Wadley Regional Medical Center

Wadley Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Great Work Place
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Texarkana, TxJanuary 27, 2015
I enjoyed working here . I didn't make much that was my only problem.
Pretty busy workplace, but never boring
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Texarkana, TxJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: discount lunch and gift shop
Cons: short breaks, short on staff alot
A typical day for me was coming in and doing vitals, baths, and helping with meals. I learned a lot about different types of diseases and how to take care of patients after different kinds of surgery. The management was nice, and my coworkers were very helpful. The hardest part of my job was doing 10 to 12 baths everyday. The enjoyable part was the patient and family compliments I have received from my care of their loved ones.
friendly enviroment.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXJanuary 5, 2015
general housekeeping worked with carpet cleaning and hard surface cleaning
A Company that is moving foward
ICU Unit Clerk /Patient Care Tech (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXNovember 20, 2014
I'm very outgoing always willing to give a 120 percent I play as a great team leader willing to learn and except changes as the company grows.
Mobile unit, traveling to different cities
Medical assistant (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: fast-paced, customer interactions
Cons: traveling each day made it difficult to be home with children.
As a medical assistant I performed varying tasks surrounding patient care in regard to angio-screenings including: blood pressure, both arms and legs; EKG; Pulse; Data entry; Reporting results of screening; Collecting payments; Greeting customers.
Medical Receptionist
Medical Receptionist/Charge Entry (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches from drug reps
Cons: didn't get see patients daily
Maintain detail and procedural process to improve accuracy and efficiency. My job was entering codes in the system everyday 10 key. I also managed supplies and inventory for 5 Dr's and made sure that files were input into the EMR system.
Productive wonerful co-workers
Insurance Verification Represenative (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXJuly 10, 2014
A typical day at work consist of printing a daily census and going through each patient checking their insurance information and making sure the demographic were correct. Learned a lot about how important it is to get authorziation for services and learned about proper coding. The hardest part of the job was when others did not do their part and I was left taking up their slack and getting blamed for their mix ups.
A must to be committed to any hours, overtime etc
Transcriber (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXApril 24, 2014
Pros: wonderful educational opportunities and experience
Cons: overloaded with work and only two transcribers to do all radiology and cardiopulmonary
Sold out to Iasis Healthcare. Contracted transcription to a typing company at 5 cents per line.
Staff (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Good place to work. Could use more help in some areas. Some of staff is overworked. Pay and benefits are average.
Great work and relation experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Medical/SurgicalFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: sign on bonus, amazing nurses, gaining and advancing skills
Cons: not a lot of opportunity for schedule changes
Gained a lot of experience working with amazing group of nurses. Learned how to manage different health related diseases that I was not previously custom to. Got a lot of opportunity to gain, build and polish many of my nursing skills. The hardest part was not being able to switch my work hours and having to rearrange or miss certain events in my life.
Great Co-workers and Supervisor
X-ray technician (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great supervisor and easy co-worker enviroment
Cons: no breaks, no raises, benfits not that great.
Supervisor was great, would help out if need help with a patient. Supervisor worked with you if you needed off for medical/family reasons. I seen an average of 20 patients a day for x-rays, lots were ortho and neuro follow ups. I performed general x-rays and helped out at hospital in ER, OR, fluoro, and cysto. In the almost 6 years of being there they only gave two 20 cent raises. Really was no hard part in the job. Enjoyable part is working with some awsome co-workers.
fun work place with a friendly enviornment
Diet Clerk (Former Employee), texarkana, txJanuary 15, 2014
a typical day was pretty hectic but the people that worked there were all like family
Busy fast paced hospital
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXJanuary 10, 2014
I like my job here at wadley but sadned I must leave, due to moving to the Dallas area.
Medical facility
Scheduler (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXNovember 12, 2013
No matter how big or small never make a mistake. It is very different from my past jobs. I have always developed a relationship with my coworkers and managers but here I feel more out of place. I am extremely new to this area also
A learning experience in a fast paced job
Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXNovember 9, 2013
Pros: job advancement was good, good benefits
Cons: very stressful place, not enough workers, employee turnover was constant.
Registered patients for services, verified insurance and collected money owed. This was done in ER, Outpatient and Day Surgery Departments. Money was collected when a person discharged from being admitted as an inpatient unless insurance stated different or patient already had a past due account from previous visit.
Great place for new nurses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXJuly 22, 2013
Long shifts, patients transferred in and out at all hours of the night
Wonderful Staff and Management to work for and with
Cook (Current Employee), Texarkana TxJuly 16, 2013
Pros: staff and management work as a team
The hospital and staff are very easy to work with. The hours are very flexible and the management has an open door policy.
A typical day, start morning cafeteria food for line. After the lines are set up and food is prepared. The menus for lunch and dinner are viewd. prep begins and then we continue to cook according to menu. Prep for the next days menu can be started if necessary, Then cleanup.
Registrar Emergency Department
Registrar- Emergency Department (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXJuly 15, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great work experience
Cons: short lunches, no compensation for bilingual skills
work basically 2 jobs for the first 3 hrs of the day, then are scheduled to work 12 hrs per day, have to multi-task between ambulances, patients coming into the door, hospital, physicians, and nurses. after 5 pm, all admissions, orders, outpatient, and surgeries come into the ER. Management is very uncaring and very un-supportive, co-workers are great. the hardest part of the day is dealing with the constant rush of people that walk through the door and come in from ambulances. The most enjoyable part is helping people and making their hospital experience better for them. I love helping people.
Radiology Technologist (PRN) (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXFebruary 1, 2013
Great place to work. Very friendly enviroment. With all jobs, you have some good workers and you have your get-by/lazy workers but no job is perfect.
A great place to work and gain new job skills.
Emergency Room Registrar (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXJanuary 6, 2013
No day is ever typically everyday is a new experience and new challenge. I enjoyed interacting with the public on a daily bases.

About Wadley Regional Medical Center

Wadley Regional Medical Center is a general hospital serving┬ápatients from the Ark-La-Tex region -- that is, Arkansas, Louisiana, – Read more