The Multi-Media Graphic Designer (MMGD) is a senior role reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, requiring an exceptionally well-developed design sensibility and the ability to apply that talent to projects in any medium. The successful candidate will be a visual visionary with demonstrated expertise in creative concepting and design direction; skilled in the use of color, space, and typography; with a diverse portfolio showing proficiency in both the print and digital realms; and broad experience including advertising, publication design, web design and user interfaces. A solid understanding of, and experience in, the concepts of branding is essential. The MMGD must be comfortable in a collaborative creative environment and be able to take direction as well as take the lead creatively when called upon. The ideal candidate will be fluent in the Adobe suite of software, possess solid drawing and photography skills, and be experienced in incorporating video and storytelling as part of a creative strategy. The ability to manage multiple projects and demanding deadlines as a genial colleague is essential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages WCNY brand presentation across all platforms.
- Creates compelling creative concepts and develops them into visually effective marketing and promotional materials across all media, creating graphically cohesive multi-platform presentations.
- Serves as art director for photography needs originating across the organization, and manages photo assets.
- Is the designer for WCNY magazine and other print publications.
- Serves as user interface designer for web development team.
- Creates infographics, presentations, on-air graphics, and signage.
- Manages vendor relations with printers and other service providers, ensures production quality.
- Manages annual graphic production workflow and calendar.
- Other assignments as needed.
CREDENTIALS, QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field and five years of progressively responsible work experience.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign a must. Strong skills in other Adobe software including Dreamweaver, After Effects, Lightroom, Bridge, Acrobat highly desirable.
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Works at a fast pace, creating and using templates, style sheets, macros, etc. to achieve highly efficient work flow.
- Collaborates easily, is open to ideas and able to pivot as needs change.
- Aware of contemporary design trends, responsive and contemporary in design style.
- Strong attention to detail, produces work with superb craftsmanship.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
- Highly organized, able to manage assets and work within systems.
- Ability to work with HTML and CSS desirable.
CNY's Public Broadcasting Company