Waddell & Reed

Waddell & Reed Employer Reviews

Productive, entrepreneurial, encouraging, fun work place
Division Recruiter, Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Independence, MOJanuary 20, 2015
Waddell & Reed is an exceptional company. The corporate environment is disciplined, hardworking, and motivational.
Productive and Professional Workplace
• Assisting customers
• Great/fantastic co-workers and bosses
Productive but disciplined
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), SchaumbergDecember 22, 2014
W&R is a decent firm if you're looking for a financial sales position. The atmosphere is relaxed and requirements for keeping employment contract are easy compared to other shops.
Solid Company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CANovember 24, 2014
Very solid company doing things right in a very unethical industry.

Management is solid and in my experience very approachable and helpful.
Productive and fun environment with friday lunches
Receptionist (Former Employee), Torrance, CANovember 2, 2014
A typical day at work included making coffee for the other advisors in the office, washing used cups, watering plants, answering phones, greeting clients, filing paperwork, any projects that were given to me. Through out the time I was there i learned how to deal with an array of people and personalities, multitask, meet deadlines, keep up with office needs, and keep up with appointments.
Financial Advisor
Investment Advisor (Current Employee), Havre, MTOctober 22, 2014
Pros: colleagues, work emvironment.
Cons: getting things done and completed through home office.
I have been in the industry for over twenty years. Having recently moved to Havre Montana from South Carolina and Chicago before that, I find myself looking for more stimulating and diversified opportunities. I am an MBA with experience in the financial community as well as Pharmaceutical production area in Chicago. I see myself as a self starter willing and able to tackle on new responsibilities and opportunities. Waddell and Reed has been very professional working with me and my talents and the entire office is superb as far as camaraderie and professionalism but I find myself being held back because of location and population, Havre is a growing community and I feel I have many things to offer this community in the future but am wiling to look at other opportunities.
Great introduction into the position of Branch Manager
District Branch Manager (Current Employee), Fresno, CaliforniaOctober 19, 2014
I prefer not to comment on my position or tenure at W&R, it was a great experience.
Intern Administrative Associate (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, OROctober 8, 2014
Paperwork and Compliance
Calling customer and home office
Sitting in meetings and reviewing mutual funds.
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant to Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Holland, MISeptember 29, 2014
Pros: very positive work enviroment
Cons: the forms that we use change all the time.
A typical day is filled with a huge variety of responsibilities which I love! It's never the same thing over and over. Most of the customer service people that I need to talk too are very nice and well educated.
Great company
Internship (Former Employee), Lincoln, NESeptember 1, 2014
Come here to learn from the best in the business. From day one to the end of your career
Autonomous work environment, with proper guidance, attitude, and fortune, this can be a good company to work for.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: purely commission driven compensation
I appreciate that I can shape my business in whatever manner I feel best serves my clients, I feel that the culture does not cater to the overall clients best interests.
The hardest part of the job is that it is purely commission-driven. The nature of the service does not lend to urgency with prospects or clients, the combination makes personal planning difficult.
My co-workers are terrific.
This place is horrible
Trainee (Former Employee), CaJune 20, 2014
Pros: hmmm ?
Cons: where do i start?
I really learned nothing else from this job other than the fact that highly dishonest tactics are used to lure in new hires without really being called out for any of it at Waddell & Reed. The manager was a total liar where I worked and soon I realized the job was nothing more than a large hole to throw money into. Waddell & Reed throws absolutely zero skin in the game to make you feel supported. You have to pay an awful lot to even breathe in the office it seems. Do yourself a favor and just stop even thinking about working here unless you like the idea of your pockets being emptied and dried.
Steer Clear
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 29, 2014
Pros: the best mutual funds in the industry
Cons: no support, no training, no one to call with issues
ridiculous management structure, cut throat competitive and belligerent staff
My favorite place to work
Annuity Processor (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 21, 2014
Pros: family oriented and lots of activities, great management and very friendly work place
Cons: career advancement maybe a challenge
I only worked here for a year due to me being unable to move to a different position more suited for my goals but the overall atmosphere of the company is great. Everyone is really nice no matter your age, color or background. Most people are social and there are a lot of family activities throughout the year to participate in. I would love to work here again if could only get a role more suited for my career.
Natural market sales
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMay 20, 2014
Pros: own book of business
Cons: majority of financial advisors have to leave to find full time job.
Marketing to your natural market.
Effective sales proposals.
Management gives good advice.
co -workers tend to own book of business but usually are supportive.
To stay focused on marketing all day.
being own boss.
Independent worklife
Intern (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMay 7, 2014
While working at Waddell & Reed, I was mainly administrative support. I focused on scheduling appointments with our clients to meet with our financial representatives, processed and logged checks, collaborated with other interns to compile information for our clients' needs, and processed orders from our clients. I also reorganized our office's filing system to make it more easily accessible, increasing efficiency of the workplace.
Propriety Company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Yardley, PAApril 2, 2014
Pros: none that i can think of
Cons: proprietary
Not a flexible investment platform. Looks like they really dont want advisors but insurance sales people.
Self employed
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: ever increasing production requirements
Solicit clients from whatever source you could think of, i.e. cold, warm or hot calls. As well, face calls and referral sources to build business opportunities.

I enjoyed working with people that knew they needed help with their financial futures.
Temporary
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Shawnee Mission, KSFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: nice company to work for
Cons: long drive
Temporary position: Copy, Scan and Filing of client files.
Missleading
Financial Adviser (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: friendly
Cons: it was a con
Had me study for 3 months, pass all the tests and then tell me that I needed to start calling friends and family to get clients.

1 2 3 4

About Waddell & Reed

Waddell & Reed, Inc. is a subsidiary of Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc. (NYSE:WDR). Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc., – Read more