W.W. Transport Inc. Employee Reviews

Driver
unknown (Former Employee) –  unknownSeptember 29, 2017
horrible place to work. No communication. One manager tells you one things then you are told something else by someone higher up. I have driven for other companies and this one by far has the worst benefits. I only took this job because I absolutely needed it.
Easy work and other drivers seem happy to be there.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PASeptember 27, 2017
They hired me right out of school and gave me a local job. The manager was very upfront with his expectations and the pay, was very friendly and easygoing. Even ran loads himself when they were in a bind. At times dispatched to start after only 10 hours off. Mechanics were lost and nothing ever got fixed. Fellow drivers are very helpful. Job requires a lot of attention to detail. Training is very involved. All in all a great place to work. I'd still be there if I didn't have to drive to NY. Too stressful for me.
Pros
Easy work, fair management, AWESOME owner.
Cons
Driving in NYC
Good job, bad environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILAugust 24, 2017
No benefits. Expensive insurance. Terrible vacation. Expected to what they want, when they want. Usual last minutes notice. Job sounds great until you do it
Driver (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAAugust 9, 2017
The guys in the office are great. Any time I needed a day off they were willing to work with me, even when it was short notice. they work with my schedule to include my family activities. Hours are long some days and pay could be a little better but the dispatcher understands family matters. I wouldn't leave if they forced me to.
Pros
Family comes first
Cons
long hours. no set time in time out.
Terminal is run unorganized
Driver (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJuly 16, 2017
If you like a terminal manager that had booze in his desk and in a fake book, takes the wrong loads to customers, smells like a brewery then drive for w.w. of camphill pa. Because they can't fire you for taking the wrong load management sucks. Terminal sucks they all need fired.
Pros
Onsite brewery
Cons
WW Transport is a good company
Dispatcher/Driver (Current Employee) –  West Burlington, IAApril 30, 2017
WW transport is a good company to work for but the management does not listen to what the employees need. Drivers are given their loads but could be used between the different mangers and districts but always are notified early enough to make changes with their daily lives.
Crazy,busy,home time and cool people
Driver (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXFebruary 22, 2017
The people are cool and the pay is not bad. The boss always making sure we are getting loads and treat everyone with respect. I think all the guys that work here have been working for over a year
Pros
Boss is really cool if i need a day off and make sure to get us paid
Cons
Midd loads suck
Management needs to be upfront on pay.
Driver (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Management paints a different picture of what the job really consists of. To many unpaid delay hours, 6 day workweek, but not paid for so many hours its not worth it. Customers are great but that is about it. Cannot afford to take time off, the flour plant basically runs the show and decides who stays and who goes, not WW. Sundays are required , go in and work all day load 3 trailers every 4 hours, $ 14.00 a trailer.....you do the math...
One week paid vacation, $ 300.00 ... I am sure upper management still get there big bonuses, and big pay checks.
Pros
Customers are good people
Cons
Long hours, low pay, and to many donated free hours that are not paid.
It can be okay at times
Tank wash (Former Employee) –  Mount Bethel, PAFebruary 12, 2017
Good company I think they just need a little change in the manager division in our area.. it it kind of like a playground with adults it is a very imature workplace at times
Pros
Very laid back
Cons
You have to pay for your clothes to be cleaned that they supply you when hired
Overall employment review
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, IAJanuary 27, 2017
I drove for the company for a few years until I found something a little better suited for changes that happened in my life, but overall my experience was fine. My manager was always helpful when I needed him even if I had to call him at odd hours. As long as you do your job and follow DOT regs. you should be fine.
Pros
decent job
Cons
DOT regs suck sometimes
Trying to find another job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dawn, TXDecember 21, 2016
Not what I was told, they don't keep their word, you have to fight for your loads, money they already owe you and days off. They don't want you to know anything about loads and pay. They just use you up and once they know you've figured it out they starve you out till you leave. Nothing but excuses and lies. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Decent equipment
Cons
easy job just don't pay the bills
driver (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CODecember 20, 2016
It's not a hard job but very frustrating if your not the top dogs.. you'll work 8 to 11 hrs a day for 200 bucks while everyone else makes 280 to 320 a day.. personal y it's management decision on who makes money, just like every other trucking co out there. Thought about going otr but when it's all broken down they pay one way plus off load witch pays about .38 cents a mile, so not worth it.. 400 dollars a YEAR for vacations after a year and a lot of sitting a round for work... Felt like I did a lot of stuff for free.. sorry not for me.
Pros
easy
Cons
everything else..
Not what you were told
Driver (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 20, 2016
Too much time waiting for loads and not getting paid. Everything they tell you it is not true the money you will make there is nowhere near what you will receive. There is such a high turnover rate in Cleveland it's not even acceptable to even try to get a job there.
Pros
Cons
Very low pay
Not what i was told it would be ..by management.
Driver (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 9, 2016
I worked there for as long as I could. But had to find something else. I was extremely miss lead. Get what they offer in writing. And read it thoroughly it will save both you and the company discouragement.
Pros
Not too hard of work.
Cons
Not very clear on what the pay for certain jobs, Not very clear on what is expected on each job, Won't pay you for everything you do.
Great company
Full-time Driver -bulk hauler (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 24, 2016
The worst part of my day is the long days but the best is the great team I work with. I learned Pneumatics. I enjoy hauling and delivering to the flour companies.
Great equipment and first rate manager
Spotter (Current Employee) –  Wood River IllinoisJuly 31, 2015
I accepted a driver/spotter position and have been adequately trained to perform efficiently. Pay is competitive and workers actively participate in a team approach. Plenty of work so job security is assured.
Good company.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, IAJuly 23, 2012
I worked for them, and will do so again if I need to. They do a lot of heavy hauling, and bulk tank work.
Easy job but not enough work.
Driver (Current Employee) –  West Burlington, IAJune 5, 2012
Benefits are bare minimum and expensive. Available work is day to day basis.
Not my best choice.
Cons
available work, healthcare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at W.W. Transport Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9