WAVSYS has partnered with a major Cincinnati client and we are seeking a Test Lead for a 6 month contract.
The client needs a strong person with lead qualities: strong communication, documentation, ability to drive conversations and decisions with the business; ability to lead meetings. Be able to escalate and report progress and risk to project team. Previous experience in Mobile technology testing needed to help drive best practice with the project.
- Lead medium to large POS or SAP testing efforts (system/functional/integration/regression) for all applications (retail, lab, SAP) including the testing coordination and validation with other interfaces.
- The test lead is responsible for the overall quality of any application release, and approval of application readiness for release to production; if quality does not meet standards, responsible for proper escalation and communication of impact to testing/release timeline.
- Enforces and manages to the Test Strategy and methodology.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and create test strategy related to scope for application release project.
- Plan and create test estimates based on scope of release to drive final testing sign-off date for overall project plan.
- Manage code deliveries in to the test environments, coordination activities with development, environment manager, and release manager.
- Establish daily priorities for the test systems and manage testing team associates accordingly to meet those priorities. Lead all test cycles and validation efforts for final certification and sign-off.
- Coordinate activities with key business partners to facilitate testing needs and coordinate any support needed from and to support their interface testing efforts.
- Work with SMEs to implement test scenarios and test scripts to address new system functionality outlined in delivered business requirements.
- Setup Quality Center with identified test scripts for specific test cycle for both new functionality and regression testing.
- Manage and maintain the test documentation within the Quality Center tool. Document and deliver written defects through Quality Center to development team for defect fixes; identifying test effort needed to appropriately test defect as well as regression test around defect once fix is delivered. Work with environment manager to maintain and setup test environments to align with production and support test data needs for application releases.
- Create, document, and maintain daily test status reports to key stakeholders outline overall test status progress, roadblocks, defects and delays.
- Run and manage defect meetings weekly/daily with development to insure proper delivery of defect fixes and priority of defect fixes to meet timeline.
- Prepare initial version of release notes, documenting all changes and open issues for a release.
- Prepare and publish final testing certification sign-off document that goes to change management to initiate release to production.
- Create SQL/PSQL database queries to verify published data requests, retrieve specific data sets and results as needed for testing/verification purposes.
- Maintain and organize test evidence for Sox compliance standards related to defined guidelines and retention period.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong project management skills, with ability to champion change and continuous improvement. General understanding of database structure and table relationships.
- Ability to create, execute, and understand SQL queries to assist in data research. Strong leadership skills. Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong listening skills. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects/tasks.
- Customer service oriented.
- Knowledge and/or experience with SAP or POS (Point of Sale) Retail Systems a plus.
Education: College degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience: 3+ years test management and/or testing experience.
- Experience in Quality Center application.
- Understanding of test methodology and the SDLC
Indeed - 13 months ago