Waco ISD Employee Reviews

Data Clerk- daily data entry and customer service
Homeless Outreach Part Time Data Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 21, 2015
Data entry and assisting students/parents as needed.
Answering phones, routing calls, call logs, mail correspondence, faxing and electronic filing. Overall quiet until the start of school.
Teach high school students social studies.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 16, 2015
Its a good place to work with a pretty good administration team and great faculty to work with. Its a challenging job with a diverse background of students.
Pros
Faculty and pay.
Cons
Difficult students.
Wonderful working with children
Senior Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TxJune 1, 2015
typical day consisted of talking with parents and employees, on occasion helping nurse with medication. I have learned so much from starting at a school environment, to learning how to input information for students. The hardest part at a school is seeing students struggle with learning and tests and not really being able to help much.
Pros
holidays and summer off
Cons
short lunches
Waco Isd
Grounds Keeper (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 4, 2015
Waco Isd liked to back stab alot also rather keep the theves on payrole then actually emploees that would be willing to work for a living
Waco ISD a great place to be.
Child Nutrion Services (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 29, 2014
Waco ISD is a fun place to work. I prepare and cook, food for over 400 students, plus I meet new people everyday. I enjoy talking with the students and hearing some of their experiences.I learn something new everyday from my coworkers and manager, for instance I am learning the register and the paper work of the business. It is a great atmosphere overall, because we're a great team,and we help each other. The hardest part of the job is lifting and carrying 20 lbs or more. I love working for Waco ISD, it's convenient for me and I like the fact that I am off the holidays and summer.
Pros
free lunch, convenient for me and i like being off the holidays and summer.
Cons
better pay and sometimes we have lift 20 lbs. or more
Challenging work environment working with kids of all ages.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 13, 2014
Carried out the duties of the normal classroom teacher in their absence.
Third Grade, Music (K-5) and Assistant Principal (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 15, 2013
I was in the district for 18 years so I went through many changes and several superintendents. It wasn't all bad. I learned a lot from different principals I worked with and enjoyed most of my time there.
Pros
good district
teacher aid
Teacher Aid/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 27, 2013
I would go punch in , get my kids breakfast, go get my kids from the bus. after breafast i helped the teacher teach the class, all subjects. then get them ready for the bus again to go home. In the class room i was in , i learn alot from the teacher i work with. I got along with all my co-workers. My most enjoyable part of my job was work with kids and the teacher i was with.
Internship
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 29, 2013
After my classes at Baylor, I would head over to one of the three WISD campuses I was assigned to. There I practiced case management, lead small group sessions, and assessed the schools' strengths and areas for growth while completing the tasks assigned to me by my task supervisor. I enjoyed working with all of my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was knowing it was only a temporary position. The most enjoyable part was witnessing students reaching their goals and feeling empowered.
Pros
working with youth
Hard, but overall easy.
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 8, 2013
Working for Waco ISD as a custodian was a very overall easy job. I usually worked alone at my own pace, cleaning up the school I was put at. Somedays it was very difficult to get the job done by the time I was suppose to get off, but I got it done. The hardest part was probably having to clean up big messes by myself.
Beware
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Administration BuildingDecember 20, 2012
Overall the pay and paid holidays are good. It's the day to day tension and stress that wears on you. Management rules on fear.
Pros
salary is ok and holidays given is good
Cons
management rules using fear of loosing job, this encourages tattling of the smallest things, no loyalty shown by management toward employees
Stagnant
Administration (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 29, 2012
Decent salary, great time off from work and extended holidays, no other good benefits to speak of and health insurance had horrible pricing for such a large organization.
Found management to be finger pointers with "who can we blame" mentality rather than leaders and problem solvers. Very political, lots of idle, malicious talk and slander from top to bottom of organization. I observed wasteful spending on administration, lacking up to date technology and talent. Wish the children of Waco had better representation looking out for their education and futures.
Pros
decent salary for admin, great retirement if you plan on staying with school district retirement
Cons
bad management, out dated technology, lacking people talent
Awesome place to be employed!
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  waco, texasJuly 11, 2012
Gained a lot of knowledge and experience that I was able to use, family oriented, flex time, customer contact, basically a busy office but low stress level because of relations with management and some of the co-workers.
Pros
flex time
Cons
personality conflicts at times
Great School But My Discipline Lacked
Skills for Living Teacher (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 14, 2012
I went into the classroom of 7th graders with the same laid back attitude I'd always used with high school. Found out very quickly that doesn't work. I went to several workshops on different teaching strategies, learning abilities, learning types, all which helped. The next year, I went in much stricter, had fewer problems and made many phone calls to parents. I LOVED the faculty and couldn't have asked for a better administration.
Pros
very supportive administration, parent support, budget to buy classroom items
Cons
discipline problems, only p/t job, and not high school.