W.W. Williams Company Employee Reviews

Great job
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INAugust 4, 2017
It was a great experience. Hard work at times with at some points of overwhelming heat or cold. The job duties expected from employees were understandable sometimes difficult to meet the standards.
Pros
easy going, decent pay, always busy
Cons
the extreme heat in the warehouse at times
fun
Bumper-to-Bumper Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2017
good place to work when starting out, but corporate management doesn't want to give out raises, even when toting company success. Numbers numbers numbers is all they care about
over all okay
TECH 2 (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2017
one or two services a day. not a lot of help from the office , lots of load banking. only time it good is when your away out of town away from down town Atlanta.
Pros
road trip or doing cell tower start up.
Cons
stay away from the shop
Always good on us about safety they cared alot abiut their employees loved working for them
Expeditor (Current Employee) –  New Boston, TXMay 22, 2017
We always did our best to stay cheerful everyday
We would start our day checking our lines for low or out of stock and get them ready for the day. Check with line supervisors for part problrms if t here wa s get them handled quickly. We received and open parts through out the day
Pros
Great to employees and families
Cons
Lost contracts
It's ok
Diesel Technician/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 11, 2017
The company offers good benefits such as 401k matching and liveable wages but the management could use some additional training. The management under sales themselves to customers in order to acquire their business but does not give the technicians the resources to obtain the goal in the quoted amount of time.
Pros
Liveable wages, education opportunities
Cons
Management disconnection
Great
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 5, 2017
I enjoy my job and my supervisors very much. Unfortunately, this is a temporary contract and it ends in Oct. I would stay on if they could get another contract and would consider relocating to stay with them.
Enjoyable place to work
NT Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 30, 2017
The company was an enjoyable place to work, but didn't have great benefits or great opportunities for advancement. The core group of employees were great to work with.
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 28, 2016
had great people to work with, became like family, upper management was looking out for us, hardest part was as a contractor our jobs were always up for renewal and was a waiting game to see if we got the contract again. most of the co-workers were team players and always willing to help. The company gave attendance and safety monetary awards to motivate you to be at work and on time.
unknown been over 4 years
Operations Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 20, 2016
offered standard pto 401k healthcare small owned company has been in business over 50 years, sound secure company is a nationwide company
Pros
drives for administratively for bachelor degrees
Cons
n/a
Terrible work atmosphere
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OHNovember 28, 2016
The majority of my day and everyday was sitting at a desk performing data entry into their outdated ERP system. Very time consuming and prevented me from handling more important tasks. Company is unwilling to implement any new ideas or improvements. Management does not listen to their employees. Company has been losing millions of dollars for many years due to poor management. Because of this, it was recently purchased by One Equity Partners. Hopefully they'll turn this company around and make it a great company to work for.
Pros
Holiday breaks.
Cons
Technicians forced to join a useless union.
Great worker bees. Not so great upper managers
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 21, 2016
A distributor trying to be a dealer.
Used to huge margins that don't exist at the dealer level.
Was replaced without notice with someone half my age and zero experience.
Pros
Fellow employees
Cons
Headhunting managers
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 4, 2016
It was a good company to work for with good benefits. There was a high turnover rate there though and they were just starting up a second building, so it was a rough start.
great place
Transmission Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2015
I was very happy to have worked for this company the people their are great and they really look out for you and your family very friendly place to work for
Pros
great people
Cons
working in the heat
very good company
Logistics Coordinator / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Boston, TXJuly 25, 2015
enjoyed my employment there biggest mistake I ever made was leavening day to day job was nice friendly management and payroll was always on time
Layoff Policy
Lead Expeditor/Supply Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Boston, TXMay 27, 2015
I started with Williams 9 and a half years ago. I helped open the building and start the program. I worked my way up from ground zero and at the end of the day they dismissed me without a second thought on policy and what is actually right by your employees.
I worked here 10 years ago
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brunswick ohioApril 3, 2015
It used to be a good place to work until they introduced wheel time. My managers were obsessed with how long a job would take. They basically turned the job into a flat rate job.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
A job
Bumper to bumper tech (Former Employee) –  Lv nevadaMay 2, 2014
Ok place to work better if you are fresh out of trade school . They expect more work but no more pay
Pros
Pay every friday
Cons
very exciting and fast paced
Warehouse Leader (Former Employee) –  New Boston, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Liked working in a warehouse environment and working together with people. Very comfortable and easy to learn programs.
Pros
alot of over time
Cons
no temperature control
Strong culture and values.
Customer Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Saginaw MINovember 6, 2013
Strong culture and values. The best part of the job was the challenge to manage several business segments.
Fun job
WMS Operator / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Olyphant, PAOctober 16, 2013
Was a fun place to work for, decent benefits and pay. The management was great and friendly environment to work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at W.W. Williams Company. Our community is ready to answer.