W.W. Williams Company

W.W. Williams Company Employee Reviews

Terrible work atmosphere
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OHNovember 28, 2016
The majority of my day and everyday was sitting at a desk performing data entry into their outdated ERP system. Very time consuming and prevented me from handling more important tasks. Company is unwilling to implement any new ideas or improvements. Management does not listen to their employees. Company has been losing millions of dollars for many years due to poor management. Because of this, it was recently purchased by One Equity Partners. Hopefully they'll turn this company around and make it a great company to work for.
Pros
Holiday breaks.
Cons
Technicians forced to join a useless union.
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 28, 2016
had great people to work with, became like family, upper management was looking out for us, hardest part was as a contractor our jobs were always up for renewal and was a waiting game to see if we got the contract again. most of the co-workers were team players and always willing to help. The company gave attendance and safety monetary awards to motivate you to be at work and on time.
unknown been over 4 years
Operations Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 20, 2016
offered standard pto 401k healthcare small owned company has been in business over 50 years, sound secure company is a nationwide company
Pros
drives for administratively for bachelor degrees
Cons
n/a
Great worker bees. Not so great upper managers
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 21, 2016
A distributor trying to be a dealer.
Used to huge margins that don't exist at the dealer level.
Was replaced without notice with someone half my age and zero experience.
Pros
Fellow employees
Cons
Headhunting managers
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 4, 2016
It was a good company to work for with good benefits. There was a high turnover rate there though and they were just starting up a second building, so it was a rough start.
Layoff Policy
Lead Expeditor/Supply Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Boston, TXMay 27, 2015
I started with Williams 9 and a half years ago. I helped open the building and start the program. I worked my way up from ground zero and at the end of the day they dismissed me without a second thought on policy and what is actually right by your employees.
great place
Transmission Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2015
I was very happy to have worked for this company the people their are great and they really look out for you and your family very friendly place to work for
Pros
great people
Cons
working in the heat
Productive work days
Manager/Lead Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PASeptember 12, 2012
Normal day starts by me going over inventory and then ordering parts needed for the production line, then going over the shortage sheets and filling out reports. I then walk the prodution line to make sure my expeditors are stocking it properly and no quality issues
Pros
perfect working hours
Cons
contract ends 6-30-2013
Good work environment, caring supervisors and management
Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 8, 2012
Good work environment with sound strucutre.
My immediate supervisor has been a great teacher / instructor.
Learning great people skills.
Pros
you make your own career.
Cons
upper management need to visit the trenches, need more employees
very good company
Logistics Coordinator / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Boston, TXJuly 25, 2015
enjoyed my employment there biggest mistake I ever made was leavening day to day job was nice friendly management and payroll was always on time
I worked here 10 years ago
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brunswick ohioApril 3, 2015
It used to be a good place to work until they introduced wheel time. My managers were obsessed with how long a job would take. They basically turned the job into a flat rate job.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
awesome group of people i worked with got along good!
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAAugust 15, 2013
picking humvee orders under a goverment contract was interesting because once the humvee was assembled it went overseas.
Pros
some cookout lunches, nice manager
Cons
got laidoff
very exciting and fast paced
Warehouse Leader (Former Employee) –  New Boston, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Liked working in a warehouse environment and working together with people. Very comfortable and easy to learn programs.
Pros
alot of over time
Cons
no temperature control
Strong culture and values.
Customer Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Saginaw MINovember 6, 2013
Strong culture and values. The best part of the job was the challenge to manage several business segments.
goverment contract
forklift operations (Former Employee) –  chambersburg paMarch 5, 2012
W.W Williams 7-08 to 6-18-2010 laid off

I worked for W.W Williams which is contracted with Letterkenny Army Depot Chambersburg PA as a forklift operator and order picker packer I have a certificate of achievement for forklift safety training. I operated a 6,000 pound forklift which I used to pick and move items on pick ticket. As a forklift operator I would make sure item as picked had no damage and that the right amount was picked before shipment to Letterkenny Army Depot. Other duties performed as follows palletizing items from one location to another. We had some station order picks which I would get off my lift and make sure stations was picked in order and correctly as these stations was important. Other duties included inventory counts which gave me more forklift experience by pulling items from shelves up to D level and stacked items with forklift in rows for straight truck driver to load. I helped with receiving items and putting away items that came in from the truck. This job consisted of making sure MSN numbers matched the order from which was counted and marked off.
Pros
fun group of people to work with
Cons
laidoff
Fun job
WMS Operator / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Olyphant, PAOctober 16, 2013
Was a fun place to work for, decent benefits and pay. The management was great and friendly environment to work in.
A job
Bumper to bumper tech (Former Employee) –  Lv nevadaMay 2, 2014
Ok place to work better if you are fresh out of trade school . They expect more work but no more pay
Pros
Pay every friday
Cons
Easy going and relaxing company to work for.
Administrative Assistant/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2013
Typical Day: Answering phones and handling any issues involving AP or transfer calls to appropriate personnel. Opening and distributing mail. Reconciling Parts & Service Dept.'s previous days money - checks, cash, and credit cards. Reconciling cash box. Coding and processing vendor invoices for payment via Docuware system. Depositing checks and cash into the bank. Monitoring and ordering office supplies as needed.

What I Learned: I learned more about the AP field. Before this position, I dabbled in AP & AR here and there; but with this position I learned how AP works from beginning to end and it was challenging & rewarding.

Management: The branch manager was my direct supervisor, he was the best supervisor I'd ever worked for. He was easy going, honest, & fair.

Co-workers: Enjoyed working with my co-workers, especially the guys in parts and service area. Great people.

Hardest Part of the Job: Learning to adjust to lots of interruptions while reconciling money.

Most Enjoyable Part of the job: Working with my co-workers, and working with vendors via person, phone, or e-mail.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
No sick time.
Awesome Job To Have!
Tech 4 (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OhioAugust 12, 2011
My husband works for WW Williams, Toledo, Ohio. It's an AMAZING job! Wonderful pay, clean shop, good location, great benefits!
The work place was a fun and enjoyable place.
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2012
Loved working for them and would love the chance to come back in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at W.W. Williams Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7