VyStar Credit Union

VyStar Credit Union United States Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FlApril 18, 2015
VyStar offered a good work environment allowing for advancement and gave a competitive salary with good benefits. Management fostered a team attitude and encouraged advancement.
VyStar overall...my opinion
credit union employee (Current Employee), vystar credit union in Jacksonville, FloridaApril 6, 2015
Pros: Terry West is very personable! Location.......starting wage.......quiet office...........
Cons: good employees let go, lack of opportunity for BackOffice, mnmgmnt has favorites1 one in department that person get promotions that the don't qualify for
I have been a VyStar employee for over ten years. I have learned so much with this company. I wanted to become a Teller, but the interviewer suggested working in the Call Center. That was a bonus back then - it paid more to start at the Call Center...but the wage is the same now....I have had several positions here. I believe that my wage is fair. We get an annual bonus based on the company's performance at year end. We get annual salary increases (depending on your individual performance). It's fair. In my current position balance with my home life and time off is good. I've heard for others in other departments that it's harder to take time off, but that's not an issue for me. We have three different medical tiers to choose from, I have the most basic for self only which is about $21 a check...for dental about $11 a check...vision...about $5 a check....I believe that Vystar's wages are higher than other local credit unions...for example a loan disburser here makes about $19 an hour (the wage may be more now)...but a loan disburser at Community First starts at about $15....A Call center and branch position starts at about $14.92...A branch supervisor...starts at about $40000 annually ....same for a call center supervisor...Vice President's at branch level are tiered too...starting at about $55000 a year.....The branch life is good place to start...you have to reach a lot of goals though...If you are a go getter..this is right for you.....Many departments have goals...but I think the Branch staff have the most goals....for non exempt employees..you have a 30 minute lunch....Vystar also offers tuition reimbursement..$2000 annually, discounts off the YMCA...there are constant promotional opportunities for leadership roles in the branch level.....and many get this position who have never lead a team before perhaps because they are top producers and meet loan goals.
Stable place of employement
Title Processor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2015
The culture at Vystar is wonderful and includes involvement in many charities. In addition, with dedication and reliability there is always room for growth with the company.
Clown's to the Left of me.....
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee), Fleming Island, Florida.March 19, 2015
Pros: good benefits, great co-workers
Cons: difficult management
A typical day at work could be troubleshooting problems with a members computer, specifically the browser settings so they may access the Internet Web Site to the Credit Union or provide account information to our members. Co-Workers were the best. With two exceptions, Management left a bit to be desired. Co-Workers tried to help each other, basic attitude was "We are all in this together". Management was protective of their "turf" and saw any offer of assistance as an insult. Although, ideas for process improvement were "welcomed", none were implemented or seriously considered. Management was thoroughly knowledgeable on products.

I enjoyed helping people, hated the constant fear of making a mistake because they were unforgiveable or expressing an opinion that ran counter to the party line, although we kept it in house.
grea management
Teller Specialist II (Former Employee), Jacksonville FloridaFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: nothing bad to say
Great team awesome work environment, management take time to care for employees quick opportunity for growth in your career and very friendly people.
Great customer service
Teller (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Credit Union I've been with as a customer since I was 10 years old and started my banking career. They get it right in all aspects of banking.
Excellent place to work.
Teller Specialist II (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: high moral and constant teamwork
Cons: difficult management at the end of my employment
A typical day at work consisted of helping members with transactions. I learned a lot about customer service and helping people. Management varied over the years. It was excellent for a few years, then other managers were brought in that had a different management style that clashed with a lot of employees. I got along great with my co-workers. We often spent time outside of work going to dinner, the movies, and other functions. No part of the job was hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was how close everyone was.
Busy
Lead Teller (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaOctober 29, 2014
Everyday brings something different. There are days where it is laid back and easy and other days are filled with tasks to complete
A variety of duties. Fast paced environment.
Member Relationship Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FlOctober 22, 2014
Great experience. A typical day of work was proforming a variety of duties.
Felt like family
Mortgage Servicing Representative II (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 26, 2014
Love this job. Was saddened to have to quit due to family illness.
family oriented call center for a credit union
Collector 1 (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: professional work environment
Cons: location
Initiating contact with members through consistent inbound and outbound calls to negotiate payment arrangements on various types of lines of credit.
productive business workplace
Teller (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great finaincal learning experience
Cons: no health benefits and worked every weekend
the environment of vystar was very quite and calm very business professional busy at times but it helped the day go by. the most enjoyable part was helping members become better at financial stability the hardest part was learning all the new products and services that would need to marketed to the members when they came in. no vacation or health benefits for part time employees so that was a downside but overall a great place to work
Great Company to Work For
Teller Specialist I (Current Employee), JacksonvilleAugust 4, 2014
Being a Teller is nice depending on who you work with. A typical day consists of helping members with deposits, withdrawals, transfers, paying bills, and offering services. I've learned to be very patient with difficult members. The hardest part of the job for me was getting members to sit and talk with our member service specialists to get loans and credit cards. Most people these days are in debt or have bad credit, so they're afraid to get into deeper debt. Which is understandable. I felt like they wanted me to push products and services, although the company claims that's not what they want us to do. They want us to see where they need "help". But they stress about us meeting goals. So I feel like I'm pushing products at my members so I can reach my goals, so I can get a raise and a promotion. The most enjoyable part was working in the drive thru, experience a new work environment, and also meeting new friends.
Great place to work with room for advancement
Teller Specialist III (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2014
Great company. Coworkers and management are easy to get along with.
Productive place of employment
Member Services (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: big meetings were always fun and good food
Cons: when i couldn't figure out sometimes why i couldn't get balanced. it made me frustrated
Would come into work and log in to my phone and take member calls.

Learned how to keep people calm regarding their accounts and usually have them hang up happy.

Management was always motivating you

Co-workers were all nice and easy to ask them questions on something I wasn't sure about

Hardest part of the job would be making sure all accounts were balanced at the end of the day after making transfers and such.

Most enjoyable part of the job was keeping the members happy.
Loved working there
Business Relation Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: job security. excellent family like co-workers
Cons: health care cost and change in paid time accrual
Collegues were or are like family there, especially within the internal departments very close tight knit. Like most places of employment balancing the different priorities.
Great work enviroment
Member Service represenative (Current Employee), Fleming IslandFebruary 5, 2014
Co workers or great and love to help we do things for each other to make our company the best.

management is great as wll they acknowledge you work and praise you for doing a great job.
Great President
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: the president of the company
Cons: shows too much favortism.
The president of Vystar Credit Union Is wonderful and he cares about his employees.
great place to acquire needed experience
Teller (Former Employee), JacksonvilleJanuary 8, 2014
I would recommend working at any financial institution. It provides great learning tools to be successful at other future jobs.
productive and fun environment
Teller (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLJanuary 7, 2014
Getting to know your customers is the best part of the job and being able to assist them in anyway possible.

VyStar Credit Union Salaries