The WVHTC Foundation is seeking a Software Engineer with knowledge and experience in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
The position is based in Fairmont, WV and will support NASA’s Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Program, delivering analysis, validation and verification of safety and mission-critical software for important NASA science and human exploration programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs technical task planning and supports the Project Lead in the execution and control of the tasks.
- Performs full-lifecycle (i.e., Concept to Deployment) IV&V analysis to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical constraints.
- Performs IV&V analysis of systems and software architecture, system and software requirements, software design, source code, and the developer’s unit, build, and systems integration test products.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, and requirements allocation and interface definition studies to evaluate compliance of software specifications with customer requirements.
- Conducts software hazard analysis and risk assessment.
- Develops independent test plans, cases, procedures, and scripts and performs independent testing of safety and mission critical software systems to ensure the system will not do what it is not supposed to do and will respond in a safe and desired manner under adverse conditions.
- Interacts directly with targeted development program personnel providing a suitable interface for the program to gain access to the results of IV&V analyses.
- Leads small teams of analysts performing verification and validation analyses.
- Analyzes effectiveness/efficiency of NASA program procedures and processes and develops/recommends improvements.
- Prepares presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables related to IV&V analyses performed.
- Supports IV&V project lead directly as knowledgeable reviewer of IV&V products and services.
- Participates in Risk Management process as it relates to execution of the IV&V Project and to the software development project being evaluated by the IV&V team.
- Participates in selected programs, events, and meetings involving staff, Government customers, and visitors.
- Work is performed on-site in Government facilities.
Required Experience and Education:
- Experience in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Experience with Java and C++ and Object Oriented Design for mission critical ground or flight software systems
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other software-related engineering program, OR an additional 4 years of directly related experience in lieu of degree.
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required, and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments.
- Familiarity with software architecture, systems engineering, and verification and validation.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
- Experience with Static Code Analysis tools such as Klocwork Insight, Code Sonar, Lint, FlexeLint, Coverity or Polyspace
- Experience with C and ADA programming languages
- Experience with NOAA satellite and ground system programs or FAA software systems
- Familiarity with UML, service oriented architecture, and agile processes.
Occasional domestic travel is anticipated (< 10%)
Lifting and other physical requirements:
This position does not require any lifting or other physical requirements.
About the WVHTC Foundation:
The WVHTC Foundation is located in Fairmont, West Virginia, about 20 miles south of Morgantown, home of the West Virginia University. West Virginia boasts a relatively low cost-of-living along with beautiful landscapes and extensive outdoor recreational opportunities.
The WVHTC Foundation offers an excellent benefits package which includes medical, vision, dental and prescription coverage, paid time off, 403(b) match, and paid holidays. Relocation assistance is available.
The WVHTC Foundation is an equal opportunity organization.
Indeed - 13 months ago
NPLACE is an initiative of the West Virginia High Technology Consortium Foundation, a non-profit corporation located in Fairmont, West...