Waddell & Reed Employee Reviews in United States

F taht helps clients reach their financial goals.inancial Advisor
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDMay 12, 2016
Meeting and reviewing accounts with clients. It is a constant learning process with all the product and law changes.
I am a 1099 employee, so I am my own manager.
I work in my own office and so don't have much contact with the division office. We get along just fine when I am with them.
Finding new clients is hardest part of job.
Helping people reach their financial goals.
Great work environment
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 4, 2016
The management team offers a tremendous amount of knowledge that allows each and every advisor to become successful in their practice.
Good family environment
IT specialist (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 22, 2016
I thought I'd retire from Waddell & Reed. This was the best place to work and you really feel like you are an important part of the big picture. My co-workers became my closest friends.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long drive
About Portal
SQL/ETL/SSIS/SSRS Developer (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 3, 2016
super as work environment with my colleagues
alwasys haivng fun in company
resources are available
nothing to worry about me .
Pros
Excellent
Cons
superb
Senior ETL Consultant (Informatica) (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 28, 2016
Good place to work,will like to work again,allowing to work in new tools but there is no job security,very good co workers.Hardest part of the job is understanding the existing system since there are no documentation.
Great company
OSJ Financial Planning Consultant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 27, 2016
Benefits, education reimbursement, pay, and company culture are great. Lots of room for advancement into several areas of the company.
Waddell & Reed is a fantastic firm
Investment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJanuary 12, 2016
Without ego, I can say that I made the right choice beginning my career as an Investment Advisor at Waddell & Reed. Management is supportive and eager to help new advisors and the MP at the Lake Oswego, OR office will treat your production goals as his own.
Cons
1099. . .you eat what you kill.
Interned
FINANCIAL PLANNING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 24, 2015
Interned for an office were I was exposed to the many different financial instrument available to create and manage Wealth. Management was good, training was primarily accomplish on own thorough a proprietary system which was very well developed. Large upside potential for salesman, tough for introverts.
Great company and benefits
Associate Mutual Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSNovember 24, 2015
Extremely busy for a few weeks then dead for almost a month. Not very balanced work. Co-workers are not enjoyable to work with but management is great.
Good company solid management
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 19, 2015
Professional work environment and co- workers were great. Learned how Waddell and & Reed approached the market place. Manager was opened to new ideas and took the time to help when needed.Spent time recruiting new individuals to the industry. Enjoyed training staff on sales techiniques and products. Red tape involved in the recruiting process as indutry standards tightened.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Very few rewards
solid organization
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 23, 2015
The firm is in fins shape, they are working hard to grow the organization and have done a wonderful job developing field leaders
Productive and friendly work environment
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 22, 2015
Enjoyed working here and would recommend to anyone. However I would prefer to work on salary rather than commission which is the only reason I am wanting to change jobs.
financial advisor
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COOctober 12, 2015
Waddell and Reed provide a good place for new advisors to start their career. Good work life balance, independent structure and proprietary funds to sell. Limits availabilty to sell alternative investments and needs to improve on technology.
I would definitely recommend this place of employment and establishment to all of my friends and family
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  920 Main Street, Suite 640 Kansas City, Mo 64105October 8, 2015
A typical day at work would included: opening the office, stocking the office supplies, greeting all clients, turning on phones and listening to messages and relaying them to the appropriate person, scheduling appointment's dealing with incoming and outgoing faxes, mail, and forms, filing, processing any checks that needed to be processed and turned over to Financial Adviser. How to process appropriate forms and run checks through Echeck. As for management and co-workers did not have a lot of interaction due independent work responsibility. The hardest part of the job was understanding appropriate forms. The most enjoyable part of job was being able help provide for my family, paying bake debt, and somewhat of a small work environment.
Great
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 1, 2015
The position is flexible. It's like starting a business, but it's yourself. You make your own schedule, but have quarterly goals you are required to meet.
Fun work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena CASeptember 16, 2015
I really liked it here. The people were very nice and they also helped me out. This company was really good. I'm hoping they need a temp again. It wasn't hard to do things since I had a folder with instruction on how to do thing.
This company loves its employees!
Associate Mutual Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSSeptember 16, 2015
Terrific benefits and they hire from within first before going to outsiders. Work can be tedious. Not for students just out of university. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Healthcare, time flexibility
Cons
Work can be tedious
Internship
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee) –  Costa MesaSeptember 10, 2015
Financial adviser internship.
My supervisor would instruct me various task and jobs to do.
Learned about the basic financial structure and the main role as a financial adviser.
Fruitful and Prosperous
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 10, 2015
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages the entire staffing process: recruits, screens, interviews, tests and selects employees to fill vacant positions throughout organization
Writes recruitment advertisements for posting in newspapers, internet and other recruiting sources
Teams with vendors such as placement agencies, temporary agencies, and employment sites to enhance the recruiting process
Provides training such as interviewing, discipline, diversity and other HR and related topics
Conducts exit interviews with departing employees and compiles and reports trends to management for action
Represents organization at employment -related hearings and other investigations
Drafts field and administers employment related company-wide policies and procedures.
Manage company college relations and internship programs.
Perform other HR duties as directed.
Great colleagues, nice clients
Receptionist (via Randstad) (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 31, 2015
I came into this temp position as the company pursues a permanent receptionist. It's a mix of phones, faxes, FedEx packages and administrative duties. The people in the office are helpful, kind and great to talk with on a daily basis.