WD-40 Company has unique products and we are looking for unique talent. We are a small company with gigantic brands and a global reach. At WD-40 Company everyone is a key contributor. We foster a strong culture of learning and accountability in a relaxed, team environment. We seek people who share our values and strive to leave positive and lasting memories in all their interactions. We live under the sink, in the garage, and toolboxes of the world. While our 60 year-old formulation of WD-40 remains a secret, it is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and products is what distinguishes us.
We have an immediate opening for an ambitious and driven marketing professional with a minimum of 3 years relevant CPG marketing experience who is looking to showcase his/her analytical, communication and project management talents within a best in class marketing team.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, be a creative, self-starter with impeccable attention to detail and able to work well in teams under tight deadlines. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to work on multiple projects at one time while consistently delivering results in a fast-paced environment. In addition, candidates must demonstrate a proven track record working in cross functional team environments.
The Assistant Brand Manager will assist in the development, implementation and coordination of annual and rolling 12-month marketing plans and programs for all assigned brands, including advertising, public relations, promotions, collateral, market research, and packaging. In addition, this position is responsible for budget management and monthly business reviews. The successful candidate will work with cross functional, collegial teams to maximize current and future brand opportunities to meet/exceed EBITDA and U.S. sales plans and goals.
Background & Expertise: 3+ years of relevant work experience in consumer packaged goods marketing. Experience with budgeting, data analysis and project management, as well as general marketing practices. Strong project management and tactical implementation skills.
Education Completed: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field. MBA a plus.
Computer Literacy: Intermediate level MS Office Applications/Windows, familiarity with consumer data analysis such as AC Nielsen or other similar tools.
Summary of Responsibilities
1. Co-Brand Champion supporting team responsible for achieving assigned brands’ EBITDA and sales goals by assisting in the development, implementation and communication of appropriate annual and rolling 12-month brand plans, programs and promotions. Demonstrates an understanding of end-user needs and wants.
2. Proactively monitors and controls key initiatives, appropriate budgets, forecasts, plans, programs, and measures of success to achieve required EBITDA and Sales goals. Responsible for regularly tracking and updating brand investment budgets under the direction of supervisor. Prepares monthly business reviews for presentation to Marketing VP and Directors. Analyzes market trends and competitive activity. Manages coupon redemption liability for all brands and prepares comprehensive financial analysis (monthly/quarterly/annually) for Finance, including all coupon activity and related assumptions/logic.
3. Supports USA sales and profit plans and goals by coordinating the development, communication and implementation of new SKUs that meet the strategic vision, goals and plans for assigned brands and customers.
4. Manages the creation of all collateral, point-of-purchase, direct mail programs, market development, and sales promotion activities. Ensures website and WD-40 411 material is current and accurate. Supports Social Media marketing efforts by monitoring and engaging in social media as directed. Manages dissemination and documentation of Marketing Communications Bulletins. Manages Claim Support documentation and retention and coordinates approval of all communications through Quality Assurance, R&D and Legal teams.
5. Works with supervisor, and cross-functionally on new product launches and post-launch analysis, in addition to the development and creation of new and promotional SKUs. Develops and/or reviews, revises, and routes all P&Ls to ensure that assumptions are accurate and that the contribution levels satisfy company objectives, as well as EBITDA and Sales goals. Regularly analyzes results and shares learning.
6. Assists in creation and development of promotions for assigned brands to achieve EBITDA and Sales goals. Follows up on legal requirements, SKU configuration/logistics, vendor coordination, preliminary program development, implementation, control, and measurement.
7. Actively communicates with and constructively works across necessary departments to achieve required goals. Helps manage agencies to ensure tactics and activities are consistent with Marketing Plan.
8. Utilizes primary and secondary data sources such as NPD, Vista, COGNOS and Innatrack to analyze the efficiency and effectiveness of various marketing promotions across assigned brands, as well as market trends and competitive activity.
9. Supports US trade show strategy relevant to brand specific marketing considerations and sales needs. Attends trade shows as needed.
10. Ensures that appropriate details are communicated to sales, operations, customer service and other departments. Participates in the development and preparation of communication materials.
11. Supports and executes the global legal and intellectual property compliance policy and process to ensure the protection and growth of the assets of the company.
Performs other related duties as needed to support corporate objectives. Acts in the best interest of the company by applying stated corporate values and priorities to all communications, decisions, and actions.
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
1. We value doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.
2. We value creating positive long-lasting memories in all our relationships with each other, our customers, our shareholders, our consumers, our suppliers, and even our competitors. We strive to act in ways that they all admire.
3. We value making it better than it is today. We celebrate our success then move to new heights of achievement.
4. We value succeeding as a team while excelling as individuals. We aspire for individual improvement and put our hearts into our work because it is with passion that great things are achieved.
5. We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
6. We value sustaining the WD-40 economy.
If you meet the minimum requirements, please click over to our website to complete an application http://www.wd40company.com/about/careers/
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search!