W.W. Williams Company

W.W. Williams Company Employer Reviews

very exciting and fast paced
Warehouse Leader (Former Employee), New Boston, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: alot of over time
Cons: no temperature control
Liked working in a warehouse environment and working together with people. Very comfortable and easy to learn programs.
Strong culture and values.
Customer Support Manager (Former Employee), Saginaw MINovember 6, 2013
Strong culture and values. The best part of the job was the challenge to manage several business segments.
Fun job
WMS Operator / Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Olyphant, PAOctober 16, 2013
Was a fun place to work for, decent benefits and pay. The management was great and friendly environment to work in.
Easy going and relaxing company to work for.
Administrative Assistant/Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: no sick time.
Typical Day: Answering phones and handling any issues involving AP or transfer calls to appropriate personnel. Opening and distributing mail. Reconciling Parts & Service Dept.'s previous days money - checks, cash, and credit cards. Reconciling cash box. Coding and processing vendor invoices for payment via Docuware system. Depositing checks and cash into the bank. Monitoring and ordering office supplies as needed.

What I Learned: I learned more about the AP field. Before this position, I dabbled in AP & AR here and there; but with this position I learned how AP works from beginning to end and it was challenging & rewarding.

Management: The branch manager was my direct supervisor, he was the best supervisor I'd ever worked for. He was easy going, honest, & fair.

Co-workers: Enjoyed working with my co-workers, especially the guys in parts and service area. Great people.

Hardest Part of the Job: Learning to adjust to lots of interruptions while reconciling money.

Most Enjoyable Part of the job: Working with my co-workers, and working with vendors via person, phone, or e-mail.
awesome group of people i worked with got along good!
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: some cookout lunches, nice manager
Cons: got laidoff
picking humvee orders under a goverment contract was interesting because once the humvee was assembled it went overseas.
Enjoyable place to work
carpentry leadman (night shift) (Former Employee), Charleston, SCNovember 12, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people you work with.
Productive work days
Manager/Lead Expeditor (Current Employee), Chambersburg, PASeptember 12, 2012
Pros: perfect working hours
Cons: contract ends 6-30-2013
Normal day starts by me going over inventory and then ordering parts needed for the production line, then going over the shortage sheets and filling out reports. I then walk the prodution line to make sure my expeditors are stocking it properly and no quality issues
The work place was a fun and enjoyable place.
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2012
Loved working for them and would love the chance to come back in the future.
Good work environment, caring supervisors and management
Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 8, 2012
Pros: you make your own career.
Cons: upper management need to visit the trenches, need more employees
Good work environment with sound strucutre.
My immediate supervisor has been a great teacher / instructor.
Learning great people skills.
goverment contract
forklift operations (Former Employee), chambersburg paMarch 5, 2012
Pros: fun group of people to work with
Cons: laidoff
W.W Williams 7-08 to 6-18-2010 laid off

I worked for W.W Williams which is contracted with Letterkenny Army Depot Chambersburg PA as a forklift operator and order picker packer I have a certificate of achievement for forklift safety training. I operated a 6,000 pound forklift which I used to pick and move items on pick ticket. As a forklift operator I would make sure item as picked had no damage and that the right amount was picked before shipment to Letterkenny Army Depot. Other duties performed as follows palletizing items from one location to another. We had some station order picks which I would get off my lift and make sure stations was picked in order and correctly as these stations was important. Other duties included inventory counts which gave me more forklift experience by pulling items from shelves up to D level and stacked items with forklift in rows for straight truck driver to load. I helped with receiving items and putting away items that came in from the truck. This job consisted of making sure MSN numbers matched the order from which was counted and marked off.
Awesome Job To Have!
Tech 4 (Current Employee), Toledo, OhioAugust 12, 2011
My husband works for WW Williams, Toledo, Ohio. It's an AMAZING job! Wonderful pay, clean shop, good location, great benefits!

About W.W. Williams Company

Founded in Columbus, Ohio, in 1912, W.W.Williams offers a full range of industry-leading products, while providing technical/mechanical – Read more

W.W. Williams Company Photos