W.S. Badcock Corporation Employee Reviews

Horrible backup from supervisors
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  NcAugust 8, 2017
Worked for years... They let things happen in store that are just wrong....watch why and ask why your employees quit...don't sugar coat the issues..They lost a good employee to petty immaturity
Pros
Job
Cons
Morally wrong
Good Company
Dealer Advisor (Former Employee) –  SoutheastMay 2, 2017
I spent 37 years of my work career at Badcock Corporation. Like all companies, it has strength and weakness but I enjoyed my service to the company. You are able to build relationships and the Corporation staff are all customer service focused.
Stressful and disappointing.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNApril 28, 2017
Loved the job at first, adored my coworkers! Corporate had no respect for any of us. I was there five and a half years and was given no appreciation from upper management. I liked all my (5) managers, but one coworker was allowed to cause unnecessary drama by lying about everyone and everything. We never even received a Christmas bonus. I do not recommend this company to anyone!
Pros
Not much.
Cons
Too many to list! Hours were awful!
Garbage
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNMarch 16, 2017
This company is not good. If you do more than others then they expect it out of you all the time with no chance of moving up. I was there for 2 years and I wouldn't wish any of that on anyone. Sales people do not do anything but complain about how hard their job is. I liked the manager. But co workers and people in upper management didn't care about moving up especially when they told you they would.
Pros
Had a job
Cons
Everything else
Unrealistic expectations
Manager (Current Employee) –  CorporateFebruary 10, 2017
RUN! Do not ever work for this company, they say they want to help you but the whole time they are stabbing you in the back. This company does NOT care about you or your family!!!
Pros
Great health benefits
Boring, physical
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNDecember 14, 2016
The difference between the physical workers and the sales people is astronomical, no respect for delivery workers and the expectation should be made up in pay but isn't.
Steady work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thomson, GANovember 16, 2016
Overall, a pretty good place to work.The people were great but the work environment was not the best.The benefits were good.There is a lot of physical hands on work.The workload can very heavy at peak times.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
Heavy hands on physical work.
Jville NC is the worse
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCNovember 16, 2016
Manager has a nasty attitude
Gossips about staff
Mean personality
Lies
Steals from company
Sells used mattresses
Makes up her own rules
Sweats a lot
Poor hygiene
Horrible breathe I mean the worse dog breathe
Pros
A lot of down time
Manager sux
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCNovember 6, 2016
She left her husband and children to be witht the store manager who then gave her a job. This is fratilization first of all. She selld returns as new and buys the new ones for herself at mark down priced.This is also consumer fraud to sell an used mattress as new.
She also forged signatures and is a compulsive liar. Worse boss evveeerrr
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Drama drama drama
Untrained managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 2, 2016
Long hours very slow store manager is rude huge turn over no family values no weekends off you have to get insurance license and it's a rip off for customers scam military horrible customer service
Pros
Cons
Corporate is horrendous
Not what I expected dissapointed.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manchester, GAOctober 4, 2016
I worked for this company for over a year and it was not what was expected. Signed up to do one job and ended up doing multiple jobs not described in job description and did not receive any additional compensation for it. They are money driven and has lost its focus which is its employees and customers. Was accused of multiple accusations continuously to be found not at fault . Owners are doing what they want in the stores and there is no loyalty between mangers and supervisors not to add no support you are on your own. very disappointed in the professionalism.
productive, Great job, Loved It
Seamtress (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLSeptember 30, 2015
I sewed and made beds. I love working with my other co-workers. No fussing we all worked great together. We had great benefits.
Pros
Sometimes got Bonus's and free dinner's, Thanksgiving Dinner's And Christmas Bonus's & Dinner's
It was the first job I had after I closed my business.
Senior Appliance and Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALSeptember 29, 2015
I was ready to look for other gainful employment. Economy had changed so I decided to close my business and find employment. It was a job in which I had been doing for the past many years. Travel with small children at home was difficult. I saw 3 different supervisors while I was there. None really were as connected and supportive of the employees. Managers were much worse.
Pros
Had a vehicle to drive to and from work as well as for the job.
Cons
Managers, supervisors, and owners drove me away to other employment.
Good Job
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 7, 2014
Traveled and Managed area stores. Learned different aspects of the company. Learned about advertising.
Lost the family values atmosphere that Mr. Badcock promoted
Retail Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLMarch 16, 2012
I began my career there 17 years ago. We were a family. Over the years, after the death of Mr. Badcock, the company began to lose that sense of family. My career ended with a division director who never worked in my department or never tried to understand the job accusing me of something that was impossible to be done in the given situation.