Vyve Broadband Employee Reviews

Overall its a good company to work for.
Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Work and life are pretty much balance. The compensation is not the best, but the ease of dealing with management compensate for that short fall. The atmosphere is family, and everyone is nice.
Good
Commercial support/retention specialist (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKSeptember 21, 2017
Good. Good work environment. Mangers were down to earth. Co workers were not very nice at first. Became pregnant and decided to stay home due to health reasons.
Productive and fun workplace
DIspatcher (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAAugust 22, 2017
While working as Tech support and later as a Dispatcher I would use the same knowledge I had gain of the cable system from working with and assisting customers then to assisting in Technicians with installation and setup of equipment to provide customers with cable, internet, and phone services as well as troubleshoot any issues that arose via VOIP interface and remote access to the equipment.
Pros
the people I worked with
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
There are issues
Universal customer service (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKAugust 18, 2017
Vyve has a very hard time holding onto management. this leads to no training and no feed back.
They tried fun motivational things but never followed through.
Vyve has people "disappear" all the time and it is never talked about. All the sudden your manager is gone and it was like they ere never there at all. Kind of creepy and scary that you will be the next to disappear.
The criteria that you are measured on are completely unrealistic.
Great advancement opportunities
Technical Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 31, 2017
This is a young company with amazing opportunity, If you are a dedicated person and believe in yourself and your career this is the place for you! NE Oklahoma is soon to be a 100/0 success explosion!
Nothing is more important than them.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKApril 29, 2017
There is no real typical day of work.

I learned a fair amount about the cable industry by being around those involved in it despite my position not directly dealing with it.

Lower and mid management with select few upper management are really nice people under a large load of stress.

The culture is basically control through fear, the turnover rate for this company is massive through all levels of employment with virtually no benefit to tenure.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the political backstabbing for personal gain running rampant through the company.

The most enjoyable thing about the job though is helping customers and other employees in any and every way possible.
Pros
Being a part of a business that serves local communities.
Cons
Unreasonable expectations by any industry standards.
great place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, LAApril 24, 2017
I really enjoy working here. It is a fun and learning enviroment to work in. Employees are nice and easy to work with.I learned a lot of things working with this company. They care about there employees and customers.
Not Employee Driven and Unethical Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKMarch 16, 2017
Vyve does not care about their people at all. They make decisions as far as positions based on if the Senior Management Team likes that person or not. They do not base it on performance or merit. this company will not be around much longer as they are losing customers at a breath taking pace as their service is sub-par and unreliable. I would not suggest anyone work there based on my experience and that of others i witnessed.
relaxing place to work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAFebruary 6, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Vyve, all employees and managers treat you like family. Customer Service is what i love to do. At Vyve i got one on one with all my customers, and that is what mattered to me the most. I have always valued my customers and their needs. My manager was always available to assist me when needed, and that was important to me.I helped customers with their statements, took payments, called customers, and assisted customers with their cable packages,started new accounts, and closed out old accounts. The hardest part of the job was when I lost a customer and couldn't save them. My customers were my world and i went above and beyond to meet their needs everday.
dont look at the reviews at the bottom they are paid for by the company
Inbound tech and customer service calls (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKDecember 26, 2016
let me tell you the real store about vyve and how they treat there customers and the people that work for them ...i will tell you up front i worked there for almost 3 years and if you dont kiss a few buts and i mean a few mangers buts then you are nothing and they will not help you and as far as new people coming in to the place the training sucks the mangers there dont help and dont care and would rather go to lunch and smoke with others than help and do there jobs if you dont have to work there dont
Quite Place with large opportunities
Supervisor Chris Karle (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GA 31501December 14, 2016
Vyve was a learning experience for me and it taught me skills I can use in my over all knowledge. I was able to pick up needed communication skills at this job, as well start my retirement funds.
Pros
Good Benefits, Insurance, Team Work
Cons
Unstable Management
Great Company to work for
Installation Technician/maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKNovember 9, 2016
Great team spirit . Management was great the people I worked with were great. The Human Resource people were great...They have great people that work there.
Cons
Forward-thinking & Growing - great opportunity to learn and advance!
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYApril 11, 2016
Vyve Broadband is a forward-thinking company that anticipates and adapts to the changing technological landscape and consumer product needs.

Management is accessible, encouraging, and truly care about the people that make the day-to-day happen.

Given the company is still young and growing every day, the opportunity to raise your hand and take on projects is endless. There aren't a lot of bureaucratic layers or approvals needed to get things done - this allows Vyve to make the customer needs a priority and to act swiftly to implement changes.

Culture is laid back but everyone works hard and rallies behind common growth goals.

The hardest part of the job is being part of a small team - you can't work at Vyve and have the mindset that things "aren't your job". Be ready to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Pros
Good benefits, flat structure/access to senior management, growing
Cons
Small team means workload is heavy (but you aren't expected to work 24/7)
Not an honest company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 30, 2016
They expect you to do whatever it takes to retain a customer, even asking for a death certificate if a family member calls in to cancel a loved ones services after they pass.

They expect you not to ask questions about anything and do not give you the training that you need to run the programs that they use. If you ask questions or speak up about concerns you receive a call from management telling you to keep your mouth shut!

Co-workers are helpful to the point they are allowed but are kept on a lease of what they can and cant show you when you are "nesting"

The hardest part of the job is they consider it a "sink or swim" position and its the customers on the other end that pay for it.

Do not work for this company, they are in it for the bottom line not their employees
Pros
Local Company
Cons
Management sucks
Good company values
Manager, Louisiana systems (Former Employee) –  Westlake, LAMarch 19, 2016
Vyve Broadband operates Cable systems in several states. System Managers are responsible for overall operations in the systems assigned to them.
Fun and loving co workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Durant, OKJanuary 11, 2016
I loved each and every person I worked with they made the job enjoyable. We were a small call center so it was a close knit family.
Pros
Free lunches when we had to work through lunch
Cons
Not always having full support methods
Fun job with changes
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKSeptember 8, 2015
Long hrs & short staffing. Ongoing changes in work dynamic & culture. Promotions given to people instead of posted so employees can apply.
vyve
Sales and Retention Trainer and Lead (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKAugust 5, 2015
I love my company but I am looking to advance my career further. I have learned a lot with them and feel nothing but great things when I think of Vyve.
Don't do it!
Customer Rep (Former Employee) –  shawnee, okJune 13, 2015
I worked for Allegiance before Vyve took over. I enjoyed coming to work then. But Vyve fired everyone who took care of things and showed appreciation to the employees. The management is terrible. They don't care about their customers or employees. Phones can't be answered in a timely manner because there are so many problems that everyone calls in. If you want to work for a place that doesn't care about you and is inconsistent then this is the place for you, otherwise...RUN!
Pros
Free mediocre services
Cons
Everything else but free services.
Very professional atmosphere with close net employees. Worked very well as a group helping to improve the business of the company.
Office Management /Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atchison, KSJune 11, 2015
A typical day at work would start with the opening of the office at 8:00a.m. The work orders for the cable technicians would be assigned accordingly. Equipment would then pulled from inventory and be assigned to the technicians. Helping in assisting with customer payments, questions, problem solving and scheduling a work order if needed. I would build and stage DVRs, cable modems, and cable boxes. Daily deposits and transactions on customer accounts were made. I as in charge of routing work orders to each technician for the work week, Had conference meetings that would entail going over sales, promotions, and any concerns my office would have. I was responsible for operating and maintaining the office by myself at all times.
Pros
Got along great with colleagues, gained great customer relationships with many customer.s
Cons
When marketing material would be mailed out offering services that our area wasn't upgraded for yet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vyve Broadband. Our community is ready to answer.