W.B. Mason Company, Inc Employee Reviews

Great Company with room for advancement and incentives
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJAugust 18, 2017
Even on my bad days i always looked forward to waking up and going to work. The job training was thorough and they pick the best trainer that fits with your learning style. They always had competitions with incentives and there was room for advancement. The manager is incredible and he really takes the time to teach. He is a pure example of a leader rather than a boss.
Pros
Monday through Friday, healthcare benefits, Pto, hour lunch break, Ot
Cons
seldom closed due to inclement weather
Be your own boss
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2017
Could be better if Amazon didnt destroy the market, not sure if this can be a career anymore, maybe just a stepping stone. Good company to work for, just need to get lucky and get big accounts however everyone uses masons so not much left
W.B Mason
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, CTApril 11, 2017
Clock in
Take empty bottles & stack them
Fill all trucks with new water jugs that they need
Picking orders at the same time
Fill all trucks with the correct amount of paper it needs
lay pallets down for the number of trucks there are
& separate the boxes to what number truck it goes too
Fill each truck with however many pallets it has & organize it
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Long Hours Little breaks
Positive
Client Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 9, 2017
Good Experience, I learned a lot of valuable skills and met a lot of good people. They are downsizing their customer service department so i have to pursue other opportunities.
Back Breakers
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJApril 4, 2017
Long days, no recognition. If you get hurt like I did you are tossed away, no calls, no follow up. Just bye have a nice day. There are other options
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long days, hard work, no help
Lack of motivation by supervisors. No care for you the worker at ALL
Supply driver (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 29, 2017
no help on your route 5flr walk ups paper water no help packages you are always wrong no matter what point blank please don't take a day off for emergency you will get a write up even though you got proof that you where in a life or death Situation. Save your back and legs from this job
Pros
You can feed your family
Cons
You will be let go in a heartbeat flat
Interesting Job (Delivery Driver)
Deliver Driver (Former Employee) –  SF, CAFebruary 16, 2017
The good"
First I would say that this is a very nice company with great management and a friendly atmosphere. My manager/co-workers were very kind and accommodating. Everyone is very professional and upfront about most expectations. Pay was good as well. Both in the hourly rate of $16 an hour starting and the fact that you get paid every Friday. "EVERY FRIDAY"
Along with good benifits.

The bad"
I was expected to start at 6:30am and work until finished with my route. That didn't seem to bad until I started and learned that I would be making deliveries until 6:30-7pm. After that, it would be another Hour or so back to the warehouse to drop off the truck and then head home. Essentially I would work 12-15 hour days consistently. Even tho they pay over time, and have good benifits. That kind of work life is not for me. In a spane of 24 hours, that's 15 hours of work with 2 hours of total commute, which leaves 7 hours to sleep. Where O'Where would I do anything for/with my family.

On the other hand, those who are not afraid of hard laborus work with long work hours should apply. Just be aware of expectations, ask the right questions before accepting the job. Make sure this is the right fit for you. It is definitely not for everyone.
Pros
Weekly pay, good benifits, friendly co-workers, lots of work
Cons
15 hour days, hard laborus work
easy job, stable, three shifts, many jobs, no advancement
Inventory Lead (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJanuary 24, 2017
Depending on what department that an associate works within, as they are all relatively easy and upon hiring, its a job for life. Clock in and out on time, and as long as you don't steal time, or get into a fight, you have a job for life. No accountability therefor you need no skill set, or work ethics.
Great benefits, to include a cell phone and all paid phone operation.
The down side, its the worst logistical operating warehouse in the United States, to include the federal government.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
worst management, and operational, they are a disaster
Nice Job, with good people to work along.
Forklift Operator/Order Puller/Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 20, 2017
They shut down the shift that I was working, so now I'm out of work looking for a job. Really never allowed me to get my feet in the door. I would have like to at least got a heads up on that also, but I found out a day later on my way to work..
Place is filthy
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJanuary 18, 2017
Management knows only what employees tell them.
They never fix anything. The place is run like a dump.
Ppl are very unfriendly. Work environment is horrible and it doesn't look like it will change.
Pros
Cons
Hours pay enviroment
Great Work Environment, Rewarding if successful
Sales Trainer- Manager (Former Employee) –  Old Lyme, CTJanuary 17, 2017
W.B. Mason is a great company to learn how to sell.

In outside sales, account executives are given the tools to succeed and do well.

Management is fair and helpful.

Hours can be long, but a very rewarding job if you work hard.
W.B Mason Review
Suppy Driver (Current Employee) –  Lyndonville, VTJanuary 6, 2017
Good place to work, basically your own boss as long as you get your deliveries done, fast pasted so time goes by fast, good pay and benifits
Pros
Good Pay/Benifits
Cons
Weather
Alot of pressure to meet quota
Account Manager/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 3, 2017
You are given a territory and are consistently expected to meet a quota that has little to do with overall performance. If you do not meet your quota you are cut loose. Management is too busy to help if you are struggling and they only care about saving face.
Cons
No work life balance, long hours
not bad at all free soda chips and sometimes food for lunch
Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 28, 2016
moving all day because was on the road all the time sometimes new york and then sometimes in conn deliever product to different companys with the driver i was a helper
Pros
free food
Cons
to much driving
Fun place to start career
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 22, 2016
A good place to start your sales career. Unrealistic expectations form management. Good pay for entry level job. Managers are promoted based on favorites.
Pros
high paying entry level job
Cons
long hours, bad managers
Fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, CTOctober 26, 2016
It was hard when I first started than it was ok . It was tiring but I made it throw its a lot of nice people in there too I would like to work there again
Pros
Food
Cons
Short breaks
Hard working job, plenty of over time opportunities
Handler (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAOctober 4, 2016
Worked a this location for three summers all of which I was called back in and even stayed for season months. I was let go as many others because there need for pace of work no longer required the volume of workers at their disposal
Pros
Good workers, stable money
Cons
Tiring, physical work
Very misleading little advancement
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIAugust 8, 2016
Very physically demanding job with little appreciation for hard work from upper management. They will ask you to do something as favor hinting it won't be asked of you often. Then you are doing it daily and if you dare say you can't they Will show you the door. The VP is a self centered egomaniac that only cares if the numbers are met for bonuses. I saw a lot of great people get laid off the week before Christmas with no severance pay after years of working for the company. All so the corporate fat cats could get their Christmas bonus. If you're a brown noser you won't have to work and be rewarded. If you're a worker you will get more more work. Then shown the door as soon as you hint you need a break from the huge work load or they need to cut some payroll to be more in the black come the last quarter. I also new the people who worked the customer service lines no different always being yelled at for not making enough calls. Maybe if the upgraded their system from 1980 there wouldn't be so many errors with orders and customers complaining where is the desk they ordered 3 months ago. Work at WB only if you have no other choices.
Pros
Nice lunch break some great coworker
Cons
Upper management only cares about whay they can get fom you
BACK breaking
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY Brooklyn, nyJune 27, 2016
If YOU like going up 4-5 flights of stairs with 20-30 cs of copy paper and water jugs (with no help) then this JOB is for you. And this is as a route guy. 60 stops a day. Gold stars are a joke just looking to get on the lightest routes. They expect you to route your day then check your inventory manually, from napkins to paper to cups , copiers , everything stacked all over the place , strap down and then start your day . And then if something is broken YOU must call customer service stay on good to report it. Oh if you're missing something you will forever be looked at as a thief , there isn't enough time for you to check everything in the am .They even hired someone to hold a meeting to discourage employees from becoming union.
Pros
If you like being away from home this is for you.
Cons
No help . Unrealistic expectations. System is outdated
Fun for someone with no family or responsibilities
Office (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandMay 27, 2016
Unless you kiss butt and do not butt heads with anyone you're MAYBE ok. It's all in who you know not what you know. Do not trust. Good for experience but not for a lifetime career.
Management puts you down and keeps you down.
Pros
Sales, marketing and customer service ....everything
Cons
Everyone else.....not mich

Ask a question about working or interviewing at W.B. Mason Company, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9