WAVSYS has partnered with a major client in the Cincinnati area, and we are seeking a Test Lead for a contact role.
- Lead medium to large SAP testing efforts (system/functional/integration/regression) for all applications including the testing coordination and validation with other interfaces.
- The test lead is responsible for the overall quality of any application release, and approval of application readiness for release to production; if quality does not meet standards, responsible for proper escalation and communication of impact to testing/release timeline.
- Enforces and manages to the Test Strategy and methodology.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and create test strategy related to scope for application release project.
- Plan and create test estimates based on scope of release to drive final testing sign-off date for overall project plan.
- Manage code deliveries in to the test environments, coordination activities with development, environment manager, and release manager.
- Establish daily priorities for the test systems and manage testing team associates accordingly to meet those priorities.
- Lead all test cycles and validation efforts for final certification and sign-off.
- Coordinate activities with key business partners to facilitate testing needs and coordinate any support needed to their interface testing efforts.
- Work with SMEs to implement test scenarios and test scripts to address new system functionality outlined in delivered business requirements.
- Setup Quality Center with identified test scripts for specific test cycle for both new functionality and regression testing.
- Manage and maintain the test documentation within the Quality Center tool.
- Document and deliver written defects through Quality Center to development team for defect fixes; identifying test effort needed to appropriately test defect as well as regression test around defect once fix is delivered.
- Work with environment manager to maintain and setup test environments to align with production and support test data needs for application releases.
- Create, document, and maintain daily test status reports to key stakeholders outline overall test status progress, roadblocks, defects and delays
- Run and manage defect meetings weekly/daily with development to insure proper delivery of defect fixes and priority of defect fixes to meet timeline.
- Prepare initial version of release notes, documenting all changes and open issues for a release. Prepare and publish final testing certification sign-off document that goes to change management to initiate release to production.
- Create SQL/PSQL database queries to verify published data requests, retrieve specific data sets and results as needed for testing/verification purposes.
- Maintain and organize test evidence for Sox compliance standards related to defined guidelines and retention period.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong project management skills, with ability to champion change and continuous improvement. General understanding of database structure and table relationships.
- Ability to create, execute, and understand SQL queries to assist in data research.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong listening skills. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Strong organizational and documentation skills. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects/tasks. Customer service oriented.
- Knowledge and/or experience with SAP a plus.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience: 3+ years test management and/or testing experience.
- Experience in Quality Center application.
- Understanding of test methodology and the SDLC