W. R. Grace Employee Reviews

Challaging and rewarding place to work.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORNovember 13, 2017
I enjoyed the job the challenges of everyday production. Great group of workers. Great benefits. It was a pleasure to work for the company. I would recommend this job to anyone who likes a challenge in a manufacturing setting.
This is useless
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  dumpwaterOctober 6, 2017
Why I am I forced to write this just to be compliant with some useless format developed by a third grader with nothing better to do than torture. make this optional.
WR Grace
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 26, 2017
typical day at work very stress free.. I learned a lot working on a new Dell software system backup storage system.. Management was fair to all employees. best job I every had
Pros
close to home stress free environment
Safe working conditions
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 10, 2017
Good Very safe place to work for.Easy going management that was willing to work with you when unexpected life situations popped up. Great place to work.
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
expensive health care
Focused Based Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 1, 2017
The company is a very driven. Ability to learn different aspects of other individuals jobs. I would recommend the company to those who are looking for that type of environment.
Good company, employees work hard
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 24, 2017
Great company who is on the move. We work hard and have a great team atmosphere. Very collaborative and the company is eager to hear fresh innovative ideas. Wish the work/life balance was a little more balanced. Great benefits.
great place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 24, 2017
Grace is going through many changes all good. They are looking for fresh innovative ideals to take Grace to the next level. The people are wonderful, great team. We do work hard.
I enjoyed my time at Grace. I was laid off due to reduction in force.
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJune 7, 2017
I would go back to Grace if an opportunity presented itself. I enjoyed my time there. I was laid off due to reduction in Force. I worked as a contract employee through Turner Industries.
My opinion
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 11, 2017
I just enjoy working, being a part of a winning team. I continue to stay focused, and come up with ways of encouraging others through example, and hard work.We have a managerial team that asks our input, and follows through on most of our suggestions. The most important part of my job is following safety protocol,getting the processed started, and completed the first time. The hardest part of my job is knowing it will be ending in the next 4, or 5 months.
I had a very good job.
Maintenance Supervisor/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 27, 2017
A very good place to work.I had a great day every day.I had a lot of rewarding times getting work done.Management for the most part was great.Every place I worked had good and poor workers. United States Steel had the best workers.
Pros
Work hard and have fun
Cons
I retired too soon
Export Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 10, 2017
A good place to work, get exposure to different aspects of the business.
Good management support, and good team work
Good benefits, flexible and a lot of team building activities
Chemical Operator
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORFebruary 25, 2017
Poor management skills, they often break labor laws. Operators are exposed to deadly chemicals the pay does not reflect that. Poor pay, treated poorly. Avoid working here unless you absolutely have to.
Pros
12hr shifts, built in overtime.
Cons
Poor management, supervisors are not familiar with labor laws, nobody in management seems to be familiar with Oregon labor laws. Low wages, very expensive health insurance.
Corporate culture
Business Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 19, 2017
Those who enjoy the culture stay for years. People stay for decades. Columbia location has a gym and onsite cafeteria. Both are top notch.
Great workplace with lots of amenities,
SBM Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 18, 2017
I was able to get a lot of relavent work experience while attending Graduate School in the area. A little chaotic at the time I was working there. The company was in the process of splitting.
Pros
free gym on site, cheap cafateria
Cons
no heathcare, considered me part time even though was 40 hr/week
Global Organization
Account Management Specialist, Export/Domestic (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 16, 2016
A lot of politics, micro management, lack of training. Decent benefits, nice work-space, holidays/time off, unethical treatment of employees.
Benefits
Cons
Too many politics
Great company to work for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILDecember 12, 2016
The company was ran efficiently and productively throughout the year. There was very few complaints regarding management and the moral throughout the company.
Pros
Pay, Union Shop and excellent open door policy
Great Place to work
Sr. Engineering Project Manager/Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 12, 2016
Excellent Company to work with, nice environment. People and team oriented. Good benefits. The Organization trains their personnel very well. Good compensation and good retirement plans.
Pros
Good Compensation and Benefits
Okay Place to Work
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 9, 2016
I think that this place is a nice place to work. At times the workload for 1 person can be overwhelming. Yu must be very multi-tasked and able to handle several projects at once.
safety
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2016
Know two days are the same its always something different and sometime challenging. One of the most important things is safety and attention to detail
Pros
pay
Cons
pension
An extremely rewarding company to work for...... but be ready to work hard!
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 25, 2016
My overall experience with Grace has been very positive. The job is challenging and engaging, and there are daily opportunities to learn and expand your skill set. The company often offers excellent training and enrichment options, but those training sessions are often located at central locations such as the company headquarters in Columbia, MD or in Chattanooga, TN. This sometimes makes it difficult for those seeking such training, as plant locations are worldwide and it may be difficult to travel so far on short notice.

Top management seems to be quite engaged with plant and middle management; safety culture is a driving factor behind this, and is heavily encouraged. In my opinion, the salary and benefits are second to none for most employees, and certainly the best that I have ever personally enjoyed.

Co-workers are encouraged to engage and learn from others, and offer the benefit of their knowledge. Many sites have employees with well over 30 years of service, a testament to the stability and satisfaction of working within Grace.

The hardest part of the job (for me, at least) is finding a way to articulate vague or niche concepts to persons who may not necessarily be well-versed in a particular subject matter. My job often puts me in contact with persons in both Legal/Compliance roles and those in Production roles. It may be that neither of those groups fully understand the others' job, and may not understand the others' needs.

This also creates one of the more enjoyable portions of my job; the chance to bring everyone together and create a dialogue that ensures
  more... that everyone's needs and wants are reconciled in a fashion that is safe and succinct.  less
Pros
Excellent salary and benefits, many opportunities to learn and engage.
Cons
Training options can be quite distant from your plant or site, coordinating or receiving approval for travel can be difficult.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at W. R. Grace. Our community is ready to answer.