Wadley Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fast paced, stressful, multi-tasking job.
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Usually arrived an hour early to help negotiate any foreseeable problems in the OR schedule. Every minute is taken answering questions, seeking answers, research, making decisions. I learned how to accept a tremendous amount of pressure, and work steadily, to accomplish the tasks that each day laid before me. My manager was extremely knowledgeable and she and I worked well together in making decisions. The workplace was demanding and, because we were the OR, we had a high standard of rules and regulations that were required of us. The nurses depended on my full cooperation and attentiveness to detail. The hardest part of the job was the physical exertion that was required of me and the repercussions it would have on my back. The most enjoyable part of the job was when things were ordered, delivered on time, reps showed up as scheduled, and the surgeon was pleased that the case went well without any problems.
Pros
Fulfilling responsibility.
Cons
Little to no breaks, long hours, small pay compensations.
Work
RN (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 27, 2017
Positive work environment. Can be stressful and fast paced but you have team members who are willing to help when they can. Healthcare is a rewarding environment as well as demanding. Any job you take in this facility will be rewarding.
Pros
Good hours, guaranteed hours
Cons
Fast paced environment, difficult and emotional taxing at times.
wadley regional medical center
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 25, 2017
It wasn't a great place for me I love the staff members, but the orgranization has a lot of improvements that need to be done, but you can learn a lot form the doctors and nurse that work there.
clean productive environment
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 24, 2017
I had a good experience doing the environmental service job. It was easy for me to get attached to others. There weren't any thing too hard about the job but seeing a lot of sad patients. The most enjoyable thing was that you not having someone looking over your shoulder all the time.
Could use some help
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Wrmc could be a little less strict when it comes to time off. They use pto where you acquire time but they don't like you to use the hrs for real time off. If they approve the time they want to know what you're doing and why you want the time off.
see below
RN intern and then staff (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 22, 2017
pediatric floor that was very busy most of the time. I learned to care for peds and their families and that was enjoyable. Our manager was helpful. The culture was mixed and as a new nurse I learned what it meant for someone to be a mentor. The hardest part of the job was losing a patient. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patient and their families.
Pros
Good opportunity to practice pediatric nursing
Cons
Environment was not always professional
Operating Room Nurse
Operating Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 12, 2017
Great people to work with. Not the most organized place. Could have been better communication between management and staff, but the coworkers are awesome. Close nit family environment. Fast paced surgical environment where a variety of surgeries are done. Overtime possible if needed. Staffing ratios needed work.
Pros
Coworkers, Great group of surgeons
Cons
Unorganized, Communication between staff and management needed work
Medical Records,Outpatient Scheduler, Medicaid (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 29, 2017
Wadley was a great place to advance. There were many opportunities there. I enjoyed meeting with the patients, but it was hard to watch how sick some of the patients were.
Pros
Helping the patients deal with cost.
Cons
Sick patients
Worked here all my working life
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 28, 2017
Decent place to work but many changes over the years as health care and all its components have changed drastically.
Worked in critical care for 10 years and transferred to maternal child and have been very content there for 21 years.
Pros
Good hours good pay
Cons
Many many changes
N/a
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 5, 2017
It was an okay place to work. A very fast paced enviroment. A wonderful entry level position with a lot of advancement opportunities. Good benefits and an great management team
love surgery
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 20, 2017
great place to work. No problems with anyone that is worth repeating. If you have issues with people that are worth repeating, one has to wonder; is it really them or do we need to take a look at ones self?
Cons
no one knows who is in charge
Great place to get expericence in multiple areas and keep your skills fresh.
Texarkana - LVN (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 20, 2017
You will form strong bonds to last a lifetime with your co workers as long as you are a good team player. The pay is very low for LVN's and the opportunity for a raise is poor. Management is pretty good. The house supervisors are kind. Some areas are very demanding like step down. I have been able to keep many skills very fresh.
Pros
Great cafeteria food, afordable benefits, discounts for uniforms.
Cons
Pay and staffing ratios
This position provided a broad spectrum of care creating a great learning experience.
Often Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMarch 24, 2017
A typical day in the PCU unit consisted of providing total care for approximately 5 to 6 patients,often experiencing complications of CABG, MI, TIA, Hemorrhagic stroke, and COPD. PCU know as "The Heart Floor", was often used as ICU due to overcrowding. I gained a vast knowledge of disease processes and developed many nursing skills.
Former employee ER registar
Registar/ER (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMarch 5, 2017
Job was great loved helping people. Co workers Great a little drama same as with any job.
Management on the other hand uncaring very unprofessional,rude and could careless about the employee.
Job on other hand can be stressful at times and at times be a dream job.
Pros
Great pay and bennifits
An okay job
Communication Clerk (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Management isn't great. They will pay for you to go to school in related field but you have to sign a 2-year contract or you will have to pay it all back. You have to give nearly three months in advance for vacation.
The job itself is great
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 6, 2016
The ER supervisor is VERY unprofessional and very uncaring, she will cause you to hate coming to work. The job itself is wonderful. Meeting new people and helping people in their time of need is great. Coworkers are half wonderful, half unprofessional. It's like a big highschool for the most part.
Pros
Learning new skills, helping others
Cons
No actual lunch breaks, dealing with the supervisor
Fun and productive
Saintation Aide (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 5, 2016
Wadley Was my first job and the job that built me into a young working man. The Mangers and coworkers was caring and welcoming cheering and helping a fellow friend strive to be the best you could be in life no matter how hard of work that comes ahead.
Pros
Free lunches
ADMISSION REGISTRAR- PRE REGISTRATION (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 25, 2016
Enjoyed working there, great coworkers and wonderful medical staff.
Good overtime opportunities, has a great cafeteria. Fast paced.
Cons
Hard to get lunch breaks working in the ER
good atmosphere
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 28, 2016
I am working in microbiology on first shift which I love so far and my schedule is almost perfect. I wish the pay was competitive and they did tuition reimbursement.
Pros
great schedule & laid back
Cons
pay not competitive
a great place to work learn alot of skills
Environmenal tech / lead tech (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 3, 2015
working at Wadley Hospital was a great place to work for the most part no two days are a like, you are well trained it is fast paced the hard part was that management was not on the same page like one tell you one thing the other another but that's expected of a big company when things are always changing
Pros
learn a lot of skills and full time gets 40hrs
Cons
short staffed alot of times