Waddell & Reed Employee Reviews

Great company & Excellent training and support
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 12, 2017
Really liked working there Great teamwork with everyone an fun team building activities. Manager was very supportive went on my meetings with me and was very helpful
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Hard career
Professional Financial Firm
Assistant to the Managing Principal (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 7, 2017
Waddell & Reed has an independent yet supportive culture.

I have found it to be a very good company to be associated with in my Administrative role.

Changes are being made to develop a larger presence in the Financial Marketplace.
Pros
Self-Directed
Cons
Limited Advancement
Typical Financial company
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 3, 2017
typical work day
management has completely changed
good work environment
good people to work with
mainframe to client server
good location for driving
Fabulous Company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 1, 2017
Best job I ever had. Too bad my first day was 9/11/2011 or I would still be working here. Training top notch. Their system works and helping people make money was always a blast.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 16, 2017
It was a very nice place that offered many things to their employee. Other members of the work force were all respectful. Each employee was expected to look professional everyday as well as speak in a professional way.
Pros
Professional Environment
new college graduates - beware
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 15, 2017
they tell you about how much money you can make as a Financial Advisor but in the end all they want to do is lock your family into mutual funds etc that earn you little money and earn your bosses more money - and if your family does not like the funds and want to get out, they are charged penalties.
Wasn't there long enough
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 15, 2017
You have the ability to create your own business. You have complete control of your own destiny. Getting licensed is a pain and requires a lot of your time. Best to have a big network of people to do business with or you will fail instantly.
Pros
Wasn't there long enough.
Cons
Wasn't there long enough.
Great for self starters
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 8, 2017
Great management and unlimited ceiling. Employees and management are very helpful and always willing to assist. Must be self driven and ready to start your own busienss
Great Place
Division Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38119March 7, 2017
Great people make a great place to work at. It is a big family environment. We have pot lucks and ball games. Our company does a golf fundraiser for disadvantaged youth each year.
Great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 1, 2017
Laid back work atmosphere. Coworkers are easy to work with. A great company to grow as a financial advisor. I would refer Waddell & Reed to a friend.
Good people, strong company.
Variable Products Associate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 1, 2017
Good opportunities, for those with the right background and experience levels. There are many positions available in a variety of areas.
Tough environment to succeed in. Commission only Insurance and securities sales
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 28, 2017
Typical day was arrive at 8:00 and attend any team meetings for training or management.

Sit in "Bullpen" with 8 other agents and utilize scripted phone solicitation of prospects and assigned orphan client base.

Cold call prospecting and seminars encouraged. No expense reimbursement.

Low or no sales, means low to no salary.\
Pros
Great experience of wirehouse securities selling
Cons
Wirehouse Securities Selling is very tough to succeed at.
Productive place but with high levels of tension.
SUMMER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAFebruary 20, 2017
I was a summer intern at Waddell & Reed, responsible for fairly simple assignments. I was usually given office work that other people were currently too busy to complete. I had a good relationship with my colleagues.
Productive and fun place to work
Sr Adjustment Technician (Former Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSFebruary 17, 2017
Depending on your particular Data Entry assigned duties, the sooner you were able to competently complete your tasks the sooner you could help your co-workers with the main dept duties. Half of the work I processed in the Adjustment was time sensitive each day, the other half was processed in order received. Being a responsible self-starter was an asset.

Management was always interested in your concerns and ideas and would work with you if warranted.

Doing your job to the best of your ability always left me feeling good about myself.
It was a Job
Advisor/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 16, 2017
Some of it was OK but I found out I am not a sales person in the way they wanted and did not like working all day to prepare and then have to work at nights too .
Pros
ok if you like sales I guess
Cons
Long hours and mostly at night
Well established
Business/Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, MIFebruary 13, 2017
Waddell&Reed is a well know financial advising company that has gained a positive reputation among its clients over the years. Working for Waddell&Reed financial advisor gives me a better insight of financial industry and how to build intimate customer relationships.
I'd recommend this company.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 9, 2017
I come in everyday to work. The first thing I do is unlock doors and turn on the lights. I get logged in on my computer. I check for any messages. I answer the phone and transfer the clients to the financial advisory's.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Short term.
Great work environment
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 30, 2017
The firm is terrific. If they would help focus on new advisors and how to engage in long term growth & success then that would be perfect. Younger advisors have a high percentage of falling out of the firm due to high production minimums.
Independent Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIJanuary 30, 2017
Good training but tough work. Ability to perform sales activities diligently is a must. Great opportunity if you know that you want to be a financial advisor.
Pros
Training, independence
Cons
commission only
Great working experience with great support
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 24, 2017
No salary, complete commissions, you own your own book and have to acquire your own clients. Great support for development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waddell & Reed. Our community is ready to answer.