Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Responsible To: Vice President of Manufacturing
Details: Full Time, Salaried
The Manufacturing Engineer develops and implements processes and fabrication methods to obtain cost effective production while maintaining quality standards. The Manufacturing Engineer also supports engineering in the development of new products for manufacturability and recommends and implements engineering changes for continuous improvement.
1. Evaluates current manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials and recommends changes to improve efficiency and quality.
2. Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researches, designs, and implements manufacturing methods and equipment/techniques that meet or exceed production cost targets and maintain quality.
3. Participates in the resolution of issues such as: conflicting design requirements, tooling and process requirements, rework methods, as well as corrective action processing to minimize future issues.
4. Creates engineering change requests for continuous improvement and processes engineering change orders including shop floor disposition. Helps prioritize change requests to effectively utilize resources for best return on investment.
5. Creates manufacturing process instructions, conducts FEMA’s, develops and conducts processed validations.
6. Prepares cost, utilization, efficiency, and other performance metric reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing shop floor data.
7. Recommends and specifies new equipment and tools, providing manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material cost estimates for ROI analysis.
8. Maintains compliance of all activities with quality control system.
- Bachelors’ Degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering strongly preferred or a combination of other degree and experience.
- Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a variety of manufacturing practices including lean manufacturing, manufacturing cost structures, cycle time studies, line balancing, level loading, constraint management, labor and equipment capacity analyses, value stream mapping, SMED, among others.
- Life and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- 3+ years related work experience.
- Expertise in the following areas is preferred: Lean manufacturing, metal forming, CNC component design and fabrication, mechanical and electro-mechanical assembly, gauge R&R.
- Regulated industry and related compliance requirements background.
- Knowledge of materials (mainly aluminum) and associated physical properties, processing characteristics, coating and plating specifications.
- CAD experience.
Wipaire offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package. Please e-mail resume or mail/fax resume to our office. No calls or walk-ins please.
Wipaire is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
Over the years, Wipaire has developed a full line of aircraft floats for all sizes of aircraft from a Piper cub to a DeHavilland Twin Otter....