Commercial Construction Estimator
WIMCO Corp is looking for an experienced Commercial Construction Estimator to join their team in Washington, North Carolina. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 years estimating experience, detail-oriented, able to manage multiple projects, produce accurate estimates and have excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to establish and maintain relationships with architects, customers, engineers and co-workers.
Required Job Duties:
- Setting-up new projects and send out “Bid Invitations” via ISQFT to our subcontractors and suppliers.
- Attend all required pre-bid meetings and site visits.
- Responsible for assembling all required bid forms/documents prior to bid day.
- Setting-up new project estimate using Timberline Estimating which includes detailed take-off of the project.
- Developing and implementing successful strategies for approaching and winning competitive work
- Review and discuss project and estimate prior to bid day with the WIMCO team
- Review and analyze subcontractor and supplier proposals and finalize bid proposals and alternates on bid day.
- Prepare detailed turnover package for operational personnel and assist in transferring knowledge and nuances of the job in project turnover meeting
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to or experience with Pre-Construction activities including but not limited to preliminary meetings with clients, preliminary budgeting, value engineering, leading team design meetings with project consultants, constructability reviews, assembling bid proposal packages and solicitation of subcontractors and suppliers pricing.
- Ability to or experience with maintaining and developing relationships with current and new clients and subcontractors
- Ability to or experience with keeping our Timberline Database updated along with creating new assemblies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Timberline Estimating, On-Screen Takeoff, DropBox, ShareFile and ISQFT.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or equivalent additional experience or education
- LEED AP
WIMCO offers a great team work environment, competitive salary, health benefits, 401K plan and other employee benefits. Please visit our website www.wimcocorp.com for more information.
Indeed - 19 months ago