WORKTERRA is a rapidly growing company, providing an industry leading benefits administration application built to streamline all aspects of benefits enrollment.
This is a Level 1 help desk support position. The Information Technology Specialist will assist in meeting the organization’s IT needs. A majority of this person’s time will be spent responding to requests, emails, phone calls, and in-person visits. Any time left over will be spent working on projects to help grow the organization’s technology infrastructure.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The IT Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day operational activities of help-desk support, network administration, and systems.
- Support end-users with IT-related problems in a responsive and service oriented manner.
- Setup, management, and maintenance of IT-related equipment. Including Mitel phone system and Oasis call center software.
- Monitor backup jobs and ensure high level of completion success rate.
- Manage time and projects effectively.
- Help put processes in place to maintain a stable network environment.
- Training staff with IT related equipment.
- Assist with project work to grow the technology infrastructure of the organization.
- Assist with the troubleshooting, installation, and implementation of systems.
- Ensure data integrity with regard to our fixed asset inventories.
- Provide input and recommendations to the organization regarding hardware and software technologies and how these technologies can assist the business, being especially proactive with new technologies.
- Develop and monitor performance levels of software and hardware and evaluate, recommend, and propose alternative methods of information processing.
- Develop and maintain information architectures (data, application, network) ensuring the system is on-line daily.
- Maintain hardware and software maintenance agreements to ensure integrity of operations processes.
- Customer Service - demonstrate the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs & and requests of others, internally and externally.
- Understand safety policies and actively promote safe practices in the workplace.
- Maintain constructive relationships and demonstrate respect in every interaction.
- Deal constructively with conflict and focus on the situation, issue or behavior and not on the person by diffusing situations before conflicts arise, resolving conflicts directly and actively promoting and gaining cooperation from others.
- Accurately provide and receive information in oral and written communications. Consistently provide ideas, opinions, or information in an articulate, professional way. Actively listen to others and demonstrate understanding of other points of view.
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities.
- Take the initiative to identify and act on problems and lead by example. Consistently make decisions that resolve problems.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Organized, thorough, and great attention to detail
- Demonstrated working knowledge of hardware and networking basics
- Able to install, configure, troubleshoot and support Windows clients and servers
- Able to configure, troubleshoot and support Mitel phone system
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of analytical thinking to solve problems with an understanding of technology as well as an ability to ask the right questions and apply solutions to business problems
- Effective oral, electronic and written communication with all levels of the organization using top-notch customer service
- Does well with minimal “hands on” training and can pickup new skills quickly
- Ability to multi-task and handle frequent interruptions
- Consistently follow protocol and instructions
- Work independently with little direction from management direction
- Document processes, procedures, and results
- Fast and accurate keyboarding skills
- Passionate, optimistic, and drive to get things done
- 5 years in IT or Business Systems
- Ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer as needed
- Ability to lift and move computers and IT equipment for setup
Indeed - 6 months ago
WORKTERRA delivers an organic, fully unified Human Capital Management solution providing organizations with all the tools needed to manage...