WAVSYS has partnered with a major client in Cincinnati, OH, and we are seeking a senior PMP Project Manager with an IT and Marketing background.
Major Duties and responsibilities:
- This position is primary responsible for ensuring the project produces the required products within specified constraints of time and cost.
- The Project Manager manages the master project schedule (tasks, milestones, & dependencies) for the team and coordinates with the Process Integration Managers, Solution Mapping Manager, Technology Manager and all internal and external marketing and IT team members.
- The incumbent is responsible for identifying, qualifying and tracking project team risks, issues and scope changes using PMO tools and processes.
- This position delivers projects that are capable of achieving the benefits and value defined in the business case.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closing project processes.
- Defines project objectives and scope.
- Plans course of action required to meet project deliverables.
- Accountable for the project management plan to include the business case, work plan, schedule, budget, resource plan, communication plan, change plan, and risk plan.
- Effectively integrates people and other resources necessary for project management plan delivery. Serves as the final contingency plan and scope change approval point.
- Accountable for project delivery by keeping project sponsors and stakeholders aware of project status. Ensures successful closure and completion of all project aspects.
- Works with the business to ensure successful product implementation and meeting committed benefits and value realization. Manages team risks and issues.
- Provides leadership to high impact projects involving large, multi-disciplined project teams composed of internal staff, external consulting partners, and business unit representatives.
- Prepares regular steering committee updates to inform executive management on program and issue resolution status. Develop project proposal data collaboratively with Digital Marketing, IT functional and business owners.
- Leads project development proposal creation to include discovery, project requirements definition, risk, resources, schedule and project cost.
- Leads in the development of the overall capital budget for single or multiple projects. Represents the project to executive management during the project approval cycle.
- Manages critical supplier and internal customer relationships. Provides Project Management consulting, auditing, and advisory services. Group entities.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Proven leadership skills in both business planning and information technology.
- Accomplished communication skills encompassing inter-personal communications, persuasion and influencing using business terminology.
- Experience implementing enterprise level business solutions and delivering large, product, and complex application development efforts.
- Solid project management skills, effectively managing an aggregate of small and large projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead groups, manage project deliverables, and maintain client relationships. Ability to effectively interact at an executive level.
- Experience managing budgets, project plans, resource allocations, and priorities.
- Master level knowledge of project management methodology, tools and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- PMP Certification desired. Systems Development and Processes/Methodology Knowledge
- Domestic and international travel as required
- 5-6 years of Marketing Experience, 6-8 years IT experience
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in a related field required, Masters degree a plus.
Indeed - 9 months ago