very welcoming environment, all around good company, steady growth, diverse.

I've learned a lot about banking, money management, loans, money laundering prevention, professionalism.

The hardest part of the job is meeting monthly goals and finding helpful information to assist members if a supervisor isn't available.

The most enjoyable part is the peaceful atmosphere, incentives, and everyone is truly like family.
Pros
Great company, no layoff rate
Cons
Short Lunch Breaks, Can get a bit unorganized
The management is horrible
Project Server/SharePoint Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 27, 2016
There are only a handful of IT folks (approx. 100 people department) that have been here more than 1 year. The fact that there's no longevity speaks volumes.
Very nice environment to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 18, 2015
My typical day consisted of being a teller, performing basic teller transactions and answering any questions a member may have. I also had to make sure the money balanced correctly every night before leaving.
Pros
I got to see the same members often and they were always nice
Cons
Dealing with members who were angry because of their account status or having to put a check on hold
Great Company to Work For
Teller Specialist I (Current Employee) –  JacksonvilleAugust 4, 2014
Being a Teller is nice depending on who you work with. A typical day consists of helping members with deposits, withdrawals, transfers, paying bills, and offering services. I've learned to be very patient with difficult members. The hardest part of the job for me was getting members to sit and talk with our member service specialists to get loans and credit cards. Most people these days are in debt or have bad credit, so they're afraid to get into deeper debt. Which is understandable. I felt like they wanted me to push products and services, although the company claims that's not what they want us to do. They want us to see where they need "help". But they stress about us meeting goals. So I feel like I'm pushing products at my members so I can reach my goals, so I can get a raise and a promotion. The most enjoyable part was working in the drive thru, experience a new work environment, and also meeting new friends.
cohesive team environment.
TELLER SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 1, 2015
Customer oriented.Daily goals required for incentive compensation.Friendly staff.Nice benefits.Nice building.Everyone works as a team for a smooth flowing work day.
Pros
Generally nice staff.
Cons
Inconsistent schedule.
ok
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 14, 2016
ok, environment. very basic 9 to 5 settings no perks of over achevement. THe hardest part of this wob was seeing your managers taking it easy as your are left to do most of the work.
Fun workplace
Teller Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 24, 2016
Assist members with their transactions(withdraws, deposits, cashiers check and money orders) and assist in Drive-thru.
Friends Inc.
Member Services Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Fleming IslandSeptember 1, 2015
This company only promotes favorites, no matter how hard of a worker you are or how great your stats are, unless you're best friends with upper management, you're going no where.